2012 mission: 11 stone hot body :)

Sorry it's been so long! Everything has been manic with work, sorting new house etc! I have literally hovered around 16 stone 4 so hasn't been too bad. I am weighing in this afternoon though so will update you all later :)

Sorry I have been away for so long! I am currently back up to 16 stone 6 but means I am still a stone down woo hoo. I am determined this time to lose weight for good, hoping to follow the slimming world at home without going to the meetings as I have the books as I have been to one meeting before :) If anyone out there can give me some good tips or food ideas I would be super grateful! I am back guys so watch out ;)

Princess-Jader said:
Sorry I have been away for so long! I am currently back up to 16 stone 6 but means I am still a stone down woo hoo. I am determined this time to lose weight for good, hoping to follow the slimming world at home without going to the meetings as I have the books as I have been to one meeting before :) If anyone out there can give me some good tips or food ideas I would be super grateful! I am back guys so watch out ;)

Hey..dont know if this is the most recent post as my phone tells me there are more page but i can't go to them. Well done on keeping that stone off and on picking up slimming world! Im on that too so if you have any queries then just ask. Good luck!

Thank you Amyz :) yea that is the most recent post lol. I see you are doing really well, well done!! :) I shockingly lost 3 pounds this week but not doing slimming world because decided to keep at what I was doing but just upping the exercise etc :D So yea...

​Sat 12th May - 3 pounds down woooooo :D

Whoop well done!

Thank you both of you, I am sooo happy. I am planning to join up to the gym which is just across the road from my work and is a 24/7 gym! Honestly super excited and can't wait to get back into the gym, have missed it. I am joining at the end of the month after payday to give me the extra boast I need at this point of my weight loss journey x

Today has been okay so far ish! Didn't have brekkie as usual and had 2 fish finger rolls for lunch containing 4 fish fingers all together without butter and that's all :) would really love to lose 4 pounds so I get into the 15s because that would be super exciting!! :)

Sorry, I have got terrible at updating on here but rest assured I am still on my weight loss journey - slow and steady wins the race :D

I haven't weighed for few weeks due to manic time with studying and doing extra hours at work etc but managed to weigh today where I am another 2 pounds down bringing my total loss to 1 stone 5 pounds yaaaay!!! Yes it may have taken since 2nd October but at least I am going in the right direction!

Well done. Keep going!!

I haven't given up - I am stuck in a rut but haven't gained any weight which is a bonus x

this forum is amazing, full of inspirational people like you , keep it up sweetie x

Hello!

I've read through your diary and whilst I admire your tenacity and optimism a few things strike me - hope you don't mind if I comment ?

Your diet is not good. You are eating things like bread , baguettes , super noodles , quavers . You are regularly skipping meals. Your diet is very carb heavy and overly processed. This is why your losses are minimal. I'd suggest lowering those carbs and upping your protein . So an omelette for breakfast, fresh fruit or a small handful of nuts to snack on. Proper meals that don't revolve around pasta or baguettes.

This brings me on to my second observation - I think you'd benefit from the structure of a class - be it SW or WW or whatever really. This would educate you on what it is to properly change your eating habits and it would be a good support for you - someone there to advise you etc.

I understand the struggles of weight loss and I have a life long love of the carb - but it's learning what a healthy diet is and how eating the right foods can benefit you in terms of proper weight loss , that will make all the difference to you .

Best of luck

GretaGrip said:
Hello!

I've read through your diary and whilst I admire your tenacity and optimism a few things strike me - hope you don't mind if I comment ?

Your diet is not good. You are eating things like bread , baguettes , super noodles , quavers . You are regularly skipping meals. Your diet is very carb heavy and overly processed. This is why your losses are minimal. I'd suggest lowering those carbs and upping your protein . So an omelette for breakfast, fresh fruit or a small handful of nuts to snack on. Proper meals that don't revolve around pasta or baguettes.

This brings me on to my second observation - I think you'd benefit from the structure of a class - be it SW or WW or whatever really. This would educate you on what it is to properly change your eating habits and it would be a good support for you - someone there to advise you etc.

I understand the struggles of weight loss and I have a life long love of the carb - but it's learning what a healthy diet is and how eating the right foods can benefit you in terms of proper weight loss , that will make all the difference to you .

Best of luck

Hi,

Thank you for your comment, I am always open to opinions and advice! However I am a firm believer in different diets work for different people and everyone's bodies are different. I was recommend a high carb by my doctor few years ago and I have never seen results like it before and it worked for me! However my friend wanted to follow it as I lost a stone in first month but she lost hardly anything. So just goes to show, there is no 'set' diet that fits all people! Yes I have a very odd diet due to being a fussy eater but this is not a weakness and I have found ways round my horrendous small amount of foods I like to ensure I am still losing weight which in my eyes is a fantastic achievement alone, not many people can eat what I eat n lose weight. I am still 1 stone 5 pounds done and kept this steady for couple of months and now plagued by a horrible sickness n sore throat bug which is never good. But yes once again, I appreciate your comments and advice and always open to it.

And thank you very much sweetest-syn, it's these comments that keep people motivated and proud x

Forgot to mention, me and fiancé have booked holiday abroad in feb so really wanna lose a bit more in time for this xx

Oh I'm not having a pop at you - merely saying something a little more constructive than 'well done hun' as it's always better to be given a fresh perspective as opposed to some hair stroking and platitudes. Like I said, I admire your tenacity and optimism.

Yes, you have lost weight and yes, different diets work for different people. It is unusual for a doctor to recommend high carb as it goes against the grain of what we now know about food/weight loss/etc but there must have been good, solid reasons for this.

If you're happy with your results then that is the main thing.

All the best!

Back