1st home WI on maintenance...YEA!!!

SUPASLIMMA

SUPASLIMMA
:woohoo: Weighed myself this morning for the 1st time since I began my LT journey. I know my scales are exactly the same as the Chemist's ones 'cos I compared them at my very 1st WI, some 12 weeks ago....:scale: I am a half a pound UNDER 11 stone.......(naked, after my wee...:eek:) T.M.I....but I'm excited!!!! Counting calories now, and I will be checking every 2 days to make sure I stay the same....So all you Newbies out there, PLEASE don't give up if times are hard, work through them and keep chugging down the water.....you WILL reach your goal.:soapbox:

brilliant, brilliant brilliant! really well done. i love most weigh ins, but the ones when you break into another stone bracket are maybe the bestest :):)

well done :)

but - i dont think you should be checking everyday 2 days :eek: thats a bit extreme - check once a week for now and then once you are comfortable with eating healthy, know portion sizes and cals etc then maybe only weigh once every 2 weeks.

You dont want to become obsess with weighing yourself and weight fluctuates all the time so pick a day, a time and weigh yourself same day, same time once a week :D

Well done Sharon, sounds as though you have this maintenance thing licked! So pleased you broke into the 10stones. That's fantastic.

Keep going like this cos you're doing great!

Thanks, Summergurl, I hope I won't become obsessed, but I really don't want to lose any more weight, either, as my size 14 linen trousers are looking baggy around the bum already!

Hi Sharon, congratulations, glad the re-feed went well and on to maintenance, well done. 3 stone in 10 weeks makes me very hopeful. Thanks
Doirin

Hey Sharon :wavey:

Congrats for getting into the 10's :winner: naked and all ;) :giggle:

Its soo good to hear (or should that be read??) what life is like "after LT". Im a lil scared about how im going to get on during refeed/ maintenance :17729: but ive got a while to think that though so i'll definately be reading up on how everyone is getting on while i :drool: over what u all are eating :p

Hope this isnt a stupid question but does food taste very different now after LT??

Keep up the good work :happy096::talk017:

:bestwishes:
Lei xxx

Hi Leinya, actually it really does. The flavours of a salad with balsamic vinegar is SOOOOO intense. I really do seem to be savouring food a lot more...I used to eat so fast it's a wonder I could taste anything at all. I even left some potatoes on my plate the other night....THAT was unheard of before LT. I think we all get a little scared of eating real food after the very strict regime of LT, THAT, in my mind was the easy part and now, in maintenance, is the big, wide world of food and all the pitfalls that hopefully we will avoid, now that we have worked so hard to achieve slimness!!! Try not to worry too much, its utter bliss!

Wow well done :happy096:

I agree with weighing yourself only once a week on the same day and at the same time. I know it may be too tempting but we are at risk of becoming obsessive with weighing ourselves, just to check we haven't put weight on, after working so hard while on LT ;)

Thanks alot Sharon, thats deff helped me feel less worried, as i also used to scoff food as fast as possible without actually tasting it :eek: :cry:

I didnt think about LT being the easy part more of a challange untill now to be honest :copon: but im now thinking: "bloomin eck! Im already 6 weeks into it and its not been the end of the world, far from it!!"

So yes, the not-so-easy part will come, but the incentive for sticking to a healthy diet afterwards will be the new you that has emerged from LT :D :woohoo:

**I must rememind myself to remember this in a few months!!**

Ive promised my mate that when i get to target weight i will do the :banana dancer: perhaps not naked tho!!! :giggle:

Thanks for your advice, and im looking forward to finally having a healthy relationship with food!

:bestwishes:
Lei xxx

I know my scales are exactly the same as the Chemist's ones 'cos I compared them at my very 1st WI, some 12 weeks ago....:scale: I am a half a pound UNDER 11 stone.......(naked, after my wee...:eek:)

And how did the chemist feel about that :eek::eek: ;) :p

Seriously though - Well done you. I'm really pleased for you! xx

Thanks, Summergurl, I hope I won't become obsessed, but I really don't want to lose any more weight, either, as my size 14 linen trousers are looking baggy around the bum already!

Show off!!!! :D

Sizes really get to me though! I am now about 10st 11 or 12lbs (well was 10st 12.6 on tues ... ?) I'm 5'6" and although 16 trousers are now a tad loose 14s are still way too tight!!! :sigh::sigh::sigh: :cry:

(I'm not jealous though :jelous: .... honest ...;):p)

Back