160lbs + to loose- can I join the Century Club?

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
Hi All

I have returned from Lurkdom to rejoin the slimming masses and am going to be starting Exante as soon as my parcel arrives.

With so much to loose, I'm going to need all the inspiration I can get and your stories are phenomenal. So please, pretty, pretty please, can I join your club? :angeldevil:

Joolz
xxxxx

Hi Joolz,

I see nobody's replied to your intro, but then nobody's replied to mine either - so I thought if I replied to you we would both be happy!

I'm guessing Exante is a meal-replacement shake thing, but it's not one I have heard of. I'm also guessing you have used it before? I am just doing healthy eating and exercise, I'm down nearly a stone and a half since New Year, with a mere nine and a half stone to go.

Let's support one another in the quest for better health and quality of life.

Barbara

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the reason I picked up on your post is because I am originally from Cardiff.

BarbaraG

Hi joolz and welcome, this part of the board tends to move a little slower, probably because there are fewr of us.

Hi Joolz, I have 12 stone to loose and am also doing Exante. We could be buddies!

I started today, and am really excited to have got going!

I'm peckish this evening, but am enjoying being hungry as it means I am on my way!

How have you got on in your first few days?

Hi all - thanks for the replies.

Day one today, feeling fine, although very thirsty. Taking it one day at a time and trying not the stress over it too much!

Miss_malone - how's day two going? Ho are you finding the packs? I have only had one so far - the strawberry. Found it very bland, but bland is better than revolting!!

Thanks for the welcome Jim :eek:

Barbara - well done on your weightloss! Exante is a meal-replacement diet, which is a bit extreme, but I need to take food out of the equation completely for a while and drop some weight quickly. The plan is to loose enough so that moving around is easier for me and then switch over to a Slimming World type plan and exercise.

Onwards and downwards people!! :D

Joolz - believe me I appreciate the difficulty that being very big presents to mobility. One of the motivating factors that got me going was pain in my knees, ankles and hips. It leads to even greater immobility, which just makes the problem worse.

I was fortunate in that I was able to walk and also use the machines at the gym, e.g. Exercise bike, cross trainer, stepper, rowing machine. I also have no shame and was prepared to be seen in jogging bottoms in a public place. I must say that the first few weeks were tough, as my exercise tolerance was very limited, and on some machines, e.g. Exercise bike and rower, my big belly was a real obstacle - it literally got in the way. However, I told myself that doing something was better than doing nothing, and I knew from past experience that new exercisers gain fitness really quickly.

Two months on I feel a million times better, and of course the weight loss ( which comes mostly from the changes to eating) makes it easier week by week. Physically, I feel fantastic - I have muscles which are getting stronger and leaner, and a heart and lungs which are getting fitter. What's not to like?

Good luck with your regime, and your transition back to food when you're ready for it.

Barbara

Morning Joolz, rather you than me, I found all the packs revolting :(

how's it going?

I also have no shame and was prepared to be seen in jogging bottoms in a public place.

Barbara - this just made me laugh so much! Thank you for the giggle.

I've often chastised myself about my worrying over been seen in joggers - do I really think that people can't see my fat in regular clothes???? LOL!

Your post is so inspiring I might have to dig out my joggers and just go for it. I might not be able to run on the machines, but I could certainly sit on an exercise bike and something is better than nothing right?

Morning Joolz, rather you than me, I found all the packs revolting :(

how's it going?

Afternoon Jim ;)

It's going pretty good. I have a very vague headache, but apart from that I'm well. Have discovered that I hate the chocolate shake, but the other three are ok. Haven't bought any porridge or soups yet, but will try them soon. I'm trying to put myself into the mindset that the packs are 'fuel' not 'food' so it doesn't matter what it tastes like, it's just for a specific purpose, not enjoyment. Kind of like the pink penicillin they tried to convince me was strawberry flavoured when I was a kid!! :D

I might not be able to run on the machines, but I could certainly sit on an exercise bike and something is better than nothing right?

Something is definitely better than nothing. Be aware that being on a VLCD is not conducive to doing a hard workout - you may very well not have the energy. If walking is all you can manage, do that. If you get on the exercise bike and find 5 or 10 minutes is as much as you can do, then stop there. The important thing is to do something, and do it regularly.

Don't worry about the Olympics just yet - there's always 2016!

Barbara

My god yes, that pink penicillin with the horrid after taste. LOL.

I'm still so pleased I found Atkins, even 10 years on it gives me a thrill to think I'm skinny Joolz. :D

Back