10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

Please read my text message. Hope it helps...:)

Thanks hun, didn't even realise I had a text until I saw this message... Couldn't sleep, I was really cold and uncomfortable, I even had the blondest of blonde moments*, it was past 2:30am when I checked the time. This morning, I couldn't remember how I'd managed to fall asleep, but just reading your message reminded me that the last thing I remember thinking about was pretty much what you suggested in your text :) So thanks hun, I know exactly what to do if I have another bad night :) xxx

*I was wearing a hoodie in bed so put my hood up because my ears were cold. Then, I spent a good five minutes coming up with a business plan for hoods for your feet, because my toes were cold... :eek:

Sunday 27/02 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 2 small slices wholemeal toast with Frylighted egg and mushrooms
- Robinson's NAS squash

20 situps done - they seem to be getting harder and harder to do...

- 2 clementines

Lunch
- Boiled rice with butter chicken from mag <- pic a few posts down...
- Cucumber, lettuce and green bean salad, with roasted spiced cauliflower <- also from mag, page 20, nicked from lamb tikka masala recipe
- Pepsi Max

- 50g soft scoop vanilla ice cream (4 syns) <- a new tub with different syn values from the ice cream I had on Friday night, grrr! - with half pot Activia FF mango yoghurt
- 1 small spoon apple crumble (2 syns?) <- kinda wish I hadn't had this but glad I stopped before I licked the bowl clean

Another 20 situps done - the faster I do them, the less they hurt...

- Milky coffee with 250ml skimmed milk (5/7 HExA) and sweetener
- Tea with 100ml skimmed milk (2/7 HExA) and 2 Rich Tea biscuits (4 syns)

Dinner
- Leftover boiled rice with butter chicken from mag
- Cucumber, lettuce and green bean salad, with roasted spiced cauliflower
- 1/8 of a kachori my uncle bought from Ambala, it's basically a huge round meat samosa really... I'd say 7 syns...
- Black coffee with sweetener

And a final 20 situps for the day I think :) Don't mind that I've gone over syns, everything will show on the scales tomorrow but I've had my strong black coffee tonight so hoping my body will let me go to the loo before I leave for WI!

Total syns: 17 syns

EDIT: Another 40 situps, so that's 100!

Last edited:
Thanks hun, didn't even realise I had a text until I saw this message... Couldn't sleep, I was really cold and uncomfortable, I even had the blondest of blonde moments*, it was past 2:30am when I checked the time. This morning, I couldn't remember how I'd managed to fall asleep, but just reading your message reminded me that the last thing I remember thinking about was pretty much what you suggested in your text :) So thanks hun, I know exactly what to do if I have another bad night :) xxx

*I was wearing a hoodie in bed so put my hood up because my ears were cold. Then, I spent a good five minutes coming up with a business plan for hoods for your feet, because my toes were cold... :eek:

Oh hunny....you soooooooooooo need a hot water bottle with a nice cover I can't sleep without mine plus you can chuck it out of bed if you get too hot.

Big mwahs to juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Hey

I am a regular viewer of your diary, but not a commenter.
I read your vent last night when i woke up this morning and it had me close to tears hunny!
Losing your father i'm afraid i have no experience in so i have no idea how you must be feeling!
But with regards to your ex...I have been there babe and i know exactly how your feeling, when i read your post all the feelings i used to feel came flooding back to me.
Your an absolute inspiration to many people.
You have so much going on and yet you are such a strong person too...your father would be so proud of you.
I hope this isn't me speaking out of turn but i just felt i had to say it :)

On another note....butter chicken?? Is that the recipe from SW mag??
If so, what is it like? i'm contemplating making it!!!

Oh hunny....you soooooooooooo need a hot water bottle with a nice cover I can't sleep without mine plus you can chuck it out of bed if you get too hot.

Big mwahs to juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Tonight, I'll have a long hot shower and get a nice hot water body ready for when I jump into bed :)

*air kisses* ;) <- I'm teaching my brother these as his kisses are a bit sloppy for the likings of most people :p xxx

Hey

I am a regular viewer of your diary, but not a commenter.
I read your vent last night when i woke up this morning and it had me close to tears hunny!
Losing your father i'm afraid i have no experience in so i have no idea how you must be feeling!
But with regards to your ex...I have been there babe and i know exactly how your feeling, when i read your post all the feelings i used to feel came flooding back to me.
Your an absolute inspiration to many people.
You have so much going on and yet you are such a strong person too...your father would be so proud of you.
I hope this isn't me speaking out of turn but i just felt i had to say it :)

On another note....butter chicken?? Is that the recipe from SW mag??
If so, what is it like? i'm contemplating making it!!!

Hey hun, thank you so much for your message, I feel so much better for reading this :) Things will be tough for a long time yet - I had to go back and re-read my post as I couldn't remember what I'd written... pretty deep! Maybe I'll delete it in a few days, once I know the feelings are settled somewhere inside me... But thank you for reading, and sorry for almost making you cry! *big hugs*

It sure is the recipe from the magazine! Use Frylight 'better than butter' instead of normal Frylight, otherwise there isn't much of a buttery taste... And I didn't use the madras curry powder, just chucked in a random mixture of spices, it turned out OK :) Make it! Doesn't take as long as it says in the recipe, I think the last step says leave it to simmer for 40-45 mins but mine was cooked perfectly in 25.

xxx

Mmmm....your butter chicken looks yum hun. I see you adapted the recipe & used your own spices like me. I always find that they use too much tomato and cinamon sticks and my mum doesn't like the stock cube thing either. I never measure my spices I just chuck ingredients in as I go along that's the whole fun of cooking for me.

