2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

Hi Vickie, I was wondering where all the lovely ladies were this evening.

No developments since my earlier posts if you know what I mean ;). I did pop to the pharmacy and have some tablets to take at bedtime - i'm really looking forward to tomorrow. :(

My weigh in is rescheduled for tomorrow evening, so I hope this works.

Cheryl - how are things today? Any clarity?

Fearless, where are you Honey? Hope all is OK.

JLK - haven't heard from you for a while either, you alright?

Em - hi!

Take care all. C x

hey ladies,
emma, congrats on the 1lb loss hun. its so hard to create a plan and stick to it. ur doing great.

clazz, i got very little sleep but i really didnt expect to sleep well at all. re: toilet issues, u may have seen posts ive replied on in the past regarding my first experience of cd when i was forced to come off the diet by my doctor because i hadnt 'been' to the toilet in 15 days and was in agony and looked horribly bloated.
at that point he said i had to either come off the diet or be admitted to hospital for a 'manual evacutaion' :eek:.
this time around i have been more keen to take laxatives (although i certainly wouldnt take them everyday as i dont think we need that at all with what we are consuming).
i take movicol. it is gentle, easy to take and effective. the other thing to try is when u first get up in the morning try drinking a pint of HOT water (as hot as u can drink it). u must knock it back reasonably quick (no sipping on it for an hour). the hot fluid in the system helps to move things along.if ur already taking fibre and feel like u need to 'go' but arent managing it, u need to stop with the fibre until u sort the problem as the fibre will add to the problem right now. by all means, once u have been to the toilet carry on with the fibre ( i also use fibre everyday as well as psyllium husk capsules)

vickie: ur so sweet, thank you hun.

i have an appointment to go and see welfare rights tomorrow at 12 o'clock to help with an appeal ( apparantly u r 3 times more likely to win an appeal with their help)
i cant say i feel great right now as that would be a lie but as with all the other crap life throws at me, somehow it will be ok, never brilliant but ok is better than how i feel now.
i went back to the outside of the house this morning and just cried. i dont know if we will get it or not now. i can only pray.
i still want that house, every inch of my body ( and there are a lot of inches ;)) wants that house.

Hi Cheryl

Sorry I didn't follow up on your last post. I took myself off to bed. Warning, next part of post could contain TMI for those of you of a delicate disposition!

Well, today I am feeling absolutely sh**e - literally!!! Took dulcolax supp yesterday at about 3.30, after school run with limited success about 30 mins later. Took DD to swim gala and got back about 8.30, still nothing more, by 11.30 nothing else had happened, so took two of the overnight tabs, expecting to wake up with the "urge", but nothing. Had a (strong for me) black coffee and then things started to move a little, but again, not a lot. About 30 mins later, OMG :eek::eek::eek: really bad cramps and have gone from one extreme to the other. Have not gone into work this morning as tummy is really bad and so bloated. Feel nauseous and still getting cramps but have had my shake and some fibre in my water. I've just checked the packet and discovered that I got dulcolax tabs instead if dulcoease :sign0007: what an idiot!

Feel really crummy, hope this goes away soon.

C x

Good Morning Ladies!

Clazz are you ok??? whats the difference between the two meds? sending you big hugs and hoping you feel better soon xxx

Cheryl any news? hope your appointment goes well with the welfare advisor. Have you made any decisions on the house yet? will you get any council tax/housing benefit help at all? How have you done with the diet?

Fearless...Fearless...where are you!!??

Vik how's your day so far? any good?

Well...official weigh in time this morning...and I have lost.. 3lbs!!! woo hoo!!!! I'm really really pleased bearing in mind the shocking end of last week that I had and the over eat of calories! It was really the boost that I needed and has really encouraged me to keep going with the plan that I have set myself.

Food Diary time!

Tuesday
Skimmed milk
Vanilla Cambridge shake
2 slices of WW brown bread
Flora
Chocolate Tetra
Snack a jacks sweet chilli
3 x WW Country cake slice
WW Korma sauce
White rice
Skinless chicken breast
1/2 Viennese chocolate biscuit
2x smartie cookie
2 Finger Kitkat
Fruit & Barley Summer Fruit juice
Total Calories - (1391-394 for Exercise) = 997 woop woop!! however I can so see where nutritionally I went wrong yesterday...I was obviously having a sweet tooth day and I am clearly unable to buy the Little Man smartie cookies as I eat them! bloody good job I killed myself at the gym really!!

Got gammon again tonight, thats what you get for it being on offer!!! going to have some swede and carrott mash with it and do some slimming world chips simply because every supermarket worker in Crawley looks at me as if I've come from another planet when I ask for Celeriac... so I can't do celeriac chips :cry: which I love!!

So, I was wondering if any one had any low cal/low fat food ideas from any diets they have done in the past (sorry to post about food!)? am looking for meals that the whole family can eat otherwise I'm the one stuck in the kitchen making three different meals! Brilliantly for me at the moment the Little Man is on a total fruit kick, for breakfast this morning he had apple, grapes and strawberrys with yogurt because that was what he asked for! so luckily its not too much of a stretch for him to eat a healthy which is good!

