2 Stone to lose on Diet Chef - Food Diary

Islington82, I can't miss breakfast, full stop! Tomorrow I have an early start to get to the airport so will probably take one of the soft cookie breakfast bars with me to have there with a cuppa.

topcat7000 said:
Islington82, I can't miss breakfast, full stop! Tomorrow I have an early start to get to the airport so will probably take one of the soft cookie breakfast bars with me to have there with a cuppa.

Breakfast sets u up for the day.

I'll be posting my diary later looks like I've eaten so much lol

i know - i never want to miss breakfast - but sometimes there literally isn't time!! it's very rarely that it happens.

In other news ... i lost another 1.5 lbs!! very happy with the way it's going and the results i'm getting.

I feel like I have more energy and my mood seems better. it wasn't like I was eating so badly before, but the choices I'm making now are simply better and my fruit and veg portions have doubled and my alcohol consumption has gone down.

Today
Breakfast - Luxury muesli + milk
Lunch - tuna salad ciabatta (loads of salad and extra light mayo in the tuna)
Dinner - pork meatballs + braised veg (peas, broccoli and leeks)
Snack - satsuma + popcorn

how are you all feeling? :)

islington82 said:
i know - i never want to miss breakfast - but sometimes there literally isn't time!! it's very rarely that it happens.

In other news ... i lost another 1.5 lbs!! very happy with the way it's going and the results i'm getting.

I feel like I have more energy and my mood seems better. it wasn't like I was eating so badly before, but the choices I'm making now are simply better and my fruit and veg portions have doubled and my alcohol consumption has gone

how are you all feeling? :)

My fruit intake has also increased, and my alcohol intake had decreased, which can only be good. I am finding today hard tbh, but that is mostly because I have a headache that I can't shift.

Plus, sat in the kitchen is a big tray of chocolate brownies that we made with the children yesterday. They all had a little slice with raspberries, after lunch and it was so tempting. But I had a handful of raspberries and left it at that

Will be attacking a snack in a few minutes, 3 children sleeping and all quiet in the house. (I'm a Childminder, by the way)

Time for more painkillers........

Meant to say, well done on the loss! That is fab going

My scales couldn't decide between two numbers this morning, but full week on the plan will be tomorrow mornings weigh in, so we'll see what that brings

Good so far, which hopefully gives me the resolve to continue

Hx

definitely - i saw a slight increase on the scales at the weekend (due to naughty weight checking) so this loss was unexpected - even though i did loads of exercise last week.

In fact the loss has made me determined to up my exercise - it's obviously having an effect on my weight loss and now the weather is getting better I have no excuse!

hope your headache goes away. x

i82

ooooooooh feeling extremely full of PMT today - everyone and everything is ANNOYING ME!
Usually this feeling begins earlier but I feel that the exercise and healthier diet have actually helped my symptoms.

Today began badly (well i enjoyed it though!) but the rest of the day will be better.

Breakfast - bacon buttie + ketchup + coffee
Lunch - Mushroom Soup and Ryvita
Dinner - Vegetable chilli + oven roasted new potatoes and beetroot + large spoon of steamed green veg

Dinner will be late today due to afterwork activities but I will snack on fruit if I need to.

how are you all doing today?

How is everyone??

Today started well - however I am seeing some friends I haven't seen for a month tonight. They know I'm on a diet though so I can trust them not to tempt me (too much!)

Breakfast - Luxury muesli + milkL
Lunch - Smoky bacon and bean soup
Dinner - don't know yet
Snacks - onion oat bites + sv popcorn

I have also managed to get to the gym already today ... feeling very positive and good about myself today. Not sure why but hope it lasts!

toodles i82

Islington82, how's it going this weekend? I did get to the gym yesterday and spent a couple of hours later on clearing out more clothes (just how many can one girl have?!). I plan to tackle it again today so may actually finish the clothes bit - that's meant emptying all the chests of drawers (cos I'm using the ones in the spare rooms too!) and the wardrobes, trying to sort the clothes at the same time by putting similar clothes together while putting aside those which are too big now or I won't wear again. I've tried to be quite ruthless but there still seem to be a lot left! Never mind, I'll be pleased when it's done. Maybe this, together with my weight loss, is about me taking control of things for a change instead of just living with things which aren't the way I want them to be!

Hello Topcat! Well I was off Diet chef from Friday to Wednesday - went away for OH's birthday (it was a big number) so went pretty much off plan - however I couldn't finish a meal!

I was choosing things that I normally would have devoured and my stomach must have shrunk as I was leaving about a quarter of the plate every time. I also stuck to spritzers and drank as much water as possible.
Turns out i did put a bit of weight on but I ignored and got straight back onto Dietchef yesterday and today. Had a sneaky check on the scales and seem to getting back to it already!

