2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

2nd official weigh in and no change from Monday, so stats stay the same, as I expected. Still, 21lb in wo weeks is still pretty good going so I'm not too disappointed.

Hope all you lovely ladies have ad a good day.

C x

sorry the scales didnt move in time clazz.
i know that can be a little disheartening but like u said 21lbs in two weeks (although u said 'wo weeks' :p) is an awesome amount.
im sure the scales will begin to move again within another day or so and u could well have a bloody good loss next week.:D

Thanks Cheryl, that's what I'm hoping. Any decisions on the house yet?

Hope you lovely ladies are all well and ready to attack the day?

C x

Eurgh there is no attack about me today! Little man is off nursery as he is ill, he came in this morning and said Emma I've been to the toilet... Yes... All over the bathroom... And unfortunately not the easy kind to clean up! Sorry probably tmi! His tonsils are up and last time he got this ill he passed out in asda and I do not want that happening again! Added on top of that I'm not well... Apparently eating pork after being on a VLCD is not good and I ate it on Tuesday! My stomach has been so bad :-( so I've decided to do 1000 for a little bit combined with exercise, I'm hoping that this will work for me because I am really really struggling with the lack of food atm just don't think my head is in the SS place! Going to give it another proper week and see how I go with it weight loss wise, if I don't really lose anything or it's only like half a pound then I'll move onto 810 as I was quite comfortable there and still losing.

Cheryl I hope the restart goes well and Claz keep going for the biggie!

Fearless- should you check in at all and are just reading instead of posting please know that whatever is going on we are here for you and will always welcome you with open arms no matter what xxxx

Good luck to all for today!

Emma
X x x

Hi Emma, sorry to hear you and your little one are both poorly. Just do what you can and get better soon.

:flowers:

C x

PS. Had half a peanut crunch bar today (my first ever) with half a shake for lunch and OMG let's just say that outside isn't the only place the wind's blowing. :ashamed0005:

Eurgh there is no attack about me today! Little man is off nursery as he is ill, he came in this morning and said Emma I've been to the toilet... Yes... All over the bathroom... And unfortunately not the easy kind to clean up! Sorry probably tmi! His tonsils are up and last time he got this ill he passed out in asda and I do not want that happening again! Added on top of that I'm not well... Apparently eating pork after being on a VLCD is not good and I ate it on Tuesday! My stomach has been so bad :-( so I've decided to do 1000 for a little bit combined with exercise, I'm hoping that this will work for me because I am really really struggling with the lack of food atm just don't think my head is in the SS place! Going to give it another proper week and see how I go with it weight loss wise, if I don't really lose anything or it's only like half a pound then I'll move onto 810 as I was quite comfortable there and still losing.

Cheryl I hope the restart goes well and Claz keep going for the biggie!

Fearless- should you check in at all and are just reading instead of posting please know that whatever is going on we are here for you and will always welcome you with open arms no matter what xxxx

Good luck to all for today!

Emma
X x x

oh dear emma.
we went through i terrible stage with my eldest son (who is now 19). he suddenly decided that his own poop made a good source of art and every few days we would walk in first thing in the morning to find the walls caked in it (and his hands)
we even took him to the doctors as we were really concerned (for his emotional health as well as his physical health).
we were adviced that it was a phase and he would grow out of it.
we invested in many art things including a large chalkboard and i must admit after a few weeks it happened less and less and within a few months all was forgotten (thank goodness).
on the diet front, i think u r doing what is right for u. we r all so different in what works for us.

clazz hope ur doing well hun.

the house wasnt right for us.
we sat working out the downstairs space and it was apparant that we would have to put things into storage if we moved there. the master bedroom was made from the majority of the roof space so there wasnt even a lift space to speak of.
the idea of getting more bedrooms is very important but the downstairs space i think is even more important.
just have to keep on looking i guess.
well, went for weigh in today and was very honest with cdc. even confessed to her that i was tempted to pretend to be sick this week due to the obvious gain.
i was expecting about 8-10lbs gain as the last 3 days have been baddddddd (damn the krispy creme doughnuts :eek:).
well, i gained 6lbs. i know that sounds terrible ( and if i thought about it too much i would feel very down about it) BUT as far as im concerned this is the beginning, day one of my cd journey :)
im quite competitive so am using my family starting sw as a real challenge to me proving myself. i CAN do this. ive done it before i WILL do it again.

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl,

Gllad to hear you're feeling so positive. Is it tonight that your rellies start SW?

I think you're probably right about the house. We have 3 bedrooms which is fine as there are only four of us (another one would be nice though) but we only have 2 rooms downstairs, along with our bathroom. What I really struggle with is the downstairs living space, even though both rooms are a good size, I feel really constricted, particularly as the children get bigger and take up more room. We have permission to extend, but can't risk the expenditure at the moment as OH's work situation is uncertain.

Keep looking and the right place for you will come up soon.

C x

PS. When my DS was about 2, he took his soiled nappy off at the top of the stairs and slid all the way down on his bottom. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the fact that the carpet was pale beige and corded - I had to scrub those stairs for HOURS!!!!

C x

Children are beautiful aren't they!!!! Little man is now sulking because I won't sit in the right side of Jupiter (a pretend fire engine) whilst playing Fireman Sam... Mainly because i took advantage of being home all day and have been doing a massive clear out and am no where near done!

Hello peeps!

How have we all been doing today?

I've tried to restructure my timetable (eating-wise) today as I had a meeting about my DS's school trip at 9.00, had to go to a country dance festival for my DD's class (rather dull I must confess) at 12.00, and knew it would be difficult to fit CD in while I was out. I drank loads of water and tea/coffee first thing this morning and had my first meal, an orange chewy bar, at about 11.00. Fortunately there were no side/sound effects today :D. Had my second meal at about 4.00 and planning to have my supper at 7.00.

