2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

i have skimmed milk in my tea every day.
in fact a lot of people here do.
with the amount u would use for a few cups of tea/coffee per day it is less than u r allowed if u were doing ss+.
it makes the day far more bareable for me to look forward to a nice hot cuppa.

Wow! that is a fantastic loss. If that had been me I would have fainted. Well done you!
I have been out to the Italians tonight and sat whilst my son and his girlfriend both had 3 courses. I had 2 sparkling waters. Really pleased with myself now. Only thing is I have to go through same thing again tomorrow when I am meeting up with some old friends who have moved half way round the world and are back on a short visit!
I'm just thinking about bikinis. Think I might wear some tight clothes too just to remind me that I have a long way to go.

I'm still buzzing! My CD was really excited for me too, which was lovely.

I met up with a friend for "lunch" today too - I had 2 big pots of redbush tea and a bottle of fizzy water while she had a bowl of soup, a latte and a glass of red wine. It was OK!!! I'd warned her beforehand and she was fine with it. I even passed on the little ameretti biscuits that came with the tea, which I love.

I've got a meeting tomorrow with the Appeal Panel for the school we're trying to get our DS into in September and I'm mentally going through my wardrobe for what I can wear that looks smart, but not too business-like, and not too tight!

I am very tempted to go for the skimmed milk in tea, but am worried that it would be the "thin end of the wedge" and I would start the dangerous descent into dieting denial.

My CD did remind me that at 5'8 I'm right on the cusp of 4 packs a day , whilst I've been having 3, so maybe I could allow myself a little leeway. Hmmmm, what to do?

C x

Go for it.

Keep it to a dash of skimmed milk per cup.

If it keeps you happily on plan, then its worth it!

Make it part of your plan mentally so you can't use it as an excuse to start adding anything else to your menu.

Good luck

Hi Emma, sorry to hear you had such a rotten evening. There are obviously lots of things going round and round in your head at the moment and although you had a rough time last night, hopefully it will allow you both a bit of breathing space to really reassess want each of you wants. Hard as it must have been, your OH has some insight now into how confused you are.

Hope today has been a better one for you. How do you feel about things now - relieved that it is out in the open, or more confused?

Thinking of you.

C x

evening ladies.

emma, im so sorry ur struggling the way u are hun.
my brother is gay and i can honestly say he had a really hard time coming out.
the family and his 'real' friends were fine and most of us had suspected for a long time .
the biggest problem he had was with himself.
he wanted to be 'normal' it didnt help when he moved in with his partner in warrington and then had to move cause of some nasty skinhead gang bullying them (badly). my brothers partner had to have an operation on his nose due to repeated breaks :sigh:.
it took my brother a long time to accept who he is and to finally realise there is no such thing as 'normal' , whether, black or white, fat or thin, gay or straight , we are all unique. nothing unique can ever be classed as 'normal'.
if ur partner is the girl for u ( and i strongly suspect she is) then u will work it out.
incidentally, my sister and her boyfriend hit a bad patch 2 years ago and she moved out and went home to my mum . they went back to dating again with no complications , just boyfriend/girlfriend...... and now they are getting married in october.
sometimes things just get a little complicated. it doesnt mean it cant be fixed and even sometimes end up better than before. :D
keep ur chin up honey.
as cliche as it is, it will all work out in the end. :)

Thank you so much for your support, things are going ok at the moment, I have an awful lot to work out with myself, I am gettnng to know a whole new me. I am the smallest I've been in quite a long time and its been throwing up some old dreams and ambitions that I had convinced myself that I had to give up on because I was too big, this in turn has made me even more discontent with being a stay at home Mum to resolve this we have agreed that I can look for full time work as well and that we will arrange a level of childcare for Deven for outside school hours, in a way this makes me sad as my Mum was always there to get us and make us tea etc and I loved it, I thought I could do that but now I'm not so sure :(.

As a couple we are getting there, I think we still both feel a little shell shocked but we are going to be ok. We have quite a lot to change bot the way our life is at the moment and the thing that scare me the most is what my brother said to me 'it's easy to say you will change but then it lasts a few weeks, you think its fine and then it slides back into what it was. If you want to make a change then you both have to be committed to making it happen and prepare yourself for hard work.' I hope for us that it will work, we're good together and love each other very much.

Cheryl what you said about your brother really hit home, for a while I was so loved up that it didn't phase me that she was a girl, it was only when we got down to the nitty gritty of normal life that the realities of being in a same sex relationship set in, my biggest problem is people starring at me, sometimes it's hard enough for me to go out anyway let alone feeling I'm being starred at :sigh: ...however...I am proud of being able to be with the person I love so this is something that I am going to have to work on this within myself which hopefully with feeling more confident I can do.

