2 stone loss in 5 weeks is this not a little excessive??

mumof4girls

I know that this might seem odd, posting about losing lots of weight but I have just done my 5 week weigh in and have managed to lose 2 stone in 5 weeks :) My OH is feeling that this is too much too fast and although I have stuck with the diet religiously and included 1hr of walking each day and lots of water he is still anxious about how much I have lost (and me too to a much lesser extent). I am 5ft 9in, started out at 18 stone 6lb and I'm aiming to be 12stone (healthy BMI for my height). In addition, I have an under active thyroid which has previously meant that I have struggled to keep weight off :confused: I take 150mcg thyroxine daily. I have had a few stressful weeks at work so this may have contributed to my losses. I'm just wondering if these kind of losses have happened for others in the first few weeks? I'd just like to add that I have been feeling great on the diet, having 2 sachets, 1 bar, 200g allowed veg and a protein option every day.

My weekly losses are in my signature below.

Thanks, Jacqui x

The weight always drops off more quickly in the first month so I wouldn't worry to be honest. There are people on here who lose a whole stone or more in the first week, and lots of people lose a stone in the first 2 weeks. So take weeks 1 and 2 out of the equation and start looking at your weight loss stats from there on. I can see that your losses have been pretty consistently around 5 lbs but as your BMI drops they will probably start to tail off a bit. You started with a reasonable amount to lose and this always helps with the losses. The point is that if you are following the diet properly and feel fine then I wouldn't worry. It's highly motivating to lose so quickly. Believe me, when you have smaller losses and have stuck 100% it's frustrating!

You are quite tall so you could probably include an extra pack if you wanted to but you don't need to. And as you're on medication I assume that you got the diet OKed by a doctor or someone before you started?

You're doing great. Don't let people derail you. Most of us came here because we weren't able to stick to more traditional diets and needed decent losses to make inroads into the amounts we had to lose. 6 stone later (I'm maintaining now) I have no regrets whatsoever.

I lost 18 lbs in my first 5 weeks, however I had already lost the bulk of the water weight because I was dieting beforehand so I didn't have a big first week loss. This was (18/197 x 100) 9.14% of my starting weight. You have lost (28/258 x 100) 10.85% which seems along the same lines especially considering I was already dieting (if I add an extra 3 lbs loss to account for water weight in the first week I would have lost 10.65%).
Well done on a very successful 5 weeks!

Wow - that does seem a lot, but I'd agree that it comes off quickly at the start. I've done LL before and remember it being FAST! This time on S&S, I'm on day 4 and have lost 4lbs already - again, I reckon it's water, though!

Keep going! x

That is a good start but I wouldn't worry about it if you feel well

It really depends on how much you have to lose, and how much fluid you carry. I have a friend who does another VLCD and lost 2.5 stone in her first month, but she carries so much water so she lost this straight away and felt so much better. Now however she is just losing the usual 14lb's or so a month, so it will slow down.

I did my first stone in 2 weeks. Not expecting I'll be at the end of stone 2 at 5 weeks though but don't think I'll be too far off if I keep losing it at this rate (actually, thinking about it, I've only got 8.5lb to go to that, and 2 weeks of weigh ins so perhaps I might!). I would be absolutely delighted if I did. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you feel fine, then it's fine. If you're in doubt then get a check over with your nurse to put your mind at rest.

I know that this might seem odd, posting about losing lots of weight but I have just done my 5 week weigh in and have managed to lose 2 stone in 5 weeks :) My OH is feeling that this is too much too fast and although I have stuck with the diet religiously and included 1hr of walking each day and lots of water he is still anxious about how much I have lost (and me too to a much lesser extent). I am 5ft 9in, started out at 18 stone 6lb and I'm aiming to be 12stone (healthy BMI for my height). In addition, I have an under active thyroid which has previously meant that I have struggled to keep weight off :confused: I take 150mcg thyroxine daily. I have had a few stressful weeks at work so this may have contributed to my losses. I'm just wondering if these kind of losses have happened for others in the first few weeks? I'd just like to add that I have been feeling great on the diet, having 2 sachets, 1 bar, 200g allowed veg and a protein option every day.

My weekly losses are in my signature below.

Thanks, Jacqui x

I lost 2 stone in 3 weeks and am here to tell the tale lol

Back