2020 - a new year, a new decade, the same me (just hopefully slimmer!)

Yesterday was fun, today is a jobs day. This afternoon, listing loads of stuff on ebay...

Weighed this morning and I'm 4lb down woop woop.

Got a bit distracted by husband being home and trying the new shake powder (which is soooo much nicer than slimfast!), so I forgot to drink any water or check the trains on the app before leaving the house. So I'm at the station earlier than I'd usually be, very thirsty and found that the train is late 😭 I've had to buy a bottle of water, something I loathe doing.

Anyway, it's Friday (Fri-YAY) and I've almost survived a full week at work after at least 4 short weeks! On track for the day, so I think it's gonna be a good one! Plus looks like it's going to be sunny 😊
Well done on your loss xx

Ha today was a bit of a write off. Ended up having chicken sausage and turkey rasher rolls when we got back from dropping little one home. Then had a sleep, woke up, drank half a litr wase of lilt zero and had an Indian takeaway for tea 🙈

The positives I'm taking from this are:
-chicken sausages and turkey rashes have less fat and less salt than our usual sausages and bacon (and less calories)
-the Indian was somewhere we really like, it's all cooked fresh, use local ingredients, and lean meat. I put half on my plate and told myself I could have the rest later if I really felt that I wanted it. I didn't. I ate what was on my plate, and nothing more.

Tomorrow is a new day, except I'm going to a tapas restaurant with my parents tomorrow evening. They live in a different city to me so I don't see them as often as I'd like, but we've recently realised that we can get a train to a halfway point and, more importantly, it's doable on a work day evening. So our 2020 resolution was to see each other more often, with dinner every 4-6 weeks.

Tomorrow's plan is: to guzzle as much water as possible. 2 shakes and at most 1 snack. At the restaurant try to fill up on veg and salad but not deprive myself of anything (not paying good money to feel hard done by!). This way it means I can still have a social life whilst sticking to within a vague outline of my plan :)

Hope you've all had a good weekend and the batch cooking, shopping, uploading to eBay (you're a stronger person than me Bagpuss - I just send to a charity shop as I couldn't be bothered with selling online!) wasn't too boring and you all still managed a bit of time to relax and unwind ready for the week ahead :)

(you're a stronger person than me Bagpuss - I just send to a charity shop as I couldn't be bothered with selling online!) :)

Ha! Depends what it is. I can usually remember what I paid for things, and my hoarding tendencies mean it's sometimes difficult to let things go. I'm also broke and don't get paid for another 11 days... But this largely stuff that's been in storage that are new or nearly new - they ended up in a box because they stopped fitting or I didn't return them. If things don't *go* after a couple of laps of ebay, then I have a hard decision to make.

And well done on the positive end to a challenging day. That is a really good attitude to it all. I am rather jealous of the Indian, ;) but have a couple of things planned for the end of the month. :) Have a GREAT time this evening. This is what life is about :)

Still more than I can do Bagpuss! I hoard until I can't bear it, but then wouldn't be able to face uploading on eBay. One of those tedious tasks I'd put off forever 😂

Change of plan for today. Woke with a raging headache and no voice (flu 2 years ago has left me with long-term laryngitis and damaged vocal cords). So I've decided to cancel tonight. No point going if I can't actually talk 😂 I was quite surprised I hadn't lost it before now. Usually I only need to stand near someone coughing and it vanishes!

So today's plan is now shake, porridge (a 90Cal version - it's surprisingly nice and filling), shake, babybel and cucumber and celery with cheese triangle. Tea is a cooked breakfast with chicken sausage and turkey rashers, egg, mushroom and tomato, and, Calories allowing, some diced potato.

I'm 250ml down on water and not yet in work so happy with that.

Happy Monday everyone!

