15 Stone To Lose - Help And Encouragement Gratefully Recieved!

Hello all!

I just wanted to drop in and leave a quick note letting you all know that I am currently dragging myself back on plan! Things have been so hectic with starting this new job that to be honest I have completely gone off plan and not bothered with it at all. I didn't go to class last week but fully intend to go tomorrow and see what's happened. I am presuming I will have a gain, I haven't been too majorly bad, but we are allowed to eat at our desks while we work which is the worst thing imaginable for me as I am sure you will all be able to relate to! So I have pretty much been grazing and not grazing on free foods by a long shot!

I'm going to try and get on plan as best I can and have only brought fruit with me today for grazing (as well as my sandwiches for lunch) however I did stop off for a bacon and sausage sandwich this morning at a local sandwich shop :(
But tomorrow is a new day and I intend to pretty much only eat fruit tomorrow to minimise the damage for WI in the evening.
As far as exercise goes I haven't really done much, other than walking up hill to the train station, up and down stairs under the subway bit and then walking down from the station to work at the other end, which isn't too bad, but the efforts I was making before starting this job have completely stopped.
I'm not going to promise that I will get back to that, but I am going to try which I think is important and a good step in the right direction!

So here's to a better week this week and next!
Take care all,
xXx

Hi Emma,

Welcome back. Tomorrow is a new day so don't worry too much about the last week or so, just get back on plan from tomorrow!

I hope you are enjoying your new job.

Speak to you soon.

xxxx

Hey Emma. are you enjoying the new job?

good luck with wi. at least you'll know whee you are at and be able to move on and get back to it :)

xxx

Well whats done is done, at least your back on plan now thats the main thing. Hope the new job is going well.

Good luck for tomorrow and welcome back :D x

Thanks very much everyone for the messages :) I am pleased to tell you all that I am having a 100% day today so far! :D I've brought in loads of fruit with me to graze on in work today and had ONE sandwich and a mug shot for my lunch! I've also got a little memo pad on my desk which I am writing in everytime something goes in my mouth!!!

I spoke to my consultant (also a family friend) and she has told me to allow myself 2 syns per drink I have out of the vending machine here as we have a free coffee machine which also does things like soup/hot chocolate etc and I am rather fond of the "Chocomilk" one! So so far today I am up to 12 syns and have an allowance of 20 per day :)

2 syns for sugar in a coffee I had this morning
2 syns for chocomilk
4 syns for a pack of "velvet crunch"
2 syns for chocomilk
1 syn for clover light in sandwich
1 syn for cheesy mug shot

and thats it so far! I've been trying to drink more water rather than heading to the coffee machine when I want a drink & save my chocomilks for when I'm cold or really fancy one!
It's so hard with it being free, everyone is constantly getting drinks for the team and I'd love to have them but I need to remember that although they are free, they are not syn free!

I am quite nervous about WI tonight as I'm pretty much 100% sure I will have gained, I'm just worried now about how much because it's going to set me back :( Hopefully not back to square one but we shall see tonight...

xXx

Yay you Emma!!

Best of luck for tonight, at least next week will be a minus!!!

xx

Well done for a good day :) hope WI went ok x

Thanks very much everyone for the messages :) I am pleased to tell you all that I am having a 100% day today so far! :D I've brought in loads of fruit with me to graze on in work today and had ONE sandwich and a mug shot for my lunch! I've also got a little memo pad on my desk which I am writing in everytime something goes in my mouth!!!

I spoke to my consultant (also a family friend) and she has told me to allow myself 2 syns per drink I have out of the vending machine here as we have a free coffee machine which also does things like soup/hot chocolate etc and I am rather fond of the "Chocomilk" one! So so far today I am up to 12 syns and have an allowance of 20 per day :)

2 syns for sugar in a coffee I had this morning
2 syns for chocomilk
4 syns for a pack of "velvet crunch"
2 syns for chocomilk
1 syn for clover light in sandwich
1 syn for cheesy mug shot

and thats it so far! I've been trying to drink more water rather than heading to the coffee machine when I want a drink & save my chocomilks for when I'm cold or really fancy one!
It's so hard with it being free, everyone is constantly getting drinks for the team and I'd love to have them but I need to remember that although they are free, they are not syn free!

I am quite nervous about WI tonight as I'm pretty much 100% sure I will have gained, I'm just worried now about how much because it's going to set me back :( Hopefully not back to square one but we shall see tonight...

xXx

How did your wi go? xx

Hello everybody!

I'm still on plan thankfully and feel that I have done quite well this week. I could have been better, especially at the weekend, but all in all I haven't been naughty!

WI tonight and I am positive that I will have lost at least a small amount, but I will just have to wait and see what the scales say :)

I hope everyone is keeping well!
I'm loving my new job :D Really enjoying it!

Take care
xXx

Morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on much recently, I've been knackered from work a lot and just been a bit lazy to be honest with keeping you all updated!

So I'm now on plan mostly, not 100% but I'm doing a lot better than I have been. Last WI I lost 2.5lb which was excellent, but not enough to even out the 4.5lb gain from the week before... :(

I am going to reset my ticker later when I've looked in my book to see what my current weight is and go from there :)

I hope everyone is keeping well!
Take care
xXx

Glad you are enjoying the new job, and you maybe have not lost the little you gained but the last thing you had on the scales was a loss and going in the right direction, have a nice week.

Hi Emma,

Did you manage to get to class this week?
How did you do if you did?

xxx

Keep at it :) u are a star! Cx

hey just found this thread and thought i would say hi :eek::eek::eek:

hope your doing ok and things are going well :D

i have currently stalled, head struggling with all the changes but i will get there. have been doing it alone so far but have decided now to join a class, something i really couldn't have done 6 months ago

keep doing at it honey, like me its probably going to be a long journey but we will get there

you are at least tackling the issue far earlier than i did xxx

looking forward to sharing this journey with you xxxxx

Hope ur ok x

How's it going hun? :) x

Hi Emma,

I understand where you are coming from, I used to think I'm vegetarian, how am I nearly 23st. And in many ways now I still eat the same things, the difference is in how I cook them. I should take out shares in frylight lol.

The key for me getting on top of things was never missing a weigh in no matter what the scales said, staying to image therapy and using my syns. You should enjoy the food you are eating, this is a great diet. I don't really like fatty foods anymore and I really think my tastes have changed (fudge still tastes good to me though lol).

I didn't make these changes until I was 30 with 4 children and I wish I'd done it sooner, my 20's slipped away and I wish I'd been slim for my 20's lol. But it's done now, I hope to spend my 30's slim. Grab your chance now and you will love it. Each stone at a time is a great idea, try not to panic too much about the bigger picture, the stones soon add up.

Good luck.x

Back