120lbs to shed with Alizonne tightening

Amazing loss! I'm not holding on for a loss this week, I erm... bliped today, had bad news and ate. Boo.

You did Paleo? How was it? I just got the book but not read it yet, got a lot to work through! Looking for different options to maintain, torn between tried-and-tested low-fat, low-gi, and the newer lower carbing options such as paleo, atkins, pig to twig etc. Any feedback on it appreciated!

Loved paleo, MiniMoosh. Google 'paleo' and you'll find lots of great resources and low carb recipes. Mark's Daily Apple and the Diet Doctor from Sweden have good sites. Diet Doctor has the best list of useful weblinks.

Paleo is basically good real food, including meat with natural animal fats, low in carbs so no potatoes, pasta etc.

I included dairy - cream in coffee but hardly any cheese. No sugar, diet drinks and fruit limited to berries - ie pretend 'eating like a caveman'.

I know now from doing Alizonne that my portion sizes were too big. Protein 5 times a day on Alizonne suits me. I would have lost more weight if I'd increased veg portions and eaten smaller meals more often.

So I'll be back to paleo post Alizonne.

This am, another 1lb off!

Ali

The mysteries of vlcds! 2lbs off since yesterday 17st 6.

Some friends came round yesterday evening. I drank sodastream sparkling water whilst they drank wine or whisky.

She said several times I was looking very well, in a lovely way. I think she didn't feel she knew me well enough to say I'd lost weight!

Beautiful day here on the North Norfolk coast. Washing out on the drying line for the first time this year. Cherry plum blossom in the kitchen as they cut the hedge last week and I took some from the clippings. It has really beautiful white petals with lots of stamens. It looks very Japanese in a simple glass vase.

Happy Sunday, everybody!

Ali

And another pound this am to 243. I think my body has decided it's ok to release the excess back to wild and it doesn't need to hang on to it. Ihaven't had successive daily losses like this since week one - and I'm in the final week of month 3.

Although I have been busy moving my Ma in law, my routine has been the same - except up and downstairs packing, rather than long dog walks.

Sea mist in this am. She's living in the nieghbouring town 6-7 minutes drive away. She has a fab view across the sea - and says it's so much better than looking at the terraced houses oppoiste with just a slither of sky.

I have been to check she's got up ok, and now must order carelink and then will get to work.

Ali

Good news re the weight loss. Always much welcomed when you get a week of successive losses. I'm trying to remember what one of those feels like TBH!

We have a sea view here. It's nice and the sea and the sky are always slightly different so you never get quite the same view twice :)

And another 1/2lb today!

I love the Norfolk skies - and this part of the coast has a fabulous mix of golden beaches, marshes and mudflats nearer Kings Lynn. Amazing views of wintering birds from the Artic, Scandinavia, Russia and continental Europe.

Onwards and downwards....

Ali

Woo, you're doing so well! A real inspiration. I'm failing..... but I've picked myself up. Thanks for the Paleo info, will be reading the book when I've finished Wheatbelly which is pretty scary! Just finished Escape the Diet Trap too, very similar principles.

All the best for the day!

What is wheatbelly about moosh? I'm thinking carbs but does it imply that carbs give you a belly?

Norfolk is part of East Anglia - top of that bulge of land on the east of southern england.

The sea mist has lifted and beautiful sunshine now.

Just realised that I am below 110kgs ...yea!

Ali

PS - Wheatbelly is a book by a US doc, and outlines how wheat isn't good for people. Google it and you'll find his website.

What is wheatbelly about moosh? I'm thinking carbs but does it imply that carbs give you a belly?

Not so much giving you a belly, more in general the bad effects of wheat and how people aren't really made to digest the newer types of grains. Interesting so far, easy style to read. I hope it's less dry and sciency than Escape the Diet Trap!

Down again .....now 238 - 17 stone. My body seems to have decided it's Ok to release the kgs back to the wild!

Had a lovely walk along the beach and dunes, and now indoors enjoying the last of the evening sunshine.

Ali

Well done Ali. Almost into the 16s! :)

Yea. Thank you, BG. So exciting to be progressing down!

There was a period at 3 months when it all went a little more slowly so I am enjoying the acceleration I'm experiencing now my body is happy to let it go.

I have 2 new bras as the old ones were gaping and way too big even on tightest hooks and straps adjusted. A bit suprised to have been measured at 36 ...down 8 inches, and cup size up from DD or DDD to G!

I only have 2 pairs of trousers - and have learnt why people like jeans ....they don't need washing as often as my other trews do. I still have lots if tops to wear, and some jackets that fit again.

I see you have less than a stone to go BG. It's amazing to think this is in our grasp. We'll need to stay committed and alert to stay at goal when we get there.

Before when I've lost weight, I haven't taken action when I've regained. This time will be different.

Ali

I think most people end up wearing a larger band size than they should be, that then reduces the cup size by 1 size. I'm wearing a 38FFF at the moment but I have a number of 36Fs in my drawer which is the size I was wearing last time I got to goal and the band feels better on those but the cup is miles too small. Spillage.com :). I think I should be in a 36G or even a 34GG but I'm going to keep going with the 36FFFs at the mo which don't fit too badly as I want to be nearer goal before I buy more bras really. I'm going to go to Bravissimo for a fitting when I've lost the extra stone, and then I'm sending off for the reduction info. Really tempted to have it done. Would love to be a C - D cup and 'lifted' as everything is heading south rapidly.