Hope you all have a good day.

Love love!

hey ladies.
clazz, ouch, i feel for u. i cant take dulcolax dulcoease or senna as these all give me terrible cramps. i guess the silver lining is that u managed to 'go' although a more gentle approach would have been kinder to urself. hope the tummy problems pass soon. i would imagine u will be fine by tomorrow if it is caused by the dulcolax.

emma, woohoo for u hun. well done on the 3lbs loss. looking at the scales this morning it looks like im going to lose around the same amount as u this week and ive been 100% with NO food :sigh: oh well!!
i dont know how i have managed to stay on plan but somehow i have (so far). quite proud of myself actually. :D
as for low fat/cal foods im a sw girl at heart so over the years ive conjured up many a family meal and picked up many from others although i do have my favourites.
really depends on what type of foods u enjoy.some of my favourites are:
syn free quiche (no pastry)
chilli kicked sausages wrapped in bacon
homemade low fat garlic chicken kievs
chicken fillets in tomato basil and garlic sauce
chick pea dahl (yumm, low fat, low cholesterol yummy curry)
if u would like recipes for any of these, just let me know.

oooo recipe for the kievs please!!!! and well done for staying 100%! thats brilliant :) x

Hi there,

Thanks for your good wishes. Feeling a bit better this afternoon, but still not right. Oh well, I've learn my lesson, dieting isn't just about making the right food choices, it's about making the right laxative choices too. :p

Cheryl, how did your 12 o'clock appt go? Has it left you feeling any more positive? Well done for staying on plan, you're doing really well.

Emma, loved yesterday's food diary, I really helps you to see where the calories are adding up, doesn't it. Sounds line you're doing really well at th gym too.

I shall post later with the results of my weigh in. Think it'll be 3lbs if I'm lucky, even though I've been 100% all the way apart from Saturday's SS+ meal.

C x

ok, to make chicken kievs (for 3 i presume?) u will need:

3 plump chicken fillets
9 laughing cow light triangles
3 cloves fresh garlic
1 heaped tsp parsley
3 rashers bacon (this is optional but is easier with the use of bacon)
6 cocktail sticks or skewers.

start by using a fork to mash down the laughing cow into a soft paste (using them at room temperature makes this much much easier).
crush the garlic into the mixture and add the dried or chopped parlsey and mix well.
make an incision down the side of each chicken breast creating a cavity large enough to hold a good tablespoon of the garlic mix.
fill each chicken breast equally with the garlic cheese mixture.
use the bacon (although i prefer back bacon in general, streaky bacon tends to work best in this case) to wrap the chicken , holding the filling in place, then use the cocktail sticks to skew each breast to stop the bacon from unraveling.
at this stage i like to dry fry (using a small amount of frylight spray) to seal the meat and brown the bacon slightly although this is not essential.
place in a preheated oven at 200oc/400f/gas mark 6 for 25 minutes,
check the chicken is red hot and cooked through before serving with healthy choice of vegetable and enjoy. :D
omg im kinda drooling here. i could soooo eat that right now. lol
hope u enjoy it emma. its VERY low fat

Last edited:
good luck with the weigh in clazz, 3lbs would be an awesome loss. it looks like im going to get the same result tomorrow . it must be 3lb week if we all get it. lol

at the meeting today the woman was gobsmacked just by seeing me and my obvious needs that they have stopped my DLA. she was saying how they have changed so many things and now the people who seriously do depend on the help are made to suffer BUT we are fighting it.
i have already asked for a reconsideration and now she has helped me start the ball on an official appeal (which can be lengthy but ultimately puts me at a greater chance of winning).
everytime i think about it all i feel sick to the stomach and feel very panicky.
not sleeping well and have the world of all headaches now.
i have a continuous headache as a result of an accident some years ago but when im stressed it turns into nasty migraines.
havent been sick yet but have been to bed this afternoon for a few hours as i was seeing flashing lights and floaters (things floating around in front of me) and was getting very hypersensitive to light so i went in the bedroom and dozed in the darkness.
i also keep feeling kinda dizzy. ya know when ur drunk and u feel like the world tips and ur unsteady. well i keep getting that and thats a new one for me.... and i dont like it i must say. :sigh:
Anyhow, i am still surprising myself by staying strictly 100%. perhaps im just too down to eat anyway ( im dont think ive ever had that before either, ive always managed to eat no matter how down i feel :p)

Evening ladies

Well I'm not feeling so hood today in fact all week keep going cold and a bit shaky then warming up, headache and feeling tired :-(
Am thinking it's the CD but not 100% sure any ideas ladies

Did I tell you this weeks WI?? I lost 6lb and am 6lb off two stone :)

Cheryl - glad your appointment went well and it sounds more positive let's hope you can appeal and win we are right behind you and I will happily give them what for if you want lol :)
The receipe for chicken Kiev sounds yum yum will defo do that once I am eating again

Clazzac - poor you I hope you feel better soon, maybe remember for next time :)
Hope the weigh in goes well let us know

Emma - love the food diary it makes me feel hungry and I soooo can't wait to have food but it looks like you are doing really well :)
Did you do the chicken Kiev??

