1lb a week challenge

Hi @kazz43 ..just spotted your post:) of course you can join us..and well done at this week's loss.

@DinoDana yay, for your -2lb this week, it's well deserved:)
I measure bust, under bust (this is always the first place I lose from) waist, hips, upper thigh (last place on my legs to go) thigh and calf. There's a few on here that measure upper arms that I hadn't thought of doing but once I start doing a workout for them I will be.

@Wheekers ..also just spotted your SW awards and well jeal! I've not long joined SW and will be over the moon to get my 1/2 award:) X

Hi @kazz43 ..just spotted your post:) of course you can join us..and well done at this week's loss.

@DinoDana yay, for your -2lb this week, it's well deserved:)
I measure bust, under bust (this is always the first place I lose from) waist, hips, upper thigh (last place on my legs to go) thigh and calf. There's a few on here that measure upper arms that I hadn't thought of doing but once I start doing a workout for them I will be.

@Wheekers ..also just spotted your SW awards and well jeal! I've not long joined SW and will be over the moon to get my 1/2 award:) X

Thanks Tibbs!!

Hi All,

Weighed in yesterday and have lost 3.5lbs! Really pleased as I made a big effort with speed foods this week. I've lost 10lbs in total over 6 weeks. Hoping to keep up the good work with another loss next week so will concentrate on speed foods again.

Denise :)

Wowza Denise, that's fantastic..amazing the difference speed makes..well done, you must be so chuffed X

STS this week, but happy with that as it's been so stressful my hand has been in the chocolate & SW has been out of the window. Back on it now though and determined to log a loss next week:)

Wowza Denise, that's fantastic..amazing the difference speed makes..well done, you must be so chuffed X

STS this week, but happy with that as it's been so stressful my hand has been in the chocolate & SW has been out of the window. Back on it now though and determined to log a loss next week:)
Thanks Tibbs. I was surprised by how much I lost. I've had a couple of sts weeks too- I cheered myself up by reminding myself it could have been worse. Good luck for your coming week. Here's hoping for losses all around. :)

I think I need to start making more soups for lunch time to stop me wanting to snack!

I've just been looking at a 'speed soup' recipe. Think I might have a go at it this week - especially as it can be frozen too. It's supposed to be good for a weight loss boost because it's packed with superfree vegetables. :)

Tastefully Vikki on YouTube has some great soup recipes, and although she uses a soup maker (as do I) they can just as easily be made on the hob or in a pressure cooker or slow cooker

On the first of Kay's challenges that I did I replaced one meal every day with soup made of mainly speed and the Lbs dropped off. I've found that unless I have some protein at every meal I'm starving by the next meal time, so nearly always add lentils. Here's my fave soup at the minute:
Carrots, BNS, onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup red lentils, tin tomatoes, 1/2tsp mustard powder, 1/2tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp cayenne (more if you like spice) 1/2tsp herbes de Provence (bay leaf or mixed herbs would do) sometimes I put in 1tsp garlic granules. I also sometimes put a sweet potato in. Fill up to first line of Soup maker with water & cook on chunky (28mins) remove bay leaf if using and pulse a couple of times. Filling, freezes and makes enough for 3 big bowls.

I managed a lb this week, but it went on instead of off... oh well

(well actually it was a lb on when I weighed first thing and then after work I'd lost it again but as I have a difficult week this week I'd rather stick with the lb on and hopefully that may help me go for a maintain rather than a gain this week - fingers crossed)

I've just seen you've temptation at every turn next week..good luck, though as you say if you keep your syns low on the build up I'm sure you'll be ok X

Back