2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

whoops sent too early doh. well done on having your tetra chick, really proud of you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

clazzac ive sent you a friend request xx

awe thanks hun. i was surprised i managed to be honest. we had to pop into tesco on the way home and the urge to grab something was overwhelming BUT i managed.... somehow.:D

ahhhh so i can confirm on kate then. lol

awe thanks hun. i was surprised i managed to be honest. we had to pop into tesco on the way home and the urge to grab something was overwhelming BUT i managed.... somehow.:D

ahhhh so i can confirm on kate then. lol

lol yeah havent seen her post on here for a while so kate get your butt back here :D

Good evening ladies how are you all??

I have not had a good day been feeling very down about my weight and the low loss on Monday plus keep looking at myself thinking I don't look any different my belly is not going down quick enough! And just keep thinking it's gonna take me so long to get to where I want to be.
I also think I will be due on soon as I'm loosing my temper quicker than normal and feel knackered today and generally crap :-(

Sorry in going off on one must be one of those off days

Good evening ladies how are you all??

I have not had a good day been feeling very down about my weight and the low loss on Monday plus keep looking at myself thinking I don't look any different my belly is not going down quick enough! And just keep thinking it's gonna take me so long to get to where I want to be.
I also think I will be due on soon as I'm loosing my temper quicker than normal and feel knackered today and generally crap :-(

Sorry in going off on one must be one of those off days

hi chick sorry to hear you are having a bad day- its your horrible period playing mind games with you, i know how horrible it is when its not letting you be optimistic and see the goodness! did you take any pictures of you at the beginning/take measurements? these might help you to see the change you have made already :) as i said before im just now catching up to the fact i have 3 stone gone, mad i know!! have you any outfits that you couldnt quite get into when you started diet? maybe putting one of them on will give you a boost, its what i do, even if i cant fit into it properly yet its good to see im a bit closer :) sending you big hugs, you arent alone xxxxxx

also hun if the bbcode didnt work go back on your lilyslim and click the get ticker code again try the html code and do the same as you did with the bbcode :)

Vickiet - am I right in thinking your loss this week was 2.5?
If so - you really shouldnt be down because of this. Some weeks where I've been 100% SS I've stayed the same or lost 0.5 or 1lb!
CD is amazing - but it is not a miracle cure. I don't mean to sound harsh - but if you don't realign your expectations - you might persuade yourself to come off the diet, or will spend the next few weeks/months feeling very miserable. And neither of those are a good option!
If you stick to the plan 100% then you'll lose about a stone a month. To be honest, I wouldnt care if I lost 13, 1, 0, 0 each month - as long as I got close to my average stone a month!
Stick with it - measure yourself - and celebrate every tiny achievement. You'll get there! Just don't want you to be miserable for the entire length of the journey!

Fearless said:
hi chick sorry to hear you are having a bad day- its your horrible period playing mind games with you, i know how horrible it is when its not letting you be optimistic and see the goodness! did you take any pictures of you at the beginning/take measurements? these might help you to see the change you have made already :) as i said before im just now catching up to the fact i have 3 stone gone, mad i know!! have you any outfits that you couldnt quite get into when you started diet? maybe putting one of them on will give you a boost, its what i do, even if i cant fit into it properly yet its good to see im a bit closer :) sending you big hugs, you arent alone xxxxxx

Thanks chick I think it's just one of those off days where in feeling tired a little irritable and insecure :-(

I have had a nice hot bath and feel better, I did my measurements on Monday and I have lost 8 inches all over and gone down a dress size so not bad for three weeks :)

Yup I'm gonna do my lilyslim and amigette just not on my laptop at the minute, thank you for the e-mail hopefully it will all go well lol

How are you feeling today? Any better?? How's the CD going?? Xx

Jayellekay said:
Vickiet - am I right in thinking your loss this week was 2.5?
If so - you really shouldnt be down because of this. Some weeks where I've been 100% SS I've stayed the same or lost 0.5 or 1lb!
CD is amazing - but it is not a miracle cure. I don't mean to sound harsh - but if you don't realign your expectations - you might persuade yourself to come off the diet, or will spend the next few weeks/months feeling very miserable. And neither of those are a good option!
If you stick to the plan 100% then you'll lose about a stone a month. To be honest, I wouldnt care if I lost 13, 1, 0, 0 each month - as long as I got close to my average stone a month!
Stick with it - measure yourself - and celebrate every tiny achievement. You'll get there! Just don't want you to be miserable for the entire length of the journey!

Yes I know what diet can you loose a stone a month and go down a dress size!
I think because I have had big losses I was expecting it to be good.

I think I'm just having an off day it's the first day I have been on a downer, been doing this for nearly 4 weeks so will be fine again tomorrow.

Bloody hormones are a pain in the ass :)

Thanks chick I think it's just one of those off days where in feeling tired a little irritable and insecure :-(

I have had a nice hot bath and feel better, I did my measurements on Monday and I have lost 8 inches all over and gone down a dress size so not bad for three weeks :)

Yup I'm gonna do my lilyslim and amigette just not on my laptop at the minute, thank you for the e-mail hopefully it will all go well lol

How are you feeling today? Any better?? How's the CD going?? Xx

Glad you are feeling a bit better hun, i just keep telling myself in the bad times this too shall pass- and it always just just doesnt always feel like it at the time!

