1239km. 1 bike. Me. 3 Months!!!

sarah_lou1981

Back again!!
Hi all

Am posting this thread to help myself and to stop myself from backing out of a challenge I've been set by a friend.

Having not done any exercise in years I've bought myself an exercise bike. I was talking to a friend who lives in Scotland and telling her I need some kind of motivation to get on it so she decided to set me a challenge.

From where I live in West Yorkshire it's a 1239km round trip to her house in Inverness. So by the 1st December I'm aiming to cycle the equivalent of this journey at home.
When I first wrote it down it didn't seem so bad - until I realised it's 13km a day, every day. And I work ridiculous shifts where I often do seven ten hour shifts in a row. And I haven't been on an exercise bike in years.

I started yesterday and managed to cycle 20k - don't ask me how!! I stuck the tv on (The Biggest Loser Australia for motivation!) and went for it. I'm not gonna be able to do 13k a day so on the days when I can I'm going to do as much as possible.

So this is my challenge diary. Every time I cycle - even if it's only 1km - I'll post up here.

Wish me luck!!!

1239km

01/09/12 - 20km = 1219km to go

good luck with this! sounds like a great challenge

Thanks. Am just about to embark on day two's attempt. Hoping to get another 20 at least :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

how far is 20km?

Its 12.4 miles. Im typing as I pedal and its FAR harder today. Thighs and bum are killing ;)

Thankyou. I actually managed to do 26k tonight. Took me exactly an hour and I got rid of 603 calories!!!! :)

That's a great challenge! Good luck!

Thankyou :)

So today's update:

1239km
02/09/12 - 26km = 1193km to go

sarah_lou1981 said:
Thankyou. I actually managed to do 26k tonight. Took me exactly an hour and I got rid of 603 calories!!!! :)

Well done..have to mark it off the map ;0)

Thats what OH said!! Maybe I should print one out on route planner :)

Good idea..would love to hear where you are along the way so to speak :0)

Will try to remember to print it out on route planner tonight at work :)

1239km
02/09/12 - 26km = 1193km to go
04/09/12 - 14km = 1179km to go

Last edited:
This is such a great idea! I may even set myself a similar challenge :) good luck, i will keep on eye on how you are getting on :)

Back