My losses have really slowed up now. I did plan to start stepping up a bit when I got within the last stone and I've started to do that now, but only at weekends really, and that's pretty much what my maintenance regime will be; careful during the week leaving me scope to indulge a bit at weekends. I've been having about 800 - 1000 calories at the weekend (1150 yesterday tho! - damn nuts for having so many calories! ;)) and I know that this will affect my losses somewhat. I'm happy with 2lb per week now and with 13lbs to go that's still only 7 weeks to go in theory although I think it may take me more like 10 - 12 realistically. I'm ok with that though to be honest.

I have 3 pairs of work trousers that fit me now, and 2 pairs of jeans, plus several pairs of lounging around trousers that are really too big now but as no one really sees me wearing those they'll do for the time being. Although I've just pushed the boat out and ordered a pair of £5 joggers from Asda to tide me over for walking the dogs as gravity will hit soon and those trews will be round my ankles on the beach :D.

I love Minimins for the real insights posts like yours, BG, give those of us that are also loosing loads of weight. It's so good to read the experiences and reality of significant shedding.

It's taken me 4 stone to feel any different. I'm enjoying the feeling of wearing my 22 trews. But I don't feel any relief or more energy. Yet if I was carrying around the weight I've lost, I'd feel exhausted and want to leave the case in left luggage!

Your plan of phasing it makes sense to me. You're making a good path towards developing new habits and staying at goal when you get there.

Ali

If I'm honest my plan to start stepping up at weekends is borne out of the difficulty have with staying 100% at weekends. It's a breeze during the week while I'm at work but definitely more of a struggle at weekends now. I used to find it easy at weekends too but I've been doing this for many months now and it's starting to get a little wearing. I'm using MFP to track everything I eat and have set myself a carb limit of 60g per day and that's helping to keep me on track and in ketosis. I went slightly over the carb limit yesterday but I was still in ketosis this am (I was sad and checked :)). I'm not having alcohol though until I take a planned break at Easter.

It took me until I had lost 3 stone before I felt any different. Now at 5 stone lost I almost feel normal (still have a flab on my stomach and thighs though). In a stone or so (might try for BMI 25 if I can stand it :) I hope that some of that will go. Even with just 4lbs off now I can feel a difference in the way clothes are fitting me. When I was a higher weight it took more than that to make a difference but then I suppose proportionally 4lbs when you weigh 173lbs is more than 4lbs when you weigh 244lbs. I walk more confidently too, and it's definitely not so much of a struggle.

It's always a revelation when you relate the amount of weight lost to something real. My dogs' food comes in heavy 15kg sacks. I have lost more than 2 of those so far. I know it's not the same but if I pick up one of those sacks in each hand I can barely lift them, and certainly not for long. Last summer I was wearing that weight, and I never want to go back to that again. MFP will help me hugely when at goal I believe, and will be instrumental in my success in maintenance. I'm having fun just playing around with it for now but I hope that this will help instill the discipline in terms of using it that I will need later. I am positive about maintenance, as I really feel that I can crack it this time. It'll be a lifelong battle no doubt but the health benefits make it worth the effort, not to mention the way being lighter makes me feel.

Wow What a great read your diary is! I am in the early stages of Exante. Im reaching the stage where I get scared and sabotage myself (I always do that). I am scared of losing weight, scared of not losing the weight, scared I wont make it through the day. Its starting - this niggle of doubt and fear.

Reading your diary has helped a little. You are doing so well and you don't allow your head to sabotage your efforts. Well done. I will learn from you and trudge on. Its so important to reach goal - to avoid loads of health issues.

Thanks for the tips - I'm off to buy trousers in lower sizes and Ive just thrown out the larger ones.

Belle

Glad it is helpful, Bellerine. I really appreciated the support of those who have gone before me and thank Minimims for this forum.

wOOHOOOO! Into the 16s. 16 stone 12.5lbs.

20% plus of bodyweight lost.

Really pleased as I had a few hungry days this week - something that hasn't been my experience and so I had extra sachets and a few diet drinks to divert myself.

60.5lbs lost in 13 weeks.

The size 20s do up just..... I can't imagine why I bought skinny jeans - they are a lovely greeny turquoise and there weren't any size 20 boot cuts. I wouldn't wear them in public as seriously skin tight and am not sure I could sit down especially with the low waist band (new style for me) ...... but give it a week or too!

I am happy to be nearly half way in shedding. I find myself looking at my legs which seems long and stylish. Funny as I'm still size 22 into 20 - a size that would be driving others into despair! I am pleased with my flattening tummy, and glad to have bought the 2 new bras so the shirts I'm wearing fit well. I'm a bit below the weight I was when I met my Dearest Husband. He's been an amazing support - very kind and caring, even when I've been emotional as old hormones resurfaced and are released with the weight.

If you have just started or are thinking of doing a vlcd, then it works. You have to be committed to being as vigilant post the weight loss to stay at goal. I started this as a last resort, and I can tell you if you do what you are told to do, it works.

BG: you are so right ...I have shed nearly two 15kg bags of dogfood. It's not only the weight but the volume. We're just switching to Waggers as its low fat enough for the small blond who was ill in January. I've had to wait so we make space for one bag. And I've been walking around with 2 of those upholstering me. And I have another 2 to go. How did I let this happen to me? Why didn't I call a halt and/or follow through on the weight loss regimes of the past?

Ali

Back