2 STONE TO BMI - I CAN DO THIS!!!

hi dear, yes I am thanks - other issues; took a break from packing and took advantage of my time off to see different doctors - been putting it off for ages - only to have scary news, my hormones seem to be out of whack; either that or some other pathological issue - quoting my doctor - that may need to be investigated further; don't wanna go into details but sure making me dread tomorrows examination...don't know why I'm writing this here, but it's top of my mind...well the diet is going on fine; I'm one of those who goes off food entirely when under stress (thank goodness it's not the other comfort food syndrome, as I would defo be stuffing my face by now) so I had to force down my 3rd shake at almost 8pm. Not so much water, but I'm good. Just worried.

NB - the blues didn't last much longer than a few hours after ranting about them - this is a totally unrelated post, lol.

So, I'm here on weigh in day and I think it's time to finally celebrate and start the countdown! Scale says 87.8!!! second take, 87.9, 3rd take 87.6 and final take coz obviously I still couldn't believe my eyes - 87.7; so I'm going with the first trial - 87.8 and aren't I a superstar!!!:cool:

The journey officially begins!!!:thankyouthankyou::bestwishes::wee::stickdance:

Gonna download and paste me a ticker - and going to the spa to celebrate as promised. It's the little things that count, life is too short and let's celebrate ourselves when we can :)

Another week - hectic and back to work - while house moving is also in full sway. I'm practically at my wits end, lol. But I still find a few minutes here and there to catch up on stuff. I'm now in a routine of Chocolate mint/Chicken Soup/Chocolate mint or bar/Pasta. It seems to be working well that way. And the occasional maple porridge when Chocolate mint doesn't quite cut it. Nice to finally be in the 80's and let's see how far we can drive this down. It's been long coming; I'm exactly back where I was 4 years ago; and this time I want to see if target weight is feasible. I'm inspired by myself at the moment, I really am lol :D

Meanwhile - just to document that I'm not recognizing the person in the mirror these days; I no longer have a lot of the loose skin issues that happened the first time around; I think maintaining over 90% of the initial weight loss over that period of time - 4 years - has really paid its dividends. I can't wait to start reverse dieting myself out of cambridge vlcd 800 calories and have already started researching portion sizes and calories. I even have portion control containers lined up. This time the weight needs to stay off for good!!!

It's funny seeing people complimenting me these days forgetting it's exactly how I looked not too long before, but most importantly it's a serious wake up call for me seeing how different 10kg can be on my frame. I've been in denial for a while not really appreciating how much weight I actually put on; and I see this is mostly because when you're used to loosing significant amounts of weight over a short period of time as is the case on vlcd's, it's very easy to not take the little changes in weight seriously. The amount of time it's taken me to lose even 1kg in the past few weeks vis a vis the dramatic change in appearance from these 'minor weight changes' is very interesting and is going down in my research journal actually - if I eventually have one hahaha...interesting times, and all in good time...:)

Very happy for you! Nothing like a health scare to put things into perspective. Gosh, I so wish I was in the 80s too.So jealous! but sincerely, bravo - it's hardworking,that I know

The forums have gotten sooo quiet, I wonder where everyone's hiding

Very happy for you! Nothing like a health scare to put things into perspective. Gosh, I so wish I was in the 80s too.So jealous! but sincerely, bravo - it's hardworking,that I know

The forums have gotten sooo quiet, I wonder where everyone's hiding

Yeyyy!!! I've read your diary!!! You're actually one of my inspirations on here - you and that cute DP of yours, hahaha, thanks for stopping by!!! :D

I look forward to someone saying those words to me!:rolleyes:
Well done:0clapper:

Me too! Goodness me, I told my mom I wanted to lose another 10kg when the truth is 20kg. First because she doesn't know how much I REALLY weigh and second because 20kg will just freak her out! She's always said we're big-boned, but it's actually not true I just found out :eek:

Me too! Goodness me, I told my mom I wanted to lose another 10kg when the truth is 20kg. First because she doesn't know how much I REALLY weigh and second because 20kg will just freak her out! She's always said we're big-boned, but it's actually not true I just found out :eek:
Thank you, you really made me smile with the mom comment; story of my life!!! :rolleyes:. You know, when you've been big from childhood - you know, that chubby kid :rolleyes: - it's kind of like an identity you're known with and any attempt to slim down is just as bad as a sex-change in some people's opinion, that's an extreme example but the only one I can think of to illustrate the point, lol. Infact if I complain of a tooth ache, a headache or as much as stub my toe you can believe my mom will have her 'aha' moment right there and say 'It's because you're losing too much weight!o_O' :p:D

Still on the plan - still enjoying the 80's - but not happy with that scale that's refusing to recognize all the hard work I've put in this week. And I've been good!!! :innocent002: honest!!!

Ok, not so good ... :D ... but nothing extreme, just freelancing between 1,200 and 1,000 calories at will:oops:...what, I've been under house moving stress, haven't Io_O...which has finally been concluded, yippee!!!! Yeah, we moved in Friday and concluded all the to and fro's from the old place by Saturday evening and boyyyy, does my whole body ache!!! My fitbit steps were off the hook with all the climbing stairs and walking - and I really feel I deserved all the chicken and fish I consumed to make up for all that ... :p

Was really hoping to see an 85 on weigh in day but scale is still stuck at 87 - 88 and I'm not a happy camper at the moment, however still happy to be in the 80's so let's keep driving those numbers downwards!:D

Back