1st Time slimfaster

mmms336

Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm on my second day on Slimfast. My aim is to stick to it 100% but make sure I use all available calories and snacks. I had a ready meal last night and weighed out veg till it came to 600 cals all together. I usually cook fresh, but am at my heaviest weight ever and think I need to try something that takes control of me. I think I'll stick to ready meals and calorie counted snacks? does anyone else follow the plan this way? I've found it really inspirational reading all your stories so far... keep up the good work everyone!!:wavey:

hi emma i do it the wy you do i am losing weight nice and slowly i really enjoy the shakes good luck

linda

i started @ 13stone 9 emma

Can I drink tea and coffee freely if I take it with skimmed milk no sugar. Or should I count the cals in the milk?? I'm missing the caffine from the tea... help!

i started @ 13stone 9 emma
Still leaning how to navigate this forum. I tried to post well done earlier, but lost it somewhere. I read some of your diary, very helpful thanks Peanut. xx

i always have a coulpe and dont count... But maybe thats where i go wrong?!

haha! maybe! i'm feeling motivated just now cos i'm new. Really hoping to try and do it 100% but i know me to well....How are you getting on with your goals?

Can I drink tea and coffee freely if I take it with skimmed milk no sugar. Or should I count the cals in the milk?? I'm missing the caffine from the tea... help!

I've just posted on another thread that Slimfast is basically still calorie-counting so I think you can use your 600-800 calories which aren't shakes/bars how you want as long as you think about nutrition. You could swop one of your 100 cal snacks for the milk. I also think that thinking of your non-Slimfast calories as a "calorie bank" you can make small withdrawals when you nibble/snack in stead of not counting the odd crisp/biscuit/half dozen chips nicked off your boyfriend's plate. This is an alternative approach that I use some days when I feel the need to graze throughout the day and know that I won't last until supper. Good luck x

i still count for my tea and coffies 8 cups with semi-skimmed is 64 cals i am on week 7 now mmms seems a long time but goes quick and i am enjoying the shakes a lot besides i still have 3 tubs left so will continue till all gone but if i need to stay on it i will get some more

Hi, Thanks Judith, That makes a lot of sense. I'm trying to space out my 6 eating times so I last till dinner, then until bedtime. Have gone to bed starving both nights, but hoping this will change as my body gets used to smaller amounts of food... Have swopped the slimfast snacks for any 100cal snack, but think I'm going to research what will leave me fuller for longer. I was thinking maybe something more protien based? is anybody already doing it this way?

have you tried the ne specialk fibre bars omg they are lovely 111 cals but worth it

I'm on my second week - I lost 3lbs last week (was 12 stone) so that was a good result. I tend not to count milk in tea but then I generally don't have more than 2 cups a day.

I found that I could last until an early lunch with just a shake then save my 100 calories until the afternoon to help me last to dinner. I also tried to each veg (pepper or carrot) with hummous or guacamole which seemed to fill me up more than a snack bar. My problem with snack bars is the sugar/chocolate just makes me want more!

Good luck

Have swopped the slimfast snacks for any 100cal snack, but think I'm going to research what will leave me fuller for longer. I was thinking maybe something more protien based? is anybody already doing it this way?

There is some science to suggest that if we puree food with water/stock it leaves us feeling fuller longer. So homemade veggie soup could be a good late night snack. Protein tends to be high in calories so you may not get much of a bang for your 100 cal bucks.

I also tried to each veg (pepper or carrot) with hummous or guacamole which seemed to fill me up more than a snack bar. My problem with snack bars is the sugar/chocolate just makes me want more!
Good luck

Be careful both hummous and guacamole can be surprisingly high in calories so I would measure out a portion rather than just dipping in the pot (this is why I don't buy even the so-called low fat ones even tho I love it.) I've bought some smoked makerel fillets from Tescos and frozen each small fillet separately. Then when I fancy a dip I can mush one up with some very low fat cream cheese and a squidge of horseradish. Yummy and excellent brain food. Oh yes and if I need a big chocolate hit I drink an Options Chocolate drink with a curly wurly. Believe me, its enough to keep you going for hours!

Be careful both hummous and guacamole can be surprisingly high in calories so I would measure out a portion rather than just dipping in the pot (this is why I don't buy even the so-called low fat ones even tho I love it.)

Yes, I do measure out a tablespoon of it very carefully! Like the mackerel idea - will have to try that.

I find that personally I can manage to just have a small portion but I can't do that with chocolate or biscuits etc.

Clairol - I'll withdraw the smoked mackerel suggestion. I double checked the cals and even a small portion has a lot of cals cos mackerel is very oily. I don't want to use 200cals just for a sandwich filling. But nice for a treat. x

I looked in the mirror this morning and the cellulity look seems to have gone from my stomach. It alway a first sign for me that i'm gaining/losing weight, (still all over the rest of me though!) so hopefully on the right track... 1st WI on Sunday!

Back