1.75l of water down and still going. I've had my 2 shakes and the celery, cucumber and cheese. By accident I have allowed enough Calories to have a bit of potato with tea 😊

Think it'll be an early night tonight. I now have an earache :( need to be well by the weekend as it's my Nan's 90th on Sunday, and my parents are doing a party for her on the Saturday. I want to go, but don't want to expose her or my pregnant sister-in-law to the lurgy!

Going so well there MrsP - although I'm sorry you're feeling poorly and had to cancel your evening - there are so many people with the lurgy at work, it goes away and comes back again!

Sleep well tonight hun and hopefully you'll feel a lot better in the morning x

Just a question - are you Low carbing and aiming for ketosis, Mrs P?

Thank you @ladyfelsham :)

@Bagpuss1, no not looking to get to ketosis, I'm reducing refined carbs and sugars, but not actually low-carbing. My evening meals are mostly veg or salad with protein and a small amount of carbohydrate. I have up to 3 snacks a day, 1 is fruit and 0% fat Greek yogurt or quark, 1 is veg/salad and protein, the third is anything within 100Calories.

I've done vlcd and keto diets before, and each time, regardless of how I did it, I felt sooooo ill when in ketosis, and the taste was disgusting, I lost loads of hair and my skin was dreadful (although my nails we're stronger and shinier lol). But overall ketosis is not for me.

Thank you @ladyfelsham :)

@Bagpuss1, no not looking to get to ketosis, I'm reducing refined carbs and sugars, but not actually low-carbing. My evening meals are mostly veg or salad with protein and a small amount of carbohydrate. I have up to 3 snacks a day, 1 is fruit and 0% fat Greek yogurt or quark, 1 is veg/salad and protein, the third is anything within 100Calories.

I've done vlcd and keto diets before, and each time, regardless of how I did it, I felt sooooo ill when in ketosis, and the taste was disgusting, I lost loads of hair and my skin was dreadful (although my nails we're stronger and shinier lol). But overall ketosis is not for me.

Fair enough, the spuds etc, so I thought I'd ask just in case. As you were. Sounds all rather jolly :)

Are you in ketosis? If so do you get any symptoms? I know it affects different people in completely different ways. I never noticed having colder than usual hands and feet, although possibly because I usually have cold hands and feet anyway so actually didn't notice any difference lol.

Are you in ketosis? If so do you get any symptoms? I know it affects different people in completely different ways. I never noticed having colder than usual hands and feet, although possibly because I usually have cold hands and feet anyway so actually didn't notice any difference lol.

Yes, have been since 2nd Jan. Felt a bit ropey for the first 5-6 days or so, but it takes a while to adapt, and one's electrolytes are out of whack. I was colder than usual - feet were the worst. A bit lightheaded in places, and headachy. Also, VLCD meals can cause me digestive turmoil for a few days too, so I can be really down on nutrients, temporarily.

this past week has been mostly OK, actually. Skin a bit dry, but that happens this time of year sometimes anyway and I may be a bit low on water or EFAs. I have in the past felt rough over a longer period of time in the past (probably the intermittent digestive turmoil), but as I'm legitimately adding to the regime by going up to 800 cal by supplementing with real food, rather than sticking rigidly to three TFR 'meals' a day, I seem to be tolerating it all a bit better.

We'll see. This was only going to be a 'month at a time and see what happens', as I'm not going to sacrifice day to day wellbeing for a notch on the scale. but this week - week 2 - OK so far...

Ah fair enough. I'm glad you're not feeling too bad :)

Just hit 2.25l of water woop woop. That's the most I've done since starting. I really need to stop peeing as much though, as it's definitely having an impact on my productivity at work! Not sure my line manager will accept excessive urination as a reason for me doing less work 😂😂😂

Ah fair enough. I'm glad you're not feeling too bad :)

Just hit 2.25l of water woop woop. That's the most I've done since starting. I really need to stop peeing as much though, as it's definitely having an impact on my productivity at work! Not sure my line manager will accept excessive urination as a reason for me doing less work 😂😂😂

Ha! Well done you. And yes. The 'peeing like a racehorse' side effect. I'm not too pleased with it either. I'm sure work think I have a problem...🗑🚽 ;)

I said that to a colleague last week. People are going to be thinking I have a UTI or something 😂😂😂

Woke up v.late, probably because I was up all night trying to find my impossible-to-buy-for nan an extra special gift. I haven't intentionally left it to the last minute, infact I've been looking for about a year! I've ended up ordering her something that I found ages ago. It's not perfect, but I think she'll like it. I'll take some flowers over on her actual birthday too, and if my uncle isn't taking her out then might see if she wants to go out for lunch.

