2013 will be the lucky year for me

no that's me putting in things I've simply eaten so it's actually: yoghurt, fruit, chocolate (2.5) not all together I'm just lazy with commas as I know what it means to me!

04/07/13

B: eggs
L: soup salad potato salad (1) ham veg
D: soup salad pasta burgers(2) veg
SN: yoghurt yoghurt (1) crisps (4) chocolate (2.5)
Hexa: milk
Hexb: cereal
Drink: tea squash
Total: 10.5

Last edited:
05/07/13

B:
L: soup salad tuna mayo (1) veg pasta
D: soup salad couscous
SN: meringue (2.5) yoghurt yoghurt (1) crisps (4) fruit
drink: squash tea
total: 8

06/07/13

B:
L: soup salad pasta salad ham
D: soup salad tuna mayo (1) veg
SN: meringue(2.5) yoghurt yoghurt (1) fruit ice poles (1) sorbet (4)
drink: tea squash
Total: 9.5

07/07/13

B:
L: soup salad pasta ham
D: soup salad burger (2)
SN: fruit yoghurt yoghurt (1) crisps (4) choc (2.5)
Drink: beer (2)
Total: 11.5

08/07/13

Day off as ran into a mate that I haven't seen since April and needed to be supportive. So pizza (healthy one, butternut squash and feta) and a beer. Life happens and I'm nto fussed I gained weight this week. It will come off again!

09/07/13

B:
L: soup salad tuna mayo (1) veg pasta
D: soup salad veg cabbage burgers (2)
SN: yoghurt (0.5) meringue (2.5) ice poles (1) crisps (4)
Total: 11

08/07/13

Day off as ran into a mate that I haven't seen since April and needed to be supportive. So pizza (healthy one, butternut squash and feta) and a beer. Life happens and I'm nto fussed I gained weight this week. It will come off again!

This is a brilliant attitude and one that I have found works the best. Life does happen and being a good friend is important! You are in control and paying attention, and I honestly think that is all it takes :).

Thank you for that. I think there are times that I get a little disheartened over all. I've been doing this since the 1st of Jan, did only green and only lost 4lbs in 3 months even though I followed the rules explicitly. I then switched to EE and since the fist of April I've lost 7lbs. Things with me are really slow and I see people hitting half stone in a month and less. There are times I wish I could speed up my weight loss, but I have no idea how. I eat mostly superfree, I exercise at least 5 times a week, and I don't eat that much junk. I'm slightly at a loss as what I need to do to help myself out.

I guess if I look at it, I've almost lost a stone since the beginning of the year. At this rate it will take me 3 yrs at least to get to where I want to be, which is ok, but honestly I can't figure out what is the difference between me and everyone else. Actually I think it is my subconscious working against me again as I had been hypnotised in the past and one of the things that we figured out is that my weight issues are related to my somewhat verbally/emotionally abusive past and in order to protect myself my subconscious decided that keeping weight on would do that for me. So even though I follow the plan, I think my brain is stopping me as it's trying to protect me.

Might have to start listening to my disks again to see if I can get my brain to work with my body. Will try that tomorrow and see if it helps, it can't hurt!

I know exactly what you mean. I have been seeing a psychotherapist since January and it has been fantastic. I am a different woman, physically and emotionally. Recommended. :)

As for the plan- perhaps if you could fill out your diary with a little more detail we would be able to help/ suggest tweaks? At the moment it is hard to see exactly what you are eating, whether your soup is homemade, etc... I know it's a chore!

soup is homemade, I make a batch that lasts about 3 days then make another one. I think I might just have to cut down on portions a bit, I've always found that the most difficult bit of eating. I wasn't one to eat much junk before anwyays, it was the portions that was more than likely the issue.

10/07/13

B:
L: soup (homemade) half packet of pasta and sauce, ham, salad & veg
D: soup (homemade) burgers (1) sauce (1) savoy cabbage, potato salad (1)
SN: fruit yoghurt (0.5) ice poles (1) crisps (4)
total: 8.5

Hmm . Your diaries are exemplary and I don't understand why you are not losing. Portion size shouldn't really be a factor, in my experience. I doubt you eat more than I do!

