2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

Food Diary!

Monday (Today)
Skimmed milk
Cambridge tetra x2
A bag of snack a jacks
Trimmed unsmoked gammon steak
Iceburg lettuce
Jacket potatoe
Baked beans
Weight watchers country slice x2
Coke Zero
Total Calories (1041-89 for Exercise) = 952 :D woop woop!! under today! and I have no intention of having anything else today so I should stay under!

Looking forward to a healthy eating chicken korma tomorrow! :) got today under my belt, get tomorrow under it to and I should be on my way to doing ok. Don't think I'm going to get a loss this week, possibly a slight gain but working on getting it all on track now. Have set a goal for 7lbs loss in June but I think they may have been a bit ambitious, I'd be happy with 4.5/5, at least its still losing!

Cheryl, any news on the house?

Love love xxx

Last edited:
Emma, what a difference in the food diaries you've posted today vs your earlier ones. Keep it up, you're doing fabulously.

C x

hi girls,

well, i was tempted just to not post today ( maybe even the next few days ) but i guess if i post on here i might have a tiny chance of staying 100% on plan ( i am so far)
i wont bore u with details but this morning i went and put a £300 non refundable deposit down on the house and came away grinning from ear to ear.
an hour later and i was angry, upset and scared. not only do i suspect i am not going to be able to have the house but it looks like im set to lose my car and £110 per week.
i feel terrible, feel like life suddenly became a very dark place to be. :(
i dont know if it is because of the stress today or because i dont think ive even drunk a litre of water but several times this afternoon i came over real funny and thought i was about to pass out.
i am trying so hard not to turn to food and so far am managing but its sooo hard.
off to welfare rights tomorrow for some urgent advice.
sometimes life really sucks!

Oh Cheryl, what happened? Do you want to talk about it? More than happy for you to PM me if you would rather not do it publicly.

C x

well, where to start.
due to my health problems my partner had to leave work last january to become my full time carer.
i was granted high rate of mobility DLA (disability living allowance ) and medium rate for care . not sure if u know much about DLA but basically due to the high rate for mobility i was able to get a mobility car. also it was the fact i get medium rate for care that enabled my hubby to claim carers allowance and be there for my personal needs ' ashamed that i am not able to care for myself'.
well, july this year is when it is due for review.
the fact is that over the last 3 months (ironically since i lost weight) things have worsened painwise.
so i got a form from them about 8 weeks ago asking me whether things have gotten better or worse over the last year to which i said things were pretty much the same, pain slightly worse but no new conditions.
they then sent a form to my doctor for him to fill in.
today (after returning from the estate agents) i discovered a letter from the DLA stating that due to the evidence they have they are revoking all entitlement to DLA altogether. this means i would lose the car, the DLA and hubbys carers allowance, which also means he would HAVE to find work even though i cant physically manage without him here.
i went to the doctors this afternoon and he was astonished that they had stopped the benefit due to a form they signed. he said the forms they are given are non specific. they dont ask ' can this person climb stairs, can this person lift a pan of water' they simply ask ' what conditions does this person suffer from'
i am obviously going to appeal against the decision and have my doctor backing me. he advised i go to welfare rights as they are used to the appeals system and help lots of people with appealing such things.
however, i have been informed that an appeal can be lengthy and my benefit (and car) will still end in july.
then i am housebound until ..... who knows... when or if i win the appeal.
so the move is highly unlikely, looks like i just GAVE the estate agents a £300 gift and im now stuck in this pokey little house with 6 other people :cry:
i dont think i could feel more shitty than i do right now.

Don't go to the fridge/cupboard, that's nio going to solve anything and will only make you feel worse once the initial satisfaction has worn off, and then you will just beat yourself up for being weak.

Can they really switch off your benefits, just like that? I'm sorry, I have no knowledge of the disability allowance system, I can only tell you to stay out of the fridge. The diet is going well right now, so please don't sabotage it.

Feel free to vent as much as you like.