8 inches is awesome, and a dress size! took me the three stone to move down a dress size, more the fact that i refused to wear bigger clothes and admit what size ide become and pretty much wore the same outfit everyday 'oh the shame lol'

feeling so so today, ohs on late today so he left at 10am and wont be back til half 10 so abit bleurgh gets really lonely at times especially as i wont let anyone see me like this and pretty much in the house all the time. Need to kick my butt into gear and get cracking on the house its been a tiup far too long, thats my aim this week :)

cd isnt good im switching to either sw or ww on friday and joining the gym, so we shall see how that goes!

Fearless said:
Glad you are feeling a bit better hun, i just keep telling myself in the bad times this too shall pass- and it always just just doesnt always feel like it at the time!

8 inches is awesome, and a dress size! took me the three stone to move down a dress size, more the fact that i refused to wear bigger clothes and admit what size ide become and pretty much wore the same outfit everyday 'oh the shame lol'

feeling so so today, ohs on late today so he left at 10am and wont be back til half 10 so abit bleurgh gets really lonely at times especially as i wont let anyone see me like this and pretty much in the house all the time. Need to kick my butt into gear and get cracking on the house its been a tiup far too long, thats my aim this week :)

cd isnt good im switching to either sw or ww on friday and joining the gym, so we shall see how that goes!

Yup when I think about I am doing really well I'm just having one of those days lol

I wish i lived closer then I could come see you and keep you company :)

That's good as I know you were not sure what way you was going to go SS is good as not too much weighing things out and the gym will be really good xx

Hello ladies,

Just got in and got kids off to bed. DD came down to say goodnight and said "I don't want you to get thin, you'll be all boney and not cuddly any more". :( I reassured her that it will be a long time (if ever) before anyone will be able to describe me as thin.

We've been down to the campsite we were supposed to be staying at to meet up with the friends who still going. I have to say, although I was sad not to be staying, it's really nice to know that I'll be sleeping in my own bed tonight. Still, we'll be back down there tomorrow for the day, the weather should be great (beautiful sunset tonight) and I don't have a tent to pack away.

Vickiet - sorry to hear you haven't had the best of days. If it's coming up to TOTM, that could be why your recent losses haven't been as good as you'd hoped, in which case you should get an extra boost soon.

Fearless and Emma - good luck with whichever programme you choose to move onto, just promise you won't abandon us!!! Have you thought about doing a mixture of the two, SW/WW for a few weeks then a week or two of CD to give you a little boost then back to SW etc? Or is that a really bad idea and me talking out of my backside?

JLK - how are you doing?

Blimey, I'm really pooped - too much fresh air me thinks.

C x

Great link

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey guys, ive been feeling really hungry tonight. however, i have been a good girl and just had extra water, nothing more :D.
weigh in tomorrow at 12pm. fingers crossed for a good weight loss to compete against my families first weigh in tomorrow night at sw :)

Good luck for WI cherylxx. Let us know how you get on.

Emma/Fearless - your plans sound good. Just keep your goals in sight as it should help you stay focussed.
Have either of you read Beck? I'm a big believer in it! It's definitely helped me so far.

So my (restart) day one is complete. Really hoping I'll be in ketosis soon as I was hungry yesterday. (though I was able to use the hunger pangs to practice my "being hungry doesn't kill you" exercise for Beck. (that's definitely not the real name of the exercise - but I don't have the book with me! Hehe))
I was FREEZING last night, so fingers crossed its on its way!
Stepped on the scales this morning for my naughty daily weigh - and I'm already down 4lb! So that supports my belief that my gain wasn't as big as the scales showed - most of it was dehydration.
Happy with that! Though its a two edged sword. I always tell myself to ignore my week 1 loss, as the majority of it is water loss, which I gain back the week I stop cd. It may be a bit pessimistic, but it means I don't have unrealistic expectations when I refeed! Works for me!

Another busy day at work today for me. What's everyone else upto?

Clazzac said:
Vickiet - I just came across this link on the "official" cambridge forum.

Why the scales can lie. - Low Carb Friends

It's quite long, but might make you feel a little better about your progress.

C x. :)

Omg that makes so much sense and a real good read! CDC should give this information out when you start so you know what may happen and not get disheartening

Thank you for this it has made me feel soooo much better
You ladies are a god send and this is why we are ALL gonna make it xxx

cherylxx said:
hey guys, ive been feeling really hungry tonight. however, i have been a good girl and just had extra water, nothing more :D.
weigh in tomorrow at 12pm. fingers crossed for a good weight loss to compete against my families first weigh in tomorrow night at sw :)

Ohh well done you are doing really well Cheryl, let us know how you do :) xxxx

Just popping in! Will post properly later! Wasn't at home last night and bad signal so lack of Internet!! Hope you're all well ladies :) x

Back