10st10lbs' Diary - been away for far too long!

enjoyed reading through your experience. Congrats!

Tuesday 01/03 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 28g Special K Sustain (HExB) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA) and chopped banana
- Tea with 50ml skimmed milk (1/7 HExA)

- Black coffee with sweetener
- Milkshake that my best friend got me (I don't know how many syns but I'm probably having 3/4 no syn days this week aswell...)

Lunch
- Tomato n herb pasta mugshot with mushrooms and 14g cheese (3 syns)

Dinner
- Boiled rice with lentils
- Apple

- Coffee with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA)
- Alpen Light bar (3 syns) and Turkish Delight biscuit (3.5 syns)

60 sit ups today, wanted to do more but I'm still feeling a bit dodgy from yesterday, the milkshake earlier really didn't help but there was no saying no to her :(

593 words done, so I'm past 1/4 of the way there. Bed in an hour I think, I do have to be up early and I have two hours of lectures I cannot miss starting from 9am - which is funnily enough probably the time I could get the most work done. Submission deadline time is about 5ish I think, want to have it handed in by 3 at the absolute latest.

Total syns: 9.5 syns for the time being, but I might have 1 or 2 Cadbury's chocolate eclairs if I get distracted from my work again...

Last edited:
:banana dancer::banana dancer: How's this for a bit of motivation? I present to you shanno & banto the two punjabi mummae shakers....they smell of saag! Sorry hun I'm in a silly mood today...think the fruit sugars have got to me...lol!

Ps, Apologies if I offended anyone's mum, chachi, bua, tai, dadi, nani, sister, wife, cross dressing male relative or anyone on here called shanno or banto....LOL!!! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!!!

BTW, the link in your sig doesn't work... I meant to tell you the other night!

I've written one sentence for my essay, oh yes.

Oh BLAAAADY!!! Do you know HOW long it took me to add that thing on?? I'm gonna delete it & try n fix it from work tomorrow :p

Question:

How do you get someone to understand that 'no' means 'no'?

Background information relating to one example:

My best friend, eternally skinny, bought me a milkshake today - it contained atleast three different chocolates and cream and syrup and sauces, but it also had strawberries in it, so she thought I'd have it just because of the strawberries. I really don't know how to say no to her, I did say it about four times on the phone when she said she was coming to see me with it, because it'd help me concentrate on my work (which I hadn't done a single bit of) and I felt so frustrated when she gave it to me. I love her to pieces but I really want to love myself too, and if that means another month of strict eating then so be it! I had my off-plan day yesterday, which she knew, but she still got me the milkshake... :( After I finished it, I realised I could have taken it home and given it to my brother BUT she would have made me drink some infront of her... Trivial matter, but I don't know what to do and it's making me sad/mad/feel bad :(

Good luck with the essay. I had a relatively short one to complete (750 words) which needed to be handed in yesterday and I still left it to the last minute to complete it.

About the milkshake thing, maybe you could suggest to your friend to get you some other treat (which is SW friendly of course) which you'd appreciate more?

Good luck with the essay. I had a relatively short one to complete (750 words) which needed to be handed in yesterday and I still left it to the last minute to complete it.

About the milkshake thing, maybe you could suggest to your friend to get you some other treat (which is SW friendly of course) which you'd appreciate more?

1,379 words done and I have decided to make just one more point, then use the rest of my word allowance on an introduction and conclusion! But I slept through three alarms :eek: and missed a corporate finance tutorial and a people and project management lecture :cry:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely try that... Pre-packed little box of melon, grapes or pineapples from Tesco would cost her less than the milkshake!

Wednesday 02/03 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 28g Special K Sustain (HExB) with 200ml skimmed milk (4/7 HExA) and a chopped banana

- 5 Jacob's Rosemary and Sea Salt thins (5 syns) and 1 TruFree digestive biscuit (2.5 syns) <- discovered both of these in the Boots food section, the main one in town has a Waitrose area now... The Jacob's thins are really addictive but lovely at just 21 calories, so 1 syn! And the biscuits are wheat and gluten free, a bit smaller than McVities digestives but yummy all the same, and 1.5 syns less than a McV's one! I will have to be careful with both of these shiny new toys but I'm glad I found something low-syn that I can indulge in when I'm out and about

Lunch
- Minestrone pasta mugshot with mushrooms
- Sliced melon, grapes and banana with Activia FF pineapple yoghurt

Dinner
- Boiled rice with lentils
- Steamed broccoli and lamb

- 1 Jacob's Rosemary and Sea Salt thin (1 syn) and 1.75 TruFree digestive biscuits (5 syns - my sister wanted to try one, took a bite and threw it back at me! Too dry, apparently... :rolleyes:)
- Cadbury's Highlights (2 syns) with boiled water and 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA)

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Question:

How do you get someone to understand that 'no' means 'no'?

