21 packs for only £15

bunnycd

Hi,

My mate has just purchased for $10 a USA post address where they package items you buy from the USA and send this to you in the UK.

She bought loads of packs for only £15 (1 week supply) and yesterday they all arrived and she now has 4 months supply for only £120 in the UK that costs me £35 a week = £280!!!! this country is such a bloo*y rip off. I think I am going to order some. Does anyone know if these are the same as the UK?

Cambridge - Food For Life

Was it Cambridge UK stuff? Or the USA American Cambridge which is different? They aren't the same formula.

Hun the American Cambridge products are not the same as the UK stuff and are not regulated at all and anyone can sell them without any training at all. xx

Does anyone know what the difference is in terms of the pack contents?

Don't know the exact formulation, but I know the US one has a higher carb percentage

Well I have emailed the uk and usa to find the exact difference once I get an answer I will post. I still feel we get ripped off in this country - if it has less carbs then less to put in the pack right!

Well I have emailed the uk and usa to find the exact difference once I get an answer I will post. I still feel we get ripped off in this country - if it has less carbs then less to put in the pack right!

LOL.

I think they are different companies too. Not sure about that...but have a feeling.

I think this can be a dangerous slop for some, buying the producats in the uk you know you are getting exactly what you are being sold, there are loads of people who medically shouldnt be doing CD and this is a way of them purchasing and bypassing the regulations. Some medical conditions people have if they did CD could be very dangerous.

julesrush

When it snowed I was unable to get to my CDC and staved for 1 day (NO SHAKES/NOTHING) my CDC is 40 miles away. I would much rather order online, which would be better for me. I think if you are vetted by a CDC and you have been on the programme for 2 months or more and you still have 1+ stone to loose they should give you a code to buy them online for personal use, as long as your checked every month by a CDC. The downfall of the diet is all the messing around getting the packs.

I always advise people once they have been on diet for a few weeks to get a few spares so if there is an event or bad weather they have packs to see them over. Also if you were allowed to buy on line but had to see a CDC every so many weeks would you be prepared to pay for the CDCs time in weighing and measuring you when you arent buying any packs from her/him?

julesrush

The downfall of the diet is all the messing around getting the packs.

Have to say, I disagree with this statement...I feel it is a control measure more than anything else...otherwise there could be people using CD who do not need to lose any more weight, making themselves very ill

I dont feel that there is any 'messing around getting the packs'....fair enough, if you live far away from your CDC that could be a nightmare, and I know some CDCs dont seem to stock all the flavours etc but even that wouldnt incline me towards agreeing that having to get your packs in person is a downfall of CD, or LL or LT

I see your point, but people will still find away to do this diet without a CDC. Ebay is a perfect example of that.

If you do live 80 mile round trip from your CDC (like me) and I have 5+stone to loose what is the harm in letting me order online if I have a special code (for just me) so I can select from the range of packs? As long as I see my CDC once a month for a weigh in then I think that is enough control to stop people from doing CD with an eating disorder.

Hiya bunny

I may be wrong but I think you can buy 4 weeks worth of packs at a time from a cdc so long as they see you once a month??

I see your point, but people will still find away to do this diet without a CDC. Ebay is a perfect example of that.

If you do live 80 mile round trip from your CDC (like me) and I have 5+stone to loose what is the harm in letting me order online if I have a special code (for just me) so I can select from the range of packs? As long as I see my CDC once a month for a weigh in then I think that is enough control to stop people from doing CD with an eating disorder.

True, I know an 80 mile round trip is a lot, believe me...my CDC lives in a different part of this island and it takes me about 15 mins to drive to her and there are times I cant be bothered!!

I think that as CDCs would probably be classed as sole traders (correct me if I am wrong ppl!!) then something like your idea will never come to fruition....ebay worries me, big time, and most of the time it seems more expensive than going to see a CDC really!!

Maybe you could be a CDC in your area and save other people the 80 mile trip!!

I wouldn't personally do it but can definitely understand you wanting to. The only thing that tempts me is the flavours of their bars - why can't we have flavours like that! They sound yummy!!

Yeah that is a great idea - I would love to be a CDC but I have only lost 2 stone so far and personally feel that a CDC needs to lose in excess of 4 stone and kept it off so they have lived the experience to pass this onto others that is why I struggle with my CDC who is much larger than me, and weighs about 19 stone. I know it sounds bi*chy but that is just how I feel. My CDC is just a supplier to me and not an inspiration at all.

If the code is related to a CDC (like an affiliate) it would work.

Last edited:
You can buy more than a week's worth anyway, though, so you shouldn't need to order online and see a CDC once a month?

I was told I could buy up to a month's worth in one go.

Amy

Regarding buying from US I can't say - other than watch they don't wack you for import duty (I was for buying a gift - anything over $70, I believe). So, check which carrier is being used too.

I have seen CD for sale on ebay although prices are sky-high (must be like a black market on there!).

Back