2011 new members

Status
Not open for further replies.

IreneH

Gold Member
As 2011 approaches, is now the time to think about the new you?

We all want to do something about our weight and the beginning of a year is a good time to start.

Please start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself. Also if you have any questions either about the site or a diet we will try to answer them.

Also suggest you start a diary thread in the section of your diet so others can support you as we all need lots of support.

Irene xx

Last edited:
Hi
I tried xenical when I was on WW and it did help me make sensible choices as I didn't want the runs. Have a look at the xenical section to see how others have lost weight with it.

Irene xx

I will do, Thanks

I tried it once but erm never lost any weight on even though I was careful... the dr said I didn't have enough fat in my diet to start with... so sadly took it for months for nothing.... but at least I tried!

Hope it works for you :)

newbie.....

Hi Irene & all, being new i spent some time looking arround & it seems at the mo lots & lots of useful info. I am following SW at home. Have tried using their online membership in the past & am always thinking bout goin to group but money`s tight u know, so i refer to the mags. About 5 yrs ago i lost 4 stone this way but have put it all back on. Every time i begin to make progress some issue`s crop up i hope to find inspiration & the magic support here,

best wishes to all on the journey X
dottyone.:)

Hi all,
I joined a slimming world group last night and I am determined to lose the weight for a holiday in June. It's about time I stopped using my daughter as an excuse - she is 2 1/2 lol! :)
Good luck to you all!
Katie xx

Hello,

I started back on slimming world last Tuesday. I'm not going to a club as I find this site just as good as! I originally started SW Early 2008 and lost 3.5st. I have then wavered in and out of it but back on it for good now after putting a stone on! Me, my best friend and my brother are doing it together, we have our own SW note pad and have bought some stickers for encouragements! We have decided to make it a bit more fun by adding a bit of competition. Whoever loses the least has to cook dinner for us all the following weigh in Tuesday. I must say, even only being back on the diet for a week I feel much better already and we're all excited to get on the scales tonight and see what we've all lost!! Good luck everyone! :)
xx

Hello everyone Im following slimming world, lost 20.5 pounds since joining in september had a gain of 2.5 pound over christmas but am back on track now after going to class this week, I find going to class really motivates me, I have also been back to the gym yesterday for the 1st time in over a month. Am new to this site it seems really good xx

hi, i just joined here today so getting used to it all :)
im Rachel, 22 from Liverpool. i'm doing WW and need to lose quite a fair bit. Lost 3.5lbs in my first weigh in this week, so hopefully i'll maintain that amount of loss each week :)
x

Hi everyone,
Christmas now a distant memory... except when I put on my jeans.

Currently trying to get back into s/w but lacking motivation and energy hence I have found myself here.

I have my beautiful niece's wedding coming up in the summer and I am determined to be wearing something not black and baggy.

Exercise needs to be moved higher up my list of priorities in a busy life. Haven't exercised regularly for 10 years since my 1st boy was born and I just want to feel better.

Good Luck everyone.

hello all. I am following the slimming world diet from home as last year i lost 5 stone but have since put 2 back on.
I am so glad ive found this site as it is amazing and such a help.
Im only a week in but feel so much better already.Im jackie by the way.

hi everyone

i'm new to the site but not new to trying to lose weight!

i'm doing SW and have been for a year now i had lost 1 stone 8lb but i've had a gain over xmas so i am getting back on track and a member from my group who has reached target told me about this site and how helpful she has found it so thought i would check it out, so far i'm loving the recipe section but havent had a chance to look at much else yet....cant wait to have a mooch around!!

kirsty

Hi

Hi, im not sure if i'm posting in the right area, just found this site today. I found out i had managed to lose a stone over xmas without even trying and its spurred me on to be the size 10 i used to be (id be happy with a 12-14!!). i am trying xenical at the moment, following a diet and using dvd workouts and weights as i dont feel comfortable enough to join a gym just yet?

Last edited:
I just joined this site today never been on a forum before been doing sw for about 8 weeks and lost 13lbs but then put 2 back on since Xmas need to get back into the swing of it again as I want my first stone sticker!! Getting weighed tomorrow so wish me luck!! X

Welcome onboard to all the newbies :) my first weigh in tonight!! Good luck with your weight loss everyone! Xx

Hi. Started the SW 7 days ago. Not going to the meetings, just bought the starter pack of ebay for 99p. Lost 3lb last week so hopefully this is going to work. Would like to lose 5 stone in totally. The weight i was 10 years ago, but after having 2 kids the weight has crept up. Also my love of nice foods hee hee.

bigpixie said:
Hi. Started the SW 7 days ago. Not going to the meetings, just bought the starter pack of ebay for 99p. Lost 3lb last week so hopefully this is going to work. Would like to lose 5 stone in totally. The weight i was 10 years ago, but after having 2 kids the weight has crept up. Also my love of nice foods hee hee.

Good luck :) make sure u check out the recipe topic on here, there's always nice ideas! And slimming world have a page on facebook if ur on there too! Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back