Diet wise...I came off for two days for my best friends birthday and that turned into three days (I think mainly due to what happened, I just felt so shakey the whole time and the thought of trying to get back into ketosis was not appealing!) and on the third day I really bombed out...bacon role, chocolate shortbread and KFC...normally if I plan to come off plan then I don't binge, quite disappointed in myself. I cancelled WI wednesday morning but did weigh myself (added a lb as that's the difference in our scales) and I got to 16 stone dead on so have updated everything and this morning...16.3 eek! but I'm not too worried, most of it will be water weight and stores so on with the water, the shakes and losing weight!

Claz...brilliant weight loss, well done you, you should be really proud of yourself.

I always have skimmed milk in my tea...makes the plan work for me :)

Have a brilliant day everyone and onwards and upwards for all of us!

x x x

Well done Emma, keep it up.

I've deliberately not drunk my water through the day today as I didn't want to be running to the loo during the school appeal hearing this afternoon. Started catching up 30 mins ago and got just under a litre to go, plus my shake. Hope I'm not going to be up too much in the night :eek:

Brother's & Sisters on TV tonight. One of my fave progs. Just catching up on 2 days of Great British Menu at the moment. :confused: I don't know why I do it to myself!

Here's to a good evening for all. Fearless and Cheryl, I hope you make it to OA tonight.

C x

Hi all, hope you've all had good days.

Cheryl, how did your weigh-in go? Did you make it to OA? And was is today you were going to see that house? If so, what did you think?

Fearless, hope everything's OK with you - we haven't heard from you on the thread for a couple of days.

I'm off round to a friend's tonight for a girly night in. I'll be there with my bottle of water and peppermint tea bags and they'll be knocking back the wine and nibbles. Ooh, it's going to be hard, but I've got to hang in there and be strong!

C x

hi everyone.
well, what a few days.
having gained that nasty 5lbs on monday morning, i had accepted that i would be lucky to even get a sts come thursday morning so was very pleasantly surprised to find i had actually lost 1lb at my weigh in :).
i was all set for going to the oa meeting for the first time last night but my stupid pathetic body had other ideas.
i have chronic osteo arthritus in my ankles, knees and hips and i guess i overdid it yesterday (did grocery shopping and then was slowly walking around town for a while looking for jeans for my son).
well, by 4pm, i was in matalan and my knee started hurting sooooo bad ( i am supposed to use a wheelchair when im out but i get too self conscious so i just use a stick and grin and bare the pain).
it took me a good 5 minutes to walk from the store to the car which was about 15 foot from the store doors :eek:.
as i tried to sit in the car i noticed my knees had slipped slightly ( this has happened a fair few times before) and my knee was running out of track. as i tried to bend my leg to sit in the car there was a very loud grinding noise within my knee ( made my son feel sick).
after 10 minutes or so of standing by the car slowly trying to ease my leg bent, it kinda snapped and popped back in place.
i was then left with searing hot pain inside my kneecap which had me almost in tears on the way home.
so last night i was pretty much immobile (thank goodness i have a downstairs toilet) and so i didnt go to the meeting.
i was very disappointed as i was actually looking forward to it.
so, today i was quite nervous about going viewing the house in case i couldnt climb the stairs to see upstairs.
anyway, we went there and were there for 2.50 pm (appointment was for 3pm). we were still there at 3.20pm when we finally accepted that noone was coming and i grabbed my phone and called the agent who said ' i called u this morning and left a message to say the house is no longer available' :mad:
to say i was disappointed is an understatement.
plus when we got home, there was no fricking message on the phone either :mad:.
all that time sitting in the car with so much pain in my knees and for what........ nothing. :cry:
last time my knees got this bad they became very unstable and i had to have them 'bound' so they couldnt bend at all and was put on steroids.
im praying i dont end up going through that again :(

Sorry to hear what a rotten couple of days you've had Cheryl. But - great news on your loss. I hope the traumas of the past two days haven't affected your motivation. You were feeling so great and positive earlier.