C x

sadly yes they can. my life is very much in their hands.:sigh:
if i lose the entire DLA allowance and dont win the appeal ( damn i cant even imagine that, it would be so unfair when so many ppl who arent really sick get it and i REALLY need help and may now lose it) there is a strong chance i will have to come off cd too.
the more i try to turn my life around the more crap i get thrown at me.

Can your GP do anything to get the appeal processed more quickly? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Grrrrr - I've got prickly heat all up my arms from last week's sun. They're itching like mad and I'm gonna have to take some more antihistamines. I'm desperate to go to bed but know I won't be able to settle with the itchiness. Plus, I've just thrown a full glass of water all over myself, the sofa and my iPad.

Take care and stay strong. 'til tomorrow.

C x

i hate prickly heat.
u could do with getting some ' Eurax cream'. it is awesome stuff. really good for the itch and has a cooling effect in the skin too.

hi hun im here so sorry to hear whats happened, if you pm me if you still on i can tell advise you about something else not sure if it will help or not xx

Cheryl I am so sorry you have my complete heartfelt thoughts... We're here for you to lean on should you need us x

Morning ladies,

I hope you're well today, cheryl how are you this morning? Hope you are feeling ok, we're currently going through an appeal for over a years worth of money for the OH that she was denied, the CAB is helping us with our case but it's taking a long time so you have my sympathy and my hopes that something can get sorted for you xxx

So, inspired by my food planning I have taken control of some other life aspects, the OH and I decided to deal with our financial matters head on... It scared the hell out of me to start doing it but once we were finished I felt a lot better, we don't have as much debt as we thought we did which is a plus and the OH is going to Argos to buy a cheapie printer today so we can get a financial statement and some letters printed off and we can move forward with it all, woke up this morning feeling calmer than I have in a long time :)

Off to the gym this morning and then driving lesson this afternoon and at son point between them am meeting my friend for a coffee which will be nice, we'll probably just have a rant about my lack of job, her son's dad an mutual friends! But it's nice to do! Picking the Little Man up at 4 and then home and healthy korma to make! Not sure what to do for Deven today maybe sausages, mash and veg... I can get him to eat a lot of different stuff but definitely not something like korma!!! Irritatingly he won't eat anything with a sauce or gravy but if course it's a different thing if it's spaghetti hoops or beans!!! ;-)

So, the question is... Jeremy Kyle and then gym or gym and no Jeremy!!?? Oh the tough decisions faced but the great unemployed!!!

Have a good day ladies

Xxxx

Hi everyone,

Did you manage to get some sleep last night Cheryl, hopefully you will be able to get some clarity and help with your situation today.

Emma, looks like you and your OH are really making some changes, that's such a good move.

I'm getting really frustrated now, my scales haven't moved this past week. I'm adding fibre to my water, but nothing's moving there either :ashamed0005: haven't had my official weigh-in this week, was supposed to be today but I have to take DD to a swim gala. Next week's had better be good, or else! :argh:

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing OK.

C x

Clazz as it's been a while since you've been could you not take a laxative?

Hope the swim gala goes well xxx

That did occur to me this morning, but I'm at work at the moment, I'll try and get to the pharmacy later. Any recommendations? :)

C x

I use the boots own ones, work well but you take them at night so they prep your body whilst you sleep and you go pretty much when you wake up in the morning but there are loads out there like senekot and stuff. X

Hi Emma, thanks for that. Congrats on the 1pm loss. C x

Evening ladies :)

Cheryl - god what a time you are having I really hope you can appeal and win! It's always the wrong people they take the money from and it makes me really angry, if there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to contact us.

Emma - you are doing fab and I'm loving the food diary can't wait until I can rat food again lol

Fearless - miss you came back soon although I will just keep stalking you by text he he :)

Clazzac - I have used senacot and that sorted me out lol although I find eating the bars keeps me regular :)
How's the weight loss going??

I had my WI last night and I lost 6lb and only need to loose another 6lb and them I have lost 2 stone! Not bad for four weeks eh :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back