2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

How are we ladies? I've done ok today, had an SS+ meal of chicken and broccoli earlier more to help things to get moving in the bowls department... Sorry probably a bit tmi but I was wondering if any one else suffers? I can feel I need to go, have a tummy ache and feel really heavy but I just can't go, even with the help of laxatives :-(

Had a fish pedicure today... Very strange but totally worth the £10! I would so do it again! It was a little pick me up for me to give myself a little boost!

Think I'm just going to try and have a bath and chill out tonight I'm do tired and my tummy hurts :-( x

emma, i have always struggled with going to the toilet whilst on cd. the first time i did cd i went 15 days without going and was forced to come off the diet as i was becoming ill as a result. my doctor gave me an ultimatum, come off the diet or be admitted to hospital for ' manual evacuation' :eek:
this time around i take fibre every day (sometimes twice a day) plus 2 movicol a day and i still struggle to go. i now go 1-2 times a week and it is very time consuming and very very painful. i dread it , to be honest, but, this isnt going to be forever and as long as the movicol keeps me going at least 1 a week, i will stick at it.
strangely enough i suffer from chronic IBS and when i eat 'normal' food regularly i have acute and almost violent diarrhea on a regular basis to the extent that i am written up for loperamide (imodium) on repeat prescription and have been given consent from my gp to take up to 12 a day (maximum on leaflet says 8 a day).
i havent posted this anywhere before through my own shame but i am currently seeing a hypnotherapist because for the last 11 years i have suffered from agoraphobia as a result of my IBS. i was always terrified of my IBS triggering and not getting to a toilet in time. :eek:
with my current 'situation' on cd and the hypnotherapist i am managing to go out a fair bit lately . i started seeing the hypnotherapist because of my sisters upcoming wedding in october . the way things were 6 months ago i would have accepted that i wouldnt be going to the wedding at all ( she has chosen a church miles away in the middle of the countryside)
i am not sure if it is cd or the hypnotherapist that has helped me the most with getting out more and actually feeling like i CAN be my sisters bridesmaid, that i WONT need to stay at home and hide away with my shame.
whichever it was, im very very thankful :).
dammmmn, cant believe im actually admitting in here just how screwed up i am :eek:

I suffer with agoraphobia and it's goes in peaks and troughs with my depression, just before Christmas I manages to avoid going out for 18 days solid and even then I only went out because my little man managed to get out the front door whilst I was in the shower, I heard the door go called for him and there was no answer so I just grabbed a dressing gown and ran out the door and found myself soaking wet, barely dressed, bare foot and two flights of stairs away from my flat shouting at Deven in the street... It scared the hell out of me when I realised where I was, I picked him up and ran up the stairs (I was 19.9 stone then!) crying, traumatic time for him as well as me.

My mum suffers from IBS but no where near as bad as you, my heart goes out to you Cheryl, when something is so debilitating in your life it can be horrific I'm so happy for you that you are making progress on it. If you are not on CD can it be tablet and diet controlled or is it too severe a problem? If it can be diet controlled then losing the weight must be able to help you with such specific nutritional needs.

Luckily I have managed to go now or though it was time consuming and painful as you said, really didn't want to eat today but I thought that it was the beat thing for me and it turned out to be ok in the end.

Xxx

Hi cheryl and emma, i suffer from severe anxiety and can be in the house for weeks at a time so i know what you are both going through! sorry havent had a chance for proper read through posts, ive had a good day diet wise psyched for weigh in but ive officially called it a day with the oh- the wedding is off!

Wish me luck for tomorrow :)

Fearless what happened! Didn't even realise there were problems! Going to bed now but PM me when you can hunny and good luck for WI tomorrow x

oh my goodness . fearless, are u ok hun.
feel free to pm me if u dont want to talk in here.

oh my goodness . fearless, are u ok hun.
feel free to pm me if u dont want to talk in here.

sorry hun missed this post last night wasnt being rude!

How are my girls today? im surprisingly chipper following yesterdays events cos i lost ********9.2lb******** :D:D:D

Fearless said:
sorry hun missed this post last night wasnt being rude!

How are my girls today? im surprisingly chipper following yesterdays events cos i lost ********9.2lb******** :D:D:D

Wow! That's amazing!

Well, had a lovely afternoon, went for a long walk, a play in the park and popped into the shop, was out for about four hours and it was brilliant, at the beginning of the year I wouldn't have been able to do it at all. I feel really really good for it today!

Hope every one else is well, I'm going to have an omelette tonight, thinking that SS+ is going to be a better way for me and I'm really pleased with that :) I think I may have found a way that works for me.