Anyway, despite waking up late, I ended up being ready early, so just killing time until I leave for the train. Luckily I live 10 minutes away, so I usually wait until it's about 15 minutes away then leave the house.

Today's plan:
B: shake
S: porridge
L: shake
S: babybel (light), cheese triangle (lightest), celery, cucumber
T: fajitas (heavy on the veg and salad, lighter on the cheese and wraps, and I don't like salsa, guacamole or sour cream anyway)
S: fruit and yogurt

Water: as much as I can.

I have a review with my line manager today 😬 she laughs at me as I always get so nervous, despite knowing that I'm good at my job, and knowing that management think I'm good at my job 😂😂

Happy Tuesday everyone! How are your days looking?

I have a review with my line manager today 😬 she laughs at me as I always get so nervous, despite knowing that I'm good at my job, and knowing that management think I'm good at my job 😂😂

LOL I'm always the same too, and my manager laughs at me too :).

We'll all went well in my review :) I'm going to be taking on a bit more responsibility, so hoping for a bit of a payrise come April 🤞

Food wise today has been perfect.

B:shake
S:porridge
L: shake
S: celery stick, extra light cheese triangle, cucumber sticks, babybel light
D: chicken fajitas
Water: 2.175l

Evening snack will be fruit and yogurt.

I've also had Christmas holiday approved for this year. Usually we have to wait til summer, but work have made an exception for me. My brother and his girlfriend are having a baby in July and the thought of baby's first Christmas and seeing my parents joy at spending Christmas with their first grandchild kills me. It should have been my baby's first Christmas just gone. My parents should already be grandparents. I'm a horrible person I know, but I decided 2020 was going to be the year I look after me. And whilst I am looking forward to being an auntie again (biological auntie this time too!), we've decided that we want to avoid Christmas completely, so we're off to Egypt for Christmas week :) From 24th December to 1st Jan we'll be sunning ourselves in a 5* hotel (with a swim up bar!) and leaving any woes behind us :)

Won't quote all of that, but excellent on the work front. I too hate any sort of appraisal with a passion, even when they're good. So phew, glad that's over, eh?

Top foodage! *applause*. Mildly jealous of the cheese. Will have to work some into mine. At the moment, dippy cucumber and light mayo seems to be my favourite food in the world. I am living a sheltered culinary life... ;)

As for the last bit - No, you're not being horrible. Let's be honest, Christmas is dodgy enough without throwing in other factors, and looking at it objectively - parents and grandparents are going to do their Christmassy thing, and if anything, you're doing them all a favour by giving them space to enjoy it without everyone feeling awkward. While you have a bit of space and enjoy yours. Seems like a win/win to me. ;) So no, no guilt please, it seems you've cracked onto a decent compromise there. :)

Thank you @Bagpuss1 I think I needed to hear that from someone objective. My husband and even my mum have said the same as you, but its hard when they are so close to it all too.

All I have ever wanted is to be a mum. So I'm really struggling with everything that happened last year, and just as I think I'm dealing with it, I get hit by something at I end up back to square one!

Anyhoo, I'm now up to 2.5l :) gonna stop with water now and have a cuppa instead. Then bed :)

Different circumstances, but I've escaped from Christmasses, too. Things do lose their sting a bit after a while. :)

I'm going to regret finishing this bottle of water this late. Ah well, what's done is done lol

Back