Thursday
Breakfast - apple and cinnamon porridge + milk
Lunch - Chicken Mulligatawny Soup + 2 ryvita
Dinner - Beef meatballs + long grain rice + mixed steamed veg (peas, broadbeans and purple broccoli)
Snacks - satsuma and apple

Friday
Breakfast - Luxury museli + milk
Lunch - Chicken and Thyme Soup + ryvita
Dinner - Thai Chicken Curry + rice + grilled veg (courgettes and peppers)
Snacks - sharing salted movie popcorn + white wine spritzer

This weekend we have the in-laws to be all day on Saturday - they have a very sweet tooth so we going for a walk instead!
Then on Sunday we have lunch at some friends of ours who are usually notorious red wine drinkers but both on a health kick at the moment so hopefully that means they will be good like us! we'll see.

How were you all your weekends? x

Hello all - how were your weekends?

Mine was pretty good - even though temptation was all around!

Saturday
Breakfast - fruit
Lunch - Chicken pie with low fat mash and steamed veggies
Dinner - Dietchef Thai Chicken Curry + large spoon of rice + dry fried courgettes and peppers
Snack - 0% fat frozen yoghurt and berries (the inlaws loved this!)

Sunday
breakfast - fruit
lunch - mexican lamb shank + salad + roasted peppers
Dinner - off plan Chinese takeaway (but only small portion!)

Monday
Breakfast - original Granola + 0% activia vanilla yoghurt
Lunch -Chunky vegetable soup + 1 ryvita
Dinner - Lamb hotpot + rice + steamed savoy cabbage
Snacks - small apple + satsuma + 0% frozen yoghurt with berries

The sun's finally out so i'll walk home today (about an hour) to kickstart the excercise this week. The hen do is officially a month away so I'm aiming for a half-stone loss which would give me that body confidence i need to hit the beach!!

hope you're all ok!

i82

You sounds like you had a good weekend! Still here, back on plan from today after 4 days off.

But now have upset stomach, deep joy.

Not sure if I need to eat, want the toilet or want to vomit, which its not a great feeling. I hope that an early night will see it off

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Hx

Oh dear Helcatt, that doesn't sound good ... but you will lose more weight I guess!! :) Hope you feel better soon.

Islington82, hope you enjoyed the walk and didn't get soaked on the way. I didn't step out of the house yesterday at all as the weather was shocking. I got back from Germany on Friday evening after 3 days in a hotel and limited choice of food. On Saturday the scales said I'd put on 3lbs in the week! Bit more than I expected. But then on Sunday I got on the scales and I'd lost that again and a bit more. How weird!! Just shows how your body can really fluctuate day to day. Back on the regimen since Saturday but just had a couple of chocolates - delicious!!

Looking forward to the long weekend!

Hello!

Yes actually the walk was wonderful - absolutely shocking weather again today though. I was supposed to go to the gym tonight as well but forgot about some wedding planning stuff so have to do that instead - annoying.

Had my 4 week weigh in - put on half a pound - considering all the grub and drink I had last weekend, I am very pleased it was not more.
Back on the plan with a vengeance now. I'm looking forward to the long weekend as well Topcat - hoping to get out and do some exercise so really hope the weather isn't all bad.

Helcatt - sorry to hear your not feeling well, try and take it easy.

Breakfast - apple (meetings argH!)
Lunch - either Dietchef Tomato soup + oatcakes OR halloumi and salad wrap
Dinner - chicken curry + rice + pepper and courgette stirfry
Snacks - satsuma + popchip crisps (they are lovely and very low fat for when you need that crunch, also helpfully tells you exactly how many crisps is a serving!)

Hope everyone's ok. x

i82

Thank you, sprawling on the sofa in front of the TV for a few hours and then an early night saw it off, thankfully

Yesterday was also good on the food front, I now have to start getting some exercise factored in. justfeel so tired at the moment, though I know I will feel better for it once I get started

Meeting a friend on Friday, so could be interesting. She is very thin and eats in a Birdlike manor, so its not going to be temptation all the way. Might have a few drinks, but the vodka and diet coke hits the spot

Might take the girls to the zoo on Monday

Any plans?

I'm sooo looking forward to a long weekend - been a tough few weeks at work so need a rest. Having said that, I'll be at the gym over the weekend or even running outdoors if the weather's OK (fat chance?!). (Ha, only 'chance' is allowed to be fat!!!). Haven't really got any more clothes to sort out so I can chill out a bit. Would like to get out into the garden and plant some clematis but again that's weather dependant. I'd like to do my hanging baskets but it's meant to get pretty cold on Friday so I wouldn't want to risk losing them so that may have to wait another week.