Background information relating to one example:

My best friend, eternally skinny, bought me a milkshake today - it contained atleast three different chocolates and cream and syrup and sauces, but it also had strawberries in it, so she thought I'd have it just because of the strawberries. I really don't know how to say no to her, I did say it about four times on the phone when she said she was coming to see me with it, because it'd help me concentrate on my work (which I hadn't done a single bit of) and I felt so frustrated when she gave it to me. I love her to pieces but I really want to love myself too, and if that means another month of strict eating then so be it! I had my off-plan day yesterday, which she knew, but she still got me the milkshake... :( After I finished it, I realised I could have taken it home and given it to my brother BUT she would have made me drink some infront of her... Trivial matter, but I don't know what to do and it's making me sad/mad/feel bad :(

Hey hun,

Your best mate is probably just being nice and hasn't realised that her gesture can have a negative impact on your diet. She's rewarding herself with a milkshake treat which she thinks you may enjoy that too but hasn't thought beyond that and you can't really expect her too as she may not be as focused on diet & nutrition as we are. I'm sure she means no harm and just let her know that although you're touched that she thinks of you & cares about you you would rather that she asks if you want it rather than just buy it. She could get you a coffee or a SW friendly skinny latte insead if she likes.

Ps I'm on a come down from my sugar high so if any of the above sounds weird then ignore it. Oh I showed my mum banto n shanno & she was cracking up! :D

Hello my dearest! :D

It's been a long time since I posted in your diary but I have been keeping my beady eye on you!! :D You were the first person to welcome me to Minimins for which I am eternally grateful - really couldn't do without this forum now!!! :)

Just wantes to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :happy096: on losing 2 whole stone!!! You must (or should missy) feel :bliss:- seriously - you are doing FAB!!

You are a true inspiration!!! xx

Hey hun,

Your best mate is probably just being nice and hasn't realised that her gesture can have a negative impact on your diet. She's rewarding herself with a milkshake treat which she thinks you may enjoy that too but hasn't thought beyond that and you can't really expect her too as she may not be as focused on diet & nutrition as we are. I'm sure she means no harm and just let her know that although you're touched that she thinks of you & cares about you you would rather that she asks if you want it rather than just buy it. She could get you a coffee or a SW friendly skinny latte insead if she likes.

Ps I'm on a come down from my sugar high so if any of the above sounds weird then ignore it. Oh I showed my mum banto n shanno & she was cracking up! :D

Hey beautiful, I appreciate the advice :) It was probably all the stress from the essay talking (which I finished before 2pm, so yay :)) but I'm glad I wrote the post because my true feelings come out when my head's all over the place! I will speak to her about it, she wants me to motivate her to go to all her lectures and tutorials so *Mars Planets ad before Friends voice* I'm sure we can come to some arrangement... ;)

Hahahahaha! My mum would just tut and shout at me :eek: In Pakistan, my cousins call bras 'Shabbo' and if someone's strap is showing, they just go 'Shabbo terrace pe ghoom rahi hai' :rolleyes: and all the boys look outside confused, giving the offender a chance to cover up :p hahahaha xxx

Hello my dearest! :D

It's been a long time since I posted in your diary but I have been keeping my beady eye on you!! :D You were the first person to welcome me to Minimins for which I am eternally grateful - really couldn't do without this forum now!!! :)

Just wantes to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :happy096: on losing 2 whole stone!!! You must (or should missy) feel :bliss:- seriously - you are doing FAB!!

You are a true inspiration!!! xx

Hello Kat! Aww it's nice to speak to you again after ages :) I've been keeping my eye on you too :p Are you aiming for the gold body magic award or sticking with silver for now?