Have you considered mixing your meals up? You seem to eat a lot if the same things each day. Variety is important as well, I have found- but I am also aware that if I like something I can eat it every day...

I am frustrated for you because you deserve to do well.

You don't need to be frustrated for me, it's the way it's going and I'm happy that it's coming off even if it is mega slow.

I have a tendency to stick to certain things till I get bored of them and then I'll try something else. I won't tell you that I literally spent 6 months eating veggie couscous in some form or another every day until I got bored of that. I go through phases where I will change things up and then go through phases where I stick to certain things.

I guess it's because I don't find cooking interesting or enjoyable at all. I do it because I have to do it. I've even taken cooking courses to see if I can find an interest in it. In the end I have a lovely set of different recipes, learned lots of new skills, but still no interest in it. Baking on the other hand is a completely different story, I love everything about baking particularly the process (I always give it away at work etc). I have no passion for cooking, whereas baking has my heart.

I know I should mix it up, but to be honest there are no real recipes from SW that interest me to try. The last one I did was pulled pork and my mate really liked that one, I thought it was really nice as well, but when I look through others diaries and the recipe section, there isn't anything that takes my fancy to try. I like food, I like different cultures food, I just don't find the recipes that interesting to try. Plus I guess some of it has to do with money at the moment, I've cut chicken out of my diet cause I can't afford it so I am eating tinned tuna to get my protein instead.

I will admit I'm more of a picker, I like lots of little bits of different things which is why tapas really excites me. As much as I like a roast chicken and all the bits that go with it, I'd much rather salady things, some meat, some olives or stuff like that, and be able to have lots of variety rather than a 'meal.' Probably why all my meals at the moment are at least half a plate of salad and veg with some other meal type things with. I also think it's the time of year, I always do this at this time of year where it's mostly salad with other stuff. I rarely go out to eat and I have done so i think 3 times this year whereas I usually average that per year. Cosmo has opened up and that really excites me because it's try lots of different options from all over. Now if I could have these people in my kitchen all the time making little bits of everything I'd be in heaven.

If you have any ideas to get me to find cooking interesting in any way throw them at me, or recipes or anything. I'm quite happy to give things a bash. I know, I'm weird!

11/07/13

B:
L: soup (homemade) salad veg tuna
D: soup (homemade) tacos (10.5) salad
SN: fruit yoghurt (0.5)
Hexb:cereal
Drink: squash tea
Total: 11

Last edited:
Argh, you are so brilliant! Calm about weight loss time, tried you best to get an interest in cooking...even your food obsessions are healthy! (i like veggie couscous a lot :) )

I don't know what to suggest. I suppose the danger with grazy-tapas type meals is that they tend to spill over from a plateful. I know that the actual length of time I spend eating my evening meal is important to me...I want it to last as long as possible.

As for things to try...did you make the 2 syn roulade yet? Unbelieveable. I had it with sf ss berries so it was actually helping me!

hahahaha, I know I'm weird. I guess the best way to look at it is if it is coming off very slowly I should be able to maintain it once it does come off.

No I haven't, I haven't had much SW sweets as I'm trying to get rid of my sweet tooth. Thing is I have recently discovered that if I eat sweetner in large quantities such as cakes or adding it to yoghurt like I was to make the flavours taste better I sleep really badly and have slight mood swings. So I have cut it out other than the muller yoghurt, squash as those quantities don't seem to do anything.

Maybe it was the make of the sweetner

Last edited:
12/07/13

B: eggs, yoghurt (0.5)
L: ham salad
D: tacos (10.5) salad
SN: fruit yoghurt
Hexa: cheese
Hexb: ryvita
Drink: squash
total:11

Yes aspartame is getting a lot if bad press on this forum. I've switched to the asda own brand which is not as sweet but is only a pound and aspartame free. Weaning myself off the other ( although I still guzzle diet coke about 4 times a week).

You are lucky not to have a sweet tooth. I am a Slavs to Cadbury :)

Back