2 Stone to lose on Diet Chef - Food Diary

So it looks like being strict with myself and sticking to dietchef has paid off. I am also cutting out my carb portion in the evening and having more veg. I usually have ryvita at lunchtime so i don't feel I'm missing out too much! Back down to 161 - lost all the extra i had put on over the last two weeks.
I actually enjoyed the gym yesterday as well - I felt I had energy for the whole session and also felt good rather than tired afterwards.

Hot yoga booked for this weekend so will let you know how I get on!

Thursday
breakfast - Dietchef cacao nib porridge + milk + 1tsp runny honey
lunch - Japanese set lunch (filling and low fat!) steamed rice + beef stew + salad + miso soup + 3 pieces salmon maki
dinner - Dietchef chilli con carne + added hot sauce + sweetcorn + 1tbsp half fat creme fraiche + mexican veggies
snacks - sweet and salty popcorn

Friday
Breakfast - dietchef porridge + milk + 1tsp runny honey
Lunch - lentil soup
dinner - homemade burrito using half portion dietchef paella + half fat creme fraiche + homemade guac + leftover mexican veggies + low fat tortilla wrap
snack - salt and vinegar popcorn + apple

how is everyone else?

Hi Islington82, sounds like you're doing really well right now so that's great. I'm just recovering from the virus I had over the last weekend when I wasn't able to do any exercise at all. I'm feeling loads better although not 100% yet. I'm hoping to feel fine tomorrow and then I can get to the gym over the weekend. I'm 11st and half a pound and I'm looking forward to getting under the 11 stone mark!

I see Diet Chef is the tsv on QVC today.

Thanks Topcat ! I simply can't weight (ha ha) to get to that point!! I'm hoping that it will happen before my hen do holiday but not going to stress about it!

Sorry to hear that you've been unwell - hopefully better weather is on the way and that will help too!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

i82

I82, you are doing so well! Sounds like you have really worked out what suits you

A had a weekend away, was really nice, I ate too much at meal times, but didn't do the in between snacking. I did go armed with cereal, snacks and fruit, and weight has maintained, which was more than I had hoped for! Had really expected a gain. The weekend could have been really boozy, but I limited it, which is where I think the success was.

Official weigh in is on weds, so we will see what that brings

Hx

Hi everyone!!

well been sticking to the plan even though I've had a sinus infection this week - although the sore throat did not make me want to eat so that meant I didn't eat any comfort food.
Had weigh in this morning - lost another 0.5 pounds - a bit slower but I haven't been doing as much exercise this week!!

Back on exercise as of yesterday and hope to visit the gym this evening as well. Bit of a weekend ahead but only one week to go before my holiday so I'm not going to blow it now...

Saturday
Brunch - grilled low fat bacon sandwich with lighter scrambled eggs + light leerdammer
Dinner - Chow Mein meal kit (dietchef) - added prawns, stir fry vegetables and portion of steamed white rice
Snack - dietchef popcorn

Sunday (working all day so was off plan - treat day!)
Breakfast - half a bacon roll + apple
Lunch - shared deli platter and small glass red wine
Dinner - shared bbq meal + cocktail + beer

Monday (didn't feel very well)
Breakfast - none
Lunch - cheese salad sandwich
Dinner - homemade low fat fajitas (low fat wrap, reduced fat cheese and half fat creme fraiche) + home made guacamole + chicken/veg filling

Tuesday (duvet day)
Brunch - homemade low fat pizza toastie (using tomato puree + reduced fat cheese)
Dinner - Dietchef sweet and sour + added veg and small portion rice
Snack - haribo

Wednesday
Breakfast - dietchef porridge + milk + runny honey
Lunch - spicy beef and tomato soup + toasted wholegrain bagel
Dinner - steak and spinach + two small glasses wine
Snack - sweet chilli oat bites
Excercise - 75 mins walk

Thursday
Breakfast - dietchef porridge + milk + runny honey
Lunch - tomato soup
Dinner - Dietchef pasta bolognese + mixed salad
Snack - dietchef popcorn + apple

How are you all doing?

Hi Islington82, doing OK this week but have had some sweets and shortbread so not been an angel!!! But I haven't got stressed about that so that's good. I am away for a long weekend coming up to spend with family so am out to dinner Saturday night so won't be an angel then either but when I get back, it's back on the wagon properly. Having said that, I'm eating better (and less) than before I started DC so maybe I'm adopting some better habits now - just hope it lasts! I could still polish off a chicken dhansak no problem (well, in theory at the moment!!)! My last DC box of food arrived last week so that will be 5 months on the plan when I finish it (it's a month's worth per box) and then I think I'll be glad of some different foods - I am getting a bit bored of some of it although of course there have been days 'off piste' when I've been away so I haven't just had DC food although have mostly. But thank goodness it's helped me get to where I am now even though I think I have about a stone more to go. I am just so much happier with how I look and feel.

Sounds like you're doing well and have got good resolve!! I have got the meal kits too - I really like them, do you? I particularly like the 2 Indian ones that DC do.

I hope you have a great holiday - let your hair down a bit and then be good when you're back :)

woooooooooo!!! well that was a very very crazy two weeks!! I had my hen party and my birthday followed by the Jubilee weekend. Looks like everyone else has been quiet for the last few days as well...

well I have only put on 3 pounds even with all this partying - I really believe that my portion sizes have been reduced and I am definitely feeling fuller after eating less.

Still having said that, it's only 11 weeks to the wedding and I want to look as good as possible so it's back on Diet chef now right up until the day of the wedding and as much exercise as I can fit in.

Having trouble getting used to eating soup again for lunch when the weather has been so hot, I think I may start to have salads for lunch and save the soups for colder days or even this autumn!

how do you all deal with hot days and soup?

breakfast - luxury muesli
lunch - salad
dinner - chicken tikka dietchef and fried rice
snacks - popcorn

Hi Islington82, I agree with you about not fancying the soups in warm weather. I've made myself a salad for a couple of lunches with lots of ingredients including grapes, sweetcorn, avocado, some small cubes of cheese etc. This week has gone out of the window diet-wise although I have still eaten less than I would have before. It's been a very social week so far so there's been a fair amount of wine, cake, BBQ stuff etc! I'm off to Stockholm on business on Sunday so will be away for a couple of days so I aim to get back on track when I'm back. Hope you had a great long weekend.

Have to agree with the soup thing too. I have just had something good and healthy instead or forced myself recently. But the weather is so miserable most of the time, its not an issue. If we do actually get a summer here, it might be a different story!

Feeling the need to eat less is such a positive step.

Hx

Back