For the first time in a long time, I actually do feel like I'm doing something right in my life :) Met up with a really good friend today for a quick coffee and as I took my jacket off, her mouth opened in awe and she was like 'Your figure is bladdy amazing!' - the guys next to us had a chuckle at her, lol! And then she asked me for advice on healthy eating because she went home over the weekend and had pizza, KFC, and fish and chips, then starved herself yesterday because she thought she'd eaten way too much. I was kind of proud inside that she'd asked me, and I just talked to her about carrying on eating, but the right foods. We established she hates pasta and rice but likes sandwiches and jacket potatoes, so decided she'd have a JP with beans and salad :) She wanted to know her weight aswell, so we walked down to Boots where I WI and checked that, and her body fat mass, and she was so happy that she knew her weight again because she hadn't checked it since summer! So yeahh, I feel kinda :cool: and :eek: but definitely like :0icanfly: so :thankyou: :) xxx

Hey beautiful, I appreciate the advice :) It was probably all the stress from the essay talking (which I finished before 2pm, so yay :)) but I'm glad I wrote the post because my true feelings come out when my head's all over the place! I will speak to her about it, she wants me to motivate her to go to all her lectures and tutorials so *Mars Planets ad before Friends voice* I'm sure we can come to some arrangement... ;)

Hahahahaha! My mum would just tut and shout at me :eek: In Pakistan, my cousins call bras 'Shabbo' and if someone's strap is showing, they just go 'Shabbo terrace pe ghoom rahi hai' :rolleyes: and all the boys look outside confused, giving the offender a chance to cover up :p hahahaha xxx

I find it easier to type or write my feelings rather than say them as I find that it's difficult not to say the wrong thing in haste. Don't worry too much about it I'm sure she'll be fine about it plus she must know about you wanting to look your bestest for your niece's birthday party.

Lol at the shabbo thing...I've got an aunt called shabnam and she's got MAHUSIVE boobies lol! My mum's got a really funny sense of humour she's pretty cool like that. My nan's even funnier so long as we don't crack dirty jokes in front of the men we're ok ;)

Power-walked/ran 2 miles in just over 29 mins, including one 3 min run at 6mph and one 4 min run at 6.5mph! Major achievement :D 60 sit ups done today aswell, happy with that :) Cut up some melon, grapes and banana in a box to take with me to uni tomorrow, if I remember! Had a hot shower, had a hot chocolate, got a hot water bottle, watched a hot episode of 90210, now jumping into a warm bed for a nice sleep :)

xxx

Thursday 03/03 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 2 small slices wholemeal toast (HExB) with baked beans and mushrooms

Doctor's appointment in 15 mins, do antibiotics hinder weight loss?

- Cadbury's choc eclair (2 syns)

Lunch
- Creamy cheese pasta mugshot (2 syns) with 4 Jacob's R&SS thins (4 syns)
- Melon, grape and banana
- Cadbury's choc eclair (2 syns)

- Activia FF vanilla yoghurt

Dinner
- Chapatti (3.5 syns) with fenugreek, potato, peas and carrot curry (1 syn)
- Steamed green beans

Crazy-time meal
- Scrambled egg with syn-free five bean chilli
- Tangerine

- 250ml skimmed milk (5/7 HExA)

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 03/03 - Extra Easy

Breakfast
- 2 small slices wholemeal toast (HExB) with baked beans and mushrooms

Doctor's appointment in 15 mins, do antibiotics hinder weight loss?

anti B's cause water retention hun! :-( but as soon as ur finished ur course and a few gallons of water drinking will sort that out anyway! :) result!

im tempted to try black coffee! had a cappacheno (sp) from vending machine!! epic fail it was almost all frothy milk and i dont know how to syn in!

anti B's cause water retention hun! :-( but as soon as ur finished ur course and a few gallons of water drinking will sort that out anyway! :) result!

im tempted to try black coffee! had a cappacheno (sp) from vending machine!! epic fail it was almost all frothy milk and i dont know how to syn in!

Oh poo :( I've been given a 2 week course and was hoping to WI every 2 weeks from now on, so not the coming Monday but the one after... I should prepare myself for a crappy March, my period is due any day now and with all this water retention... I will be AMAZED if I lose anything this month!

Me no like cappucinos! I wouldn't know how to start synning it, because I think each different machine has different measures... Atleast from a cafe like Costa, Nero, Starbucks etc, you know you can find the values online! But still... black coffees are the way forward! I try to have one after every meal - maybe too much information! - as I think it's what helps keep me regular! It doesn't do anything for keeping me awake though :rolleyes: :p xxx

If you need antibiotic you need antibiotic! Hope you get better soon!

Power-walked/ran 2 miles in just over 29 mins, including one 3 min run at 6mph and one 4 min run at 6.5mph! Major achievement :D 60 sit ups done today aswell, happy with that :) Cut up some melon, grapes and banana in a box to take with me to uni tomorrow, if I remember! Had a hot shower, had a hot chocolate, got a hot water bottle, watched a hot episode of 90210, now jumping into a warm bed for a nice sleep :)

xxx

Ju iz haaaaaaaaat stuff innay? :D Lol! Well done for the exercise hun. :)

Back