11 Weeks have changed my life - update pic

Thanks for the inspiration

WOW is all I can say!!! I'm struggling to stick with it at the momment, but your photos after just 11 weeks have inspired me. Thanks!!!:) :) :) :) :)

OK, back on SS today after seeing my councillor...gonna keep doing updates daily now until I reach my goal of 12 1/2 stone.

Going good so far, having difficulty drinking the water, but that shall come with a few days practice.

Wish me luck!

OMG what an amazing difference, you look years younger!

Well done!!

Oooh how comes I missed this post before? :D

Wow , look at you, you look great, and years younger :)

a little tip from me, which may help in getting the water down, and thats to make a slush puppy! just put some ices cubes into the blender, add some water and water flavourings, and hey presto you have a slush puppy!

diva I too thought minty looked like mike - specially round the eyes, as i waited for the picture to load, obv that was the first bit to appear lol

Hi Minty - well done on completing Day 1 - of your final journey towards maintenance. You are inspiring so many people - enjoy your week - not long now to reaching your goal.

Have a good day.

Finally!! Yes, day 1 back on SS went without a hitch. I turned down an offer of dinner too! Great thing is i seem to have dropped about 4Lbs on the first day!! Must be the glycogen store I suppose, but the last stone or so doesnt seem like such an issue right now! Hooray.:D

Oh Dear. I'll admit it, Ive faltered. BUT I havent failed.

I am thoroughly peed off with myself after scoffing some food last night. Bugger.

The day went well until a friend popped over and we went out for a drink. I was determined to drink water all night but it didnt happen. I had about 3 ciders and on the way home ate a carribean vegetable pattie. What a wally.:eek:

When I first started SS i had this on the first few days. I know it is because i have not got the added protection of ketosis yet, and that it will only come for me after 3 or 4 days of SS.

I am determined to do this, and I think that means that I just have to take the same steps i took in May - stay away from the pub!

The good news is that I feel a complete idiot, and you tend to learn from mistakes. It could have been worse.

I am abstaining from going out this weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be in ketosis. I have a lovely toffee and walnut shake sitting here ready for lunch, and a rather large bottle of evian.

I did think about skipping the post today or saying everything had gone smoothly and glossing over the blip, but who would iI be kidding but myself?:rolleyes:

So...day 1....again.:eek:

It may be day 1 again in terms of ssing but just think how far you have come in terms of your attitude. ;)

I have to say your post is inspiring because I have been very concerned that once I get towards/to goal weight that I will be all extreme in my attitude towards food again but in terms of healthiness.

You have got your head screwed on and this is what will get you to where you want to be :)

Oh Dear. I'll admit it, Ive faltered. BUT I haven't failed.

I am thoroughly peed off with myself after scoffing some food last night. Bugger.

The day went well until a friend popped over and we went out for a drink. I was determined to drink water all night but it didn't happen. I had about 3 ciders and on the way home ate a Caribbean vegetable Pattie. What a wally.:eek:

When I first started SS i had this on the first few days. I know it is because i have not got the added protection of ketosis yet, and that it will only come for me after 3 or 4 days of SS.

I am determined to do this, and I think that means that I just have to take the same steps i took in May - stay away from the pub!

The good news is that I feel a complete idiot, and you tend to learn from mistakes. It could have been worse.

I am abstaining from going out this weekend. Hopefully by Monday I'll be in ketosis. I have a lovely toffee and walnut shake sitting here ready for lunch, and a rather large bottle of evian.

I did think about skipping the post today or saying everything had gone smoothly and glossing over the blip, but who would iI be kidding but myself?:rolleyes:

So...day 1....again.:eek:

It may be day 1 again in terms of ssing but just think how far you have come in terms of your attitude. ;)

I have to say your post is inspiring because I have been very concerned that once I get towards/to goal weight that I will be all extreme in my attitude towards food again but in terms of healthiness.

You have got your head screwed on and this is what will get you to where you want to be :)

Hi Minty,

I agree with Chicken, your post is inspiring and I feel the fact you came on here and told the truth and did not hide what happened means to me anyways...you are not in denial any longer and your attitude is one of a winner.

Ketosis is like how Icemoose describes...duvet of comfort.

I am deliberately making myself drink water this morning, yesterday I found it very hard to get up to 3 litres...so it does take a while to get back on top again.

Here is to a good day SSing:)

I agree with Chicken, your post is inspiring and I feel the fact you came on here and told the truth and did not hide what happened means to me anyways...you are not in denial any longer and your attitude is one of a winner.

Hi Minty.. I can only agree with Mini and Chicken... You are a real inspitation to me and my OH who was stunned by your pics.. it's really helped him to keep going with the CD!!

You seem to have your head in the right place and you're doing a sterling job:)

Keep up your good work and have a great day:)

Love xxxx

Thanks guys, its so odd that losing 4 1/2 stone (or 6 1/2 stone if you count WW) seems to be far easier than losing this last stone. But I WILL do it!!!!

Thanks guys, its so odd that losing 4 1/2 stone (or 6 1/2 stone if you count WW) seems to be far easier than losing this last stone. But I WILL do it!!!!

Hi hun.. I'm so with you on this one.. I'm struggling big time at the moment with the last stone and a half..... it's sooooo blummin hard aint it???:eek::eek: It's all a bit of a minefield at the moment but I'm sure we will get though to the other side... we've come too far not to!!!!!!:):D...

love xxxxx:)

You know, I think it's because the closer you get to goal the happier you are with yourself and the less you need to lose weight. The last time I went to the doctors, was the first and only time I've not been moaned at about losing weight, and what with all these compliments, I think it just gives all of us aslightly bigger head than we had when we were obese.

You're right Minty, it's very easy to be complacent even though,IMO, it is sometimes on a subconscious level:eek:.. I think I personally am also scared of getting to goal in case it's not all that it's cracked up to be and I can't hide behind the fat suit any more!!!!! More head work needed for me me thinks!!!:eek:

A problem recognised is one that can be fixed... I'm on the job:eek::eek:

Love xx

You know, I think it's because the closer you get to goal the happier you are with yourself and the less you need to lose weight. The last time I went to the doctors, was the first and only time I've not been moaned at about losing weight, and what with all these compliments, I think it just gives all of us aslightly bigger head than we had when we were obese.

Hi Minty,

For me this is really what it is all about...Your health is your wealth!

Without it life becomes very limited...

I find compliments hard to accept sometimes and then other times I glow...

That is lovely to hear you say your are happy with yourself, it is a real affirmation:)

God, I'm starving.

Its 7.05 and I had my second pack of the day about an hour ago. I still have a shake and a bar left, but i keep having images of food flashing before my eyes LOL. :rolleyes:

Think it will be an early night tonight. Planning on keeping myself busy tommorrow packing and sorting out some stuff for moving in 2 weeks.

Oh well, was just typing this really as an alternative to nipping to the fridge.

Ketosis can't come quick enough. :)

Back