12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

Did you eat it warm or cold?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes it does , definitely needs to be eaten cold.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Do u have the lemon curd recipe to hand??
I'm going to make the fat free cup cakes to orrow and fancy lemon curd and some kind of icing substitute.
Ta
Abi x

Anyone else find this just tastes like a sweet omelette? Which after all is basically what it is - I found it vile and not at all cake like, shame as I have loved all the other recipes I have tried

Same here...sweet omelette, I found it vile too, no hint of sponge :(

Same here...sweet omelette, I found it vile too, no hint of sponge :(

Guess we have different tastebuds to everyone else but as its mainly eggs and sweetener I cant see how it can taste of anything other than eggy lol

Will stick with my pretend Eton Mess for my sweet fix as I dont like chocolate

WelshCake said:
Guess we have different tastebuds to everyone else but as its mainly eggs and sweetener I cant see how it can taste of anything other than eggy lol

Did you majorly whisk the eggs??? i put mine in a food processer for 10 mins full speed x

Did you majorly whisk the eggs??? i put mine in a food processer for 10 mins full speed x

Yes eggs were whisked it looked like the pictures of the others people have done but just tasted eggy - but as it is mainly eggs and sweetener I guess thats not surprising - maybe the fact I don't like eggs much (as in boiled/fried/poached egg - quiches I can cope with) clouds my judgement but 99% of the other SW recipes I have tried have been great :)

WelshCake said:
Yes eggs were whisked it looked like the pictures of the others people have done but just tasted eggy - but as it is mainly eggs and sweetener I guess thats not surprising - maybe the fact I don't like eggs much (as in boiled/fried/poached egg - quiches I can cope with) clouds my judgement but 99% of the other SW recipes I have tried have been great :)

Awwww that's a shame. Im not a massive egg person either Tbh. Hate omelettes. Must be all the jam i whacked on disguising it lol x

But it has flour too. As you say everone had different taste buds. I dont like the "cream" made with quark, wish I did would make life a lot easier. Oh well, the world would be a strange place if we were all the same!

But it has flour too. As you say everone had different taste buds. I dont like the "cream" made with quark, wish I did would make life a lot easier. Oh well, the world would be a strange place if we were all the same!

Yes it does have a small amount hence me saying - its "mainly" eggs and sweetener - on the plus side I had chicken in coke tonight which I thought would be vile but we love it and have it weekly :)

Oh yes did that last night. Had it loads now, hubby liked it too. He had his with rice and I had mine with beansprouts, nice n crunchy.Its on my fave list!

hollys nan said:
Oh yes did that last night. Had it loads now, hubby liked it too. He had his with rice and I had mine with beansprouts, nice n crunchy.Its on my fave list!

I hate it. Taste buds again x

Back