Fearless is doing ok I have texted her ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Very glum. :(

I haven't even lost a single pound. I'd better get a good loss next week or else. Grrrrrrr!

Clazzac said:
Very glum. :(

I haven't even lost a single pound. I'd better get a good loss next week or else. Grrrrrrr!

Ohh no it's bloody crap when you don't loose but I bet you do have a better loss next week :) xx

Oh Clazz :cry::sigh: it sucks, do you think its your bowels? Maybe next week it will catch up with you, did you lose inches?

Vik well done on your loss thats really good! haven't tried the kievs yet, going to give them a go next week. Is it still ok to do my food diary? don't want to upset anyone or make them hungry!! especially if anyone is struggling! Why hasn't fearless come on? I don't have her mobile number so can you give her a text for me and tell her that I hope she is well and I miss her!

Cheryl thanks for the recipe it sounds sooo good, definately going to give it a go! yum yum!

I've been bad today, forgot to have any cambridge products! I really should keep them up as they are a really good source of nutrients...just totally forgot and then ran out of calories! :sigh:

Hope everyone is ok will post food diary tomorrow if thats ok!?

Love love

xxx

Vik well done on your loss thats really good! haven't tried the kievs yet, going to give them a go next week. Is it still ok to do my food diary? don't want to upset anyone or make them hungry!! especially if anyone is struggling! Why hasn't fearless come on? I don't have her mobile number so can you give her a text for me and tell her that I hope she is well and I miss her!

Of course I like reading your food diary and if it keeps you on the straight and narrow then I don't have a problem

Yup will text her and ask her to send us a post :)) xx

awe clazz im so sorry hun. i know from experience that when u deserve a loss and dont get it , it can be very disheartening.
the thing to remember is that scales are stupid. they cant tell the difference between fat and water. u HAVE burnt fat this week but sadly u probably retained water due to the constipation and then ur body reacting to the sudden onset of diarrhea.
im sure it will reflect in next weeks loss though and then it will be worth it. :)
been talking to hubby tonight and think we made a decision.
we are still hoping to go for the house ( a house like that isnt gonna come up very often, especially one that accepts housing benefit and will allow pets).
however, after the housing benefit we r left having to pay an extra £100 per month towards the rent.
realistically there is a chance i may have to come off cd for a few months whilst i fight this appeal for the DLA.
this will be a final resort but its one i may have to face.
if this happens i will go on sw in the few months i would have to leave cd and then (providing i win the appeal) will jump back on cd to finish.
it does mean i wont be where i wanted to be by my sisters wedding but i will still be on my way there.

congrats vickie. what an AWESOME loss :woohoo:

Hi ladies, thanks for all your kind words. Of course I'm disheartened with my non-loss when I know that I've been totally on top of the diet from day one. I shall keep going, wait for next week's weigh in and put this week behind me.

Cheryl, you're sounding more positive about things this evening, which is really good to hear. It's great that the advisor is completely behind you and guiding you in the right direction.

Emma, I love reading your food diaries and don't have a problem with you posting them here. The chicken Kiev does sound incredibly good!

Vickie, congratulations on your 6lb loss, I'm really pleased for you (and just a tad jealous :p).

Take care everyone, I'm off to bed now.

C x

Cheryl if you have to come off you won't leave us will you? we would miss you terribly if you stopped posting here! If you go onto SW maybe we could help each other? CD is a terrible financial drain sometimes isn't it, it did kind of have an affect on my decision to do healthy eating as well.

:DPleased that you all don't mind about the food diary, it keeps me sane posting it up!

love love

xxx

Cheryl if you have to come off you won't leave us will you? we would miss you terribly if you stopped posting here! If you go onto SW maybe we could help each other? CD is a terrible financial drain sometimes isn't it, it did kind of have an affect on my decision to do healthy eating as well.

:DPleased that you all don't mind about the food diary, it keeps me sane posting it up!

love love

xxx

leave you? not a chance. u couldnt get rid of me if u tried. :D
as far as im concerned i didnt simply find diet buddies on this thread, i found friends :D
as for helping each other if it comes to me coming off cd for a while, its a deal. :)
it would be bloody typical if i had to come off now, just after i finally got my head in the right place :rolleyes:
cd can be a financial strain, however, im not sure how much money (if any) i would save doing healthy eating ( such as sw). ashamed to say but i do have a very large appetite :eek: and so i eat a LOT of fruit and veg on sw which can still add up over the course of the week.

by the way, im off to the doctors again tomorrow. gonna ask him for a letter of support, explaining that i really do require day to day help from hubby and why i require it. better to be armed with any evidence i can get hold of i reckon.

Glad to hear you're not going anywhere Cheryl, we'd really miss you.

I agree with you about food bills. Even though I'm doing CD, there hasn't really been a reduction in the cost of our weekly shop. If I had to up the amount of fresh fruit and veg required for a more conventional diet, it would add considerably to the bill as I find fruit and veg to be really expensive.

Well, here's wishing everyone a good diet day.

C x

Back