2014 is the year of the skinny Panda- SW Green Food Diary

Sorry took so long I've just got home.

In my book its 2 syns per 100g :)

Hope that helps. Not too naughty x

just keep swimming just keep swimming :)

I did :) was 100% all day although nearly cried when they brought out a very lovely looking cake!!
I just went down the slide instead with all the kids. Much more fun :)

Any other values you need let me know x

Todays food

Breakfast - rice pudding
Lunch - ravioli on toast HEXB & 4 syns
Tea - fish bake HEXA, HEXB & 5 syns
Snacks - carrot sticks and fruit

Fish bake recipe

Tin of tuna HEXB
Bisto white sauce granules ( 4 syns for 100ml)
Peas
Sweetcorn
Mash
42g reduced fat cheese HEXA

put the tuna and veg into the white sauce with the veg in the bottom of a casserole dish
Top with cheesy mash (saving a little cheese for the top for crunchy crispy topping)
Bake in the oven at 180°c until top is crispy and its warm throughout

Proper comfort food that is quick and easy and its one of my favourite meals.

Also great for kids.

Obviously the tuna can be replaced with other fish for a mariners pie which is amazing too but kids are too picky :)

Tomorrow is a whole new day so don't worry too much. :)

Positivity is just as important as anything else :)

So made the mistake of watching the lake house last night. Bit too close to home for my liking so had my weekly meltdown and scrawled several pages of smush to Mr Panda.

Then just to top off the sabotage i ate a bag of crisps, 2 penguin bars and some peanuts!

Oh dear.

But rehydrated and back to it this morning. Today is a whole new day.

Breakfast - raspberry and Cranberry rice pudding
Lunch - smoked mackerl, cous cous and salad HEXB
Tea - Chicken and bacon pasta bake HEXA & HEXB (4 syns)
Snacks - fruit and carrot sticks

I know its only one bad blip and its the first in a week so will just not use my syns for a couple of days.

My own fault for watching a sandra bullock film!!

Its not as bad as the time he was at sea and I watched Perfect Storm during the surges in Dec.

Glutton for punishment! !

I've never been to a SW meeting so I don't understand EE. And I'm not a big meat fan.

Think it's stick to what I know and know it works. :)

The pasta bake is Bisto white sauce granules (4 syns for 100ml) with a chicken stock cube and garlic for flavour.

More comfort food. Its delicious and filling. :)

It sounds it! Really tempted to try it.

I always do EE but thinking I should probably try to mix it up a bit so I keep losing. I'm also worried that I'm not having enough syns but I can't bring myself to eat them just for the sake of it :( old habits and all that...

I couldn't cope with that at all so really admire those who do. I think you're both really brave. Do you have many friends and family close by to keep you going? X

I have some amazing friends but I suppose until you've done it you can't understand it!

I find most of the military wives rude because we're not married and I don't live on base! The MOD and the MOD wags won't consider you until your wed its ridiculous.

I count myself lucky every day to be with somebody so incredible and that I have somebody to miss this much.

He deserves so much for being able to do what he does. I think its hard here because he's missing from everything but on the sub you don't know night from day, whats going on, what your family is doing. Somebody who can do that definitely deserves a loving family waiting for them!

Plus as hard as this part is he'll be doing my head in with all his time off over the summer. Haha.

Waffle and a half there haha.

I don't understand the rules of EE at all. I barely understand how G & R work so EE just baffles me! X

Its true. I love him to bits but men are men haha.

And he informed me before he left that it is world cup year haha!

Either way I can't wait for him to get home and have snoring in my ear, him hogging the bed, towels left on the floor and him being a grump when liverpool lose! :)

A pound lost is still a pound lost :)

My emotional binge the other night has been enough to keep me off the scales so far this week. :/

Positive mental attitude. :)

So today is a weird day as its my 24 hour stint into my first night shift. I always try and get my syns, HEX in during the day and then have a free meal during the night

Breakfast - rice pudding

Lunch - mackerel, cous cous and salad HEXB

Tea - spaghetti carbonara HEXA & HEXB 4 syns

Night - jacket potato, salad and cottage cheese

Snacks - jelly, fruit and carrot sticks

The carbonara is
1/2 a schwartz packet - 8 syns for whole packet
250ml semi skimmed milk -HEXA
85g bacon - HEXB
Peas
Onion
pasta (coz spaghetti is messy at work)

Dry fry bacon and onion.
Blend packet into the milk and bring to the boil gently with the bacon and onion
Add peas
Stir into cooked pasta

And voila no faffing carbonara. I know there are free carbonara recipes which I've heard are delicious but this is quick and easy and on a budget better as you don't need a million ingredients

Back