Just had my DC dinner but did have 4 chocolates!!! I mustn't do that every evening but they were fab :))

Hi all! Ive just sat and read this whole thread lol! Youre all doing fantastically well! Ive just started DC today and its going very well.. still cant believe how tasty the food is and how substantial the portions are! Id love to keep track with you all too, all support if much appreciated! Cant wait for next weeks weigh in already! Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday! xxx

Hello Rae!! of course - keep track with us and we'll all try and support each other!
Been sooooo busy with work and wedding planning - but for the most part been on the DietChef wagon. To be honest with you it's such a timesaver these days - just put the packet in the microwave rather than dithering about at the sandwich bar!
I've managed to get my OH onto Dietchef. Once he'd actually tasted some of the food he was up for trying it out too. It's definitely given me an extra boost as we support each other.

This last week has been up and down but I have been sticking to the plan and only had a couple of meals off plan. And not too much alcohol over the weekend either - I haven't missed that evening glass of wine or extra G&T at all! I guess it's because this diet doesn't really feel like a diet.

So food diary - will try and keep it short and sweet....

Tuesday
Breakfast - piece of fruit (those blasted morning meetings)
Lunch - lunch out of the office - fattoush salad, mini pitta bread and homous - much less than I would usually eat and all veggie.
Dinner - lamb hotpot + rice + vegetables
Snacks - popchips + braeburn apple

Wednesday
Breakfast - toasted bagel + marmite + organic peanut butter
Lunch - tomato soup + rough oatcakes (from Sainsburys)
Dinner - out with friends - small steak + greens + half portion pate + 2 glasses of white wine
Snacks - satsuma

Thursday
Breakfast - Strawberry porridge + milk
Lunch - Beef Goulash + 100g wholewheat spaghetti (leftovers from OH's cooking)
Dinner - Turkey and pepper stirfry + homemade egg fried rice (used cooking spray to keep calories down)
Snacks - small apple

Friday
Breakfast - sausage sandwich (oops!)
Lunch - apple - not just overcompensating for the sausages but actually wasn't hungry!
Dinner - leftover turkey and pepper stirfry + some (!) vodka tonics at a friends birthday
Snack - drunken kebab (the shame!)

Saturday
Brunch - 2 X wholegrain toast + marmite
Dinner - Steak + new potatoes + frisee salad

Sunday
Breakfast - wholegrain toast + 2 egg and light cheese omelette
Lunch - low fat supernoodles
Dinner - homemade pea and gruyere tar + roasted root veg + chicory, fennel and orange salad
Snack - homemade low fat cheesecake - birthday treat for MUM.

Monday
Brunch - slice of leftover tart
Dinner - fish and chips (homemade) + peas
Snack - large white wine

So clearly fell off the wagon on the weekend!! However I will add that I walked for a total of 3.5 hours this week and my portions of non-dietchef food have been significantly smaller.
I have also had to change my weigh in date as my scales broke, luckily not because I smashed them : ) so I need to change my weigh-in day to Thursday so will update you all tomorrow.

SORRY FOR HUUGE POST!!

Better finish off the week

Tuesday
Breakfast - Strawberry porridge + milk
Lunch - Dietchef chicken and couscous salad
Dinner - Dietchef macaroni cheese adapted with addition of cauliflower, broccoli, sweetcorn, asparagus and sprinkling of low fat cheese
Snack - fat free frozen yoghurt + fresh fruit

Wednesday
Breakfast - porridge with cacao nibs + milk
Lunch - Minestrone soup
Dinner - Dietchef paella adapted with addition of plain chargrilled chicken and peppers/courgettes
Snack - Salted popcorn and satsuma

I'm adding more protein to my evening meals as I am trying to do an hours exercise everyday.

Sound like youre still in the mind set of "dieting" though even if youve not been wholly on DC the smaller portions and the fact your stomach will have shrunk is definitely the way forward still. Ive yet to be faced with takeaway night or evening meal out so not sure how ill manage on that neither.

Its definitely a time saver as you say, the convenience of the diet is a big plus for me, with a 3 month old baby who demands 24 hour attention its impossible to even make breakfast or lunch or dinner for myself anyway, usually id just grab a bag of crisps so making these meals is fantastic for me.. done in 3 mins and eaten in 10! Whats so good is its the first diet ive ever done where i havent been counting cals at all.. literally just eating and living my life as normal! Actually being excited to step on the scales is a first!

Youve hardly got anything left to lose now! 1 and a half stone is nothing! When you think youve already lost half or maybe more after todays weigh in it does not seem a lot in the grand scheme of things. But its that last push that is always the hardest!

Lookin forward to the weigh in results today keep us posted!

Back