Well, I'm off out for the evening. Please send me your vibes of positive willpower as I fear I might need them. :sigh:

C x

hope ur evening went well clazz :fingerscrossed:

fearless and emma, where are u both?
i hope ur both ok :sigh:

cherylxx said:
fearless and emma, where are u both?
i hope ur both ok :sigh:

I'm here! Had an emotional day today :-( I went with my brother to my nieces sports day bearing in mind that his ex is currently withholding access it was never going to be easy! But I am so glad we went Thea was so pleased to have us there and wouldn't leave her Daddy's side but it was heartbreaking when we had to say goodbye not knowing when we are going to get to see her again, she refused to let go of her daddy and told him she was so glad he came and didn't want him to leave and then she hugged me and told me she missed me, and hadn't seen me in a long time, she then asked why she couldn't see me... How do you explain it all to a five year old!? In spite of the heartbreak of the day I managed 100%.

Cheryl so sorry about the house.

X x x

Good morning everyone!

Last night went well, I did manage to stick to the water all evening and sat myself well away from the nibbles.

There's a group of four of us who had booked to go camping for a couple of nights in the half term holiday. Sadly I've just had to accept that I won't be able to go now because there's no way I'm going to be able to put the tent up (and i'm the one that helps the other girls put their tents up so am not going to be able to rely on them to put mine up for me) and my back's just not going to be able to withstand 2 nights sleeping on an unsupportive mattress or camp bed.

We've agreed that I will go down to the campsite every day and spend the days with them and that if the children want to stay over they can sleep in DS's little two man tent which we'll take with us and DS can manage to put up on his own.

Emma, although yesterday was emotional, it must have been lovely to spend some time with your brother and niece. Well done for sticking 100%.

Well, I have decided to allow myself two cups of tea a day with just a dash of skimmed milk. And I am about to ake my first sip of today's. Can't tell you how excited that makes me feel! :D

Here's to a good day for everyone.

C x

oh my. where is everyone?
i hope this isnt a sign of this thread coming to an end. :(. i love this thread and the people on it.

clazz, sorry about the camping trip hun. i hope u have fun there during the days.
did u enjoy ur cup of tea? i couldnt do without my few cups a day.

well, i have been busy on the net and phone looking for other suitable houses and now we r going to few a couple of them next week.
the one im seeing on monday is a new build and looks nice (fingers crossed). ive attached a pic, although with nobody here i dont know if anyone will see it. lol
the pic was taken about a month ago so it looks even better now, with blinds and the finer touches.
i hope to see u all posting again soon.
i miss u ladies and definately wondering whats happened to mylover (fearless) :sigh:
hope ur all well.

Attachments

• 4bed mews.jpg
    4bed mews.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 17
Hi Cheryl,

I'm still here, I keep checking back regularly for new posts so keep them coming.

Like you, I'm wondering where Fearless has got to. Let's hope it's computer troubles keeping her away. Can you PM her? I don't think I have enough posts yet.

How's the diet going Cheryl? Are you still managing to be strong?

Good luck on the house front tomorrow.

Emma, hope things are going OK for you too.

JLK - how are you doing?

C x

Hi Cheryl, the house looks lovely. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

My next weigh in is tomorrow. I am hoping for 3.5 so that I get to the first stone milestone.

It was my sons 16th birthday during the week so he had5 of his mates staying over last night. Nightmare! They are all practically men and I had to prepare loads of food for them. As a treat I bought myself some prawns.

Just waiting for them all to wake up then I will have to make the sausage and bacon baps.

After that I am going a long walk.

OH back tonight. Hopefully with a nice, non-food present!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi Chalky (Your name makes me chuckle every time I see it!)

Nice to hear from you again. It's scary how big 16 year olds can get isn't it? (Particularly when you can still remember exactly how they were on their first day at school all those years ago.)

Good luck with this morning's brekkies. Mmmmmmm, bacon!

C x

Oh, Chalky!

If your stats are up to date, that should also tae you under 200lb for the first time shouldn't it? I notice that we have the same target weight too.

C x

Well I made the brekky then took myself out for a walk for over an hour. When I came back all food was gone and plates in the dishwasher. What a lovely son I have. Going to get the washing up to date (quite excited because I have bought new fragrance of fabric softener- how sad!)then have a lazy afternoon on couch with my dog watching repeats of come dine with me.
Going to log in on laptop later. IPod is handy but you can't see everyones stats on it.
Xx

hi chalky. uve done so well to get through having guests round without caving. hopefully u will get the 3.5lbs u want at weigh in.
going to view the house tomorrow and i cant wait :).
hi clazz, i will pm fearless. im hoping its just internet probs like u said.
diet wise i didnt do great on friday and yesterday. didnt binge but wasnt 100% but today i WILL be (points a finger at herself and says 'OR ELSE' :eek:
hope u ladies are having a good day.

Back