Going to go to Blockbusters tonight, get a film and chill out after a nice bath.

Xxxx

omg fearless, woohooooo for u :happy036::talk017:
sounds like everyone has had a good day.
my day, well, diet wise i fail, i suck.
it is my dear grandsons 1st birthday and since he lives with us we threw him a little party and invited his mothers side of the family around to share the celebration so i put on a buffet, did the cake etc.
i wasnt sure this morning whether to allow myself to eat or not but then when olivers other grandma came round she came with lots of hot party food and a big chocolate bomb cake :eek:
well, u guessed it. i ate, and now i feel guilty and know that tomorrow i will be 'yet again' trying to spend the next 3 days undoing the damage ive done. :(
oh well, no point moaning on in here. just have to grin and bare it.

thanks girls :D:D:D feels awesome, so pleased i managed to stick it out, i have no idea where ive gettin my strength from this week but i aint gonna question it and just be grateful!

cheryl you will only be a failure if you give up, you are back on here after your blip (which to be fair was a pretty good reason to blip if you ask me but then i can be a bit of a bad influence :p). just keep coming back and it will click into place might not be today or tomorrow but it will come, just think of how long youve been doing cdiet for how much you have lost, now calculate what you would have put on in that time had you not turned to cambridge diet- i can easily but on 5lb in a week with my overeating- you know some weeks less and some more, shameful but true (when i eat, i eat!) i tend to sit home for days on end, not leaving the house, god days without washing even (i know im a catch :p). im trying to turn this all around right now and if it takes me five weeks or five years im gonna get there and i aint gonna give up and i wont let you either missy!

thanks girls :D:D:D feels awesome, so pleased i managed to stick it out, i have no idea where ive gettin my strength from this week but i aint gonna question it and just be grateful!

cheryl you will only be a failure if you give up, you are back on here after your blip (which to be fair was a pretty good reason to blip if you ask me but then i can be a bit of a bad influence :p). just keep coming back and it will click into place might not be today or tomorrow but it will come, just think of how long youve been doing cdiet for how much you have lost, now calculate what you would have put on in that time had you not turned to cambridge diet- i can easily but on 5lb in a week with my overeating- you know some weeks less and some more, shameful but true (when i eat, i eat!) i tend to sit home for days on end, not leaving the house, god days without washing even (i know im a catch :p). im trying to turn this all around right now and if it takes me five weeks or five years im gonna get there and i aint gonna give up and i wont let you either missy!

:) thanks hun. ur a real gem do u know that.... even an unwashed diamond is still just as precious to someone who knows she is a diamond lover ;)
im just angry that i seem to be constantly trying to get rid of lbs i have gained.
in fact, i am quite self loathing at the moment. have been for some time now.
i laid it on the line the other day. i said if i havent lost a stone in the next 4 weeks im gonna quit. dont want to quit but dont want to hate myself either. grrrrrr, ive turned into such a moaning minx on here lately. i annoy the hell out of myself :sigh:
no excuses after today.
i have my birthday next month but stuff it, i dont want to eat, im gonna spend the day in bed. i would rather be there anyway.

:) thanks hun. ur a real gem do u know that.... even an unwashed diamond is still just as precious to someone who knows she is a diamond lover ;)
im just angry that i seem to be constantly trying to get rid of lbs i have gained.
in fact, i am quite self loathing at the moment. have been for some time now.
i laid it on the line the other day. i said if i havent lost a stone in the next 4 weeks im gonna quit. dont want to quit but dont want to hate myself either. grrrrrr, ive turned into such a moaning minx on here lately. i annoy the hell out of myself :sigh:
no excuses after today.
i have my birthday next month but stuff it, i dont want to eat, im gonna spend the day in bed. i would rather be there anyway.

what date is your birthday hun? you can spend it in bed and on the comp at the same time with us girls we can make chocolate muffins and crisps with our packs as a treat!

regards continuing cd get to your oa meeting next week and take it from there hun, try not to put pressure on if you arent ready just yet, it will come, might not neccessarily be with cdiet it might be that another diet is for you but just keep at it!

birthday is 23rd june.

i cant do any other diet. :sigh:
since doing cd for the first time in 2009 i just cant stick to any other diet.
cd is definately the diet for me.
the timing is really shitty for me having to do this but i dont have time to come off it and wait a few weeks/months etc and try again.
i HAVE to do it. i just have to get my brain to knock those demons down.
it annoys me that i cant get my head in it at the moment. i have no choice.
i seem to spend all my time being annoyed that ive caved again and eaten.
ive also started having to fight the urge to 'purge'.
i went through a stage as a teenager where i would eat a full packet of cakes ( usually mini rolls for some reason ) and then i would make myself sick and would feel so much better.
just recently when i eat i feel that urge to bring it back again.
i should add that i havent done it . i am at least strong enough to not go down that road again.
need a bloody good kick up the arse.
shame i havent been publicly abused recently. ive had a few really nasty ' fat beef' comments in the past by complete strangers and as cruel and painful as that was it did add strength to my willpower.