C x

hi ladies.
sure is quiet around here. :sigh:
well, yesterday i had a nasty migraine and am suffering from sinusitus at the moment.
however, this has actually helped me get through the first few days and im already showing a 3lb loss :D.
roll on thursday. cdc said i should lose about 10lbs. may be a little optimistic but hey, i like a challenge :).
hope u girls are well.

Hi Cheryl,

I was beginning to think you had all abandoned me. :confused:

Sorry to hear you are suffering at the moment. I had an op on my sinuses last December as I used to get 7 or 8 chronic sinus infections a year, so I know how you feel. This year I have had just one so far, which is a huge improvement.

Congratulations on the 3lb loss - I bet your Mum and sister haven't lost that much in two days :D. Keep strong, you're doing brilliantly.

C x

thanks clazz. i wouldnt abandon u :D. im here for the long haul.
sinusitus sucks. i was in bed for 5 hours yesterday with it, got to 4pm and i couldnt function. all my teeth on the right hand side were in agony and when i breathed in it was like breathing frozen air so i went to lie down after taking some strong pain meds.
i also get neuralgia and thought it was that at first. sooooo glad it isnt.
i bet my sister , mum and aunt havent managed to lose 3lbs between them yet. lol
im not hoping they do bad at all.... but im certainly hoping i do much much better. :p

Morning!

Cheryl are you on antibiotics for the sinusitis? It sounds as though you have an infection there - the toothache is a classic sign.

The foodie tests are starting to come thick and fast for me. Have managed to avoid most social situations for the first 3 weeks of the diet, but we're going to my parents for a family tea today and there will be a proper cream tea, chocolate biccies, tea cakes, flapjacks, the works! Although I've decided not to camp over half term because of my back injury, we are still going down to the campsite during the day and that will be very food and drink orientated. It's one of my brother's birthdays next weekend and he wants a family meal out on the Saturday! :sigh:

I think I can get through today and the camping on CD as my friends and my Mum know what I am doing - I just need strong willpower, but there's no way I can go out to a restaurant and just have water, so I guess I'm going to have to plan carefully and be very controlled over the quantity I consume.

Hi Emma, hope all is well with you. Haven't heard from you for a couple of days.

Chalkywinkle and JLK, would be good to hear from you too.

Fearless - where are you hun? I am assuming things have gone out the window diet-wise, but even so it would be good to know how you are doing generally. Sending you hugs (just in case you need them).

C x

Morning- I am alive and well. Still sticking to the ss but treating myself with some coke zero over the weekend. Can begin to feel myself shrinking now. My scales aren't showing much movement this week but I am not getting weighed until Thursday.

I have PCOS so I am going for laser hair removal on Thursday. It's in the same place as Cambridge so killing two birds with one stone.

Not sure what to do today - off to the flicks tonight to see hangover 2. Just have to keep occupied until then. I do miss Sunday roast dinners!

hi ladies.

still going strong . demons are knocking loudly but the door is firmly shut so far. :)
no clazz, not on antibiotics. havent bothered going to the docs. i go there often enough as it is. i will go if it doesnt settle by tuesday though.
ur doing so well with resisting the foods ur facing hun. well done.
hey chalky, nice to see u around. i have pcos (although no cysts are visible with scan but hormones show pcos) but i cant take metformin so have very bad facial hair which often depresses me. please let me know if the laser treatment makes a noticeable difference.
i havent had a period for almost 4 years now due to the pcos and only had an average of one period every 9 months before then.
im praying the weight loss will trigger something and they will start again.
just realised i sound like a right old demic on here:sigh:. a lot of the problems i have i feel are greatly worsened by my weight so hopefully it will be a totally different story once the weight is off.

Hello ladies, glad to report I managed to resist all yesterday's tea time goodies (phew), so still on track 100%.

Official weigh in is tomorrow, a day early this week as couldn't fit it in on Weds or Thurs, keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.

C x

Hello all! Well I well and truly lost it! Stuffed my face with what felt like all the food in the world :-( so today I have put myself back on sole source and sole source plus. I feel awful, I want to just go to bed and sleep the day away but I can't, have already had a driving lesson this morning and dealt with a still poorly little boy, one min he's fine and then the next he's out for the count :-( meant to be going to London tomorrow for the whole day to see some friends I haven't seen in a while but it looks like little man won't be at school tomorrow now so I won't be going :-( as the OH works full time so I have to stay home with him.

I'm not in a brilliant place right now and feel like the whole world just exhausts me but oh well, onwards and upwards!

X x x

hi ladies,

emma, im so sorry u arent doing so well. i suspected something was wrong with u being awol for the last few days. get urself back on track. u know after a few days u will be back in ketosis and feeling far better. u can do this. once u fall it is soooo hard to get back up and get ur head in the game BUT i can say from recent experience that after a few days it does get easier and easier. :)
clazz, well done hun. u r doing absolutely great. i envy u sometimes :)

i did a mid week weigh this morning. not due for official weigh in until thursday and already my scales are saying ive lost 7lbs :D. for 4 days work im pretty impressed to say the least.

Hey me fellow amiguettes :) sorry ive been gone so long, one day of hiding from the world turned into two and then onto a spiral. i doubled my dosage of my meds when i went to the docs and ive pretty much just slept and ate :-(. hope you are all okay- i have so much catching up to do on the thread! cheryl me lover ive gotten your pm just now sorry i didnt receive it before this site isnt connected to my main hotmail account!

Fearless xx

Back