Ps lol at the teaching your brother to air kiss...my nephew's sprays when he speaks but he's only 3 :drool:

Mmmm....your butter chicken looks yum hun. I see you adapted the recipe & used your own spices like me. I always find that they use too much tomato and cinamon sticks and my mum doesn't like the stock cube thing either. I never measure my spices I just chuck ingredients in as I go along that's the whole fun of cooking for me.

Ps lol at the teaching your brother to air kiss...my nephew's sprays when he speaks but he's only 3 :drool:

Will definitely be making it again! It was lovely, I think it went down well with everyone else aswell... BIL asked what the sweet stuff in it was, I think it was just the buttery FL. Oh god, don't get me started on the cinnamon, I put half a stick in and then took it out ten mins later, it just smelt so yucky! I love doing it all by andaaza (estimation to the non-Urdu speakers!), it just tastes so much better! I think I'll find some curry powder for next time though, see what it's actually meant to taste like :p

HAHAHAHA! All my cousins spray when they blow candles out, which is terrible for us as there are lots of cousins and therefore lots of birthdays! So we get to eat spit-flavoured cake, yummmm :rolleyes: hahahaha, there's actually a picture on Facebook of my cousin's birthday party where my uncle has got his hands covering the mouths of the two most spitty kids to make sure they don't join in! :8855:

I don't seem to find that curry powder makes much difference in SW dishes. I made aloo gobi SW style and put over half a packet of curry powdet there and it still wasn't spicy enough. I haven't tried it with a chicken dish though. Lol. Maybe it's just me?

I don't seem to find that curry powder makes much difference in SW dishes. I made aloo gobi SW style and put over half a packet of curry powdet there and it still wasn't spicy enough. I haven't tried it with a chicken dish though. Lol. Maybe it's just me?

This recipe called for 4 tbsp :eek:! And I think it said madras curry powder... I wasn't aware there were different ones up until I read that :eek:

The date for my niece's birthday party has been set... 10th April, here I come! Not too close, not too far, really want to be reaching my target by the beginning of April. Gotta get back into the running again, convinced mum to let us turn the treadmill around so it faces the TV :p the TV came in her room after the treadmill so we just used to watch the traffic whilst running! But now I've told her she can watch all her programmes while doing a slow walk and burn calories without even really noticing, she got my brother to turn it around! I think I'll cover the display so I can't see the distance I run or how long it's been, but just run during Neighbours/Eastenders... I was thinking about starting tomorrow but I have my first tutoring session with the kid across the road! :D Well, maybe not actually... his mum just went into labour (I say just, she's been in labour since yesterday :( biggggg baby) so he might be a bit too excited to work! Sit ups are going good, this challenge is such an inspiration!

Back to uni tomorrow, not really looking forward to it.. Need to get my ass in gear and find a placement, rapido. Missed a deadline for one I really wanted to apply for on Friday - bummed but now I have to get my head down and find a better one. Mondays are usually my favourite day, I do an hour of work and then go meet my best friend for coffee, tomorrow's meeting is supposed to be breaking the mould and we're meant to be going for pizzaaaaa, but I think he forgot again :( And he hasn't text me since like... last Friday? Which is a bit bizarre but I feel like letting him get in touch with me first! To be honest, he's probably weirded out by my fake declaration of lurrrve for him :eek: NOTE: it was FAKE!

Burnt my hand while pouring water into my mug for coffee, boo hoo :( Gonna have a quick shower, fill up a hot water bottle, sort my hair out and jump straight into bed for a lovely cosy night's sleep, fingers crossed :) Up early for the school run, blehhh - I hate driving my sister's car!

Night all :) xxx

Monday 28/01 - Don't know yet!

Breakfast
- Black coffee with sweetener

WI day, haven't been on the scales for two weeks so kinda excited, nervous, hungry! Need to pee that damn coffee out :mad: :eek: EDIT: lots of crappy junk today, but also ran two miles so... However, no more oil, fat, chocolate, yuck- my stomach is hurting so bad :(

Last edited:
Good luck for weigh in hun....I'm sure you'll do well. Hope you have a fab day....xx

2lbs off :) which also makes exactly 2st lost on SW! 8st10lbs sounds better as 55.5kg, that's a nice number isn't it?! :D

My body fat mass is 17.7kg... so my body fat % is 31.9%... I think it was around 22% the last time I checked, so I'm glad about that :) Won't WI next week as I will be on my period and don't wanna depress myself with a gain!

Sent you a txt earlier...feeling awful today...don't know what's in my system. Was waiting to hear from you on your loss and decided to come here and check up on you...so well done on your loss! Hope to get back on plan now that the wedding is over and I'm back to normal.

Back