birthday is 23rd june.

i cant do any other diet. :sigh:
since doing cd for the first time in 2009 i just cant stick to any other diet.
cd is definately the diet for me.
the timing is really shitty for me having to do this but i dont have time to come off it and wait a few weeks/months etc and try again.
i HAVE to do it. i just have to get my brain to knock those demons down.
it annoys me that i cant get my head in it at the moment. i have no choice.
i seem to spend all my time being annoyed that ive caved again and eaten.
ive also started having to fight the urge to 'purge'.
i went through a stage as a teenager where i would eat a full packet of cakes ( usually mini rolls for some reason ) and then i would make myself sick and would feel so much better.
just recently when i eat i feel that urge to bring it back again.
i should add that i havent done it . i am at least strong enough to not go down that road again.
need a bloody good kick up the arse.
shame i havent been publicly abused recently. ive had a few really nasty ' fat beef' comments in the past by complete strangers and as cruel and painful as that was it did add strength to my willpower.

oh hun i really wish i could wave a magic wand for you and make it all happen for you i really do! i cant explain whats made this restart different to past tries, possibly medication im on, where my heads at, reaching my lowest point or a combination :confused: at my highest weight i remember i had a fight with the other half and had went storming off in the middle of the night wandering the streets, i just felt so low (i have depression and anxiety and can get very suicidal but thats a whole other story :p) well these lads came down the road on their bikes about 5 or 6 of them(about 15/16yrs old) and one of them started singing big girls you are beautiful at me, i know that isnt the worst thing that could have been said but the frame of mind i was in god i went to pieces went home (other half was still out looking for me) i stepped into me sittingroom which was a complete dive (its still a dive like) it had no carpets etc at the time and i just sank to the floor, i thought i really couldnt take nomore i had just snapped and i just sobbed and sobbed all night, the next day i got on with diet (restricted calories, not in a healthy way either) and started losing and here i am still plodding on, i could have been at goal five times over the amount of times ive started and restarted this diet but like you i know this diet is for me- and as long as it takes on this it wouldnt have happened at all on another diet :sigh: sorry for the waffle on sometimes i forget what me point is lol xx

hehe ur so like me, i type a message and then re-read it back to myself and then ask ' was i trying to make a point?' lol
i know this is weird but in the morning i might stand naked in front of the mirror.
i HATE what i see in the mirror.
having lost almost 3 stones, i know im still incredibly overweight so maybe being 'real' and showing myself how i really look ( i try not to look in mirrors and certainly dont look in them naked :jelous:) will shake me up a bit.
need a short sharp shock and seeing that would be one for sure. :eek:

Fearless - what a great loss!!! :happy036::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I really feel for the things you lasses are going through. Please know that whilst I might not have much to input, as my struggles are very different from yours, I read all the posts and think of you frequently. Try to stay strong and focused and make it to your respective OA meetings - I'm sending you all my positive thoughts. :vibes:

I've managed to stick 100% to CD but I have to admit this weekend has been hard with the rest of the family enjoying lovely meals together and walking in to a house that smells of wonderful food. I've made sure that I don't prepare my shake 'til they have started to eat as that helps me through.

Tomorrow is my first informal weigh-in, as I don't have my first official one 'til Wednesday, but I will have completed my first full week. I'll report back tomorrow - fingers crossed for a good loss.

I'm off to bed as cat has woken me at 5.00am last two days (bless him) and I'm dead on my feet. I need my sleep!

Take care.

C x

Morning ladies!

Week 1 and I've lost 12lbs - woop, woop!! (and I've managed to update my ticker!!!)

Another bad night, woke at 4.00 - when OH got up to use facilities - and never got back to sleep. Am absolutely shattered. After 3 days of bad nights have total deficit of one night's sleep!

I have my first physio session today for my back injury, so hoping it goes ok. Only thing that worries me is that it's with a male physio and you can probably imagine how I feel about the prospect of having to strip off in front of him. I guess it's all motivation to stick to SS.

Having my hair cut and highlighted after that so should feel better after that. Also got to fit 4 hours work in before school pick-up so it's going to be a busy day.

Here's to a good one for all you lovely ladies.

C x

Back