21 stone 2.5 and 10 stone to lose eek!!

Hi All and Onceandforall,

I lost two pounds this week whooo!!! The least I've lost so far but my proudest to date.

I went away for the weekend, ate and drank and didn't feel guilty because I still had my syns. The things that were different was I went for an hours run/jog and eventually walk. I also worked the points values of alcoholic drinks. I ate my fruit and veg.

Instead of overeating or depriving myself I planned to eat, as opposed to being good until I broke the diet. I tried a GnT for the first time, lower syns than my usual tipple and refreshing.

I'm not finding it as daunting having to lose a big amount, because I'm working towards smaller goals to achieve it. My first goal is 10% of my body weight off for the health benefits. I've not given myself a time limit or put any pressure on myself.

I'm still trying to create new habits to help this way of eating be my new lifestyle. One which I can adapt with parties and weekend's away and all good occasions.

I'm going away on sat for a week at a residential camp (working) I'm apprehensive about the meals provided and the possible lack of opp for exercise.

I'm still pondering how to get an hours exercise on each day...any tips?

Vix

Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss, to go away and still lose is great.

wow Vix you are doing really well. I seem to have an on off relationship with dieting, i lose a bit and then relax far too much and put half of it back on.

Last year i lost 4 stone, and this morning was gutted to realise i have put 2 stone of it back on!
I have since phoned my local SW group and going to join tomorrow evening. So fingers crossed for that.
In total i want to lose 7st 9lb.
Good luck to all xx
Nat

JLStretton said:
Congrats on the 2 pound weight loss, to go away and still lose is great.

Thanks!!!

I personally did have my moments of doubt when they said I'd lost weight, but the scales don't lie do they lol :)

What point are you on your weight loss journey?

natty654 said:
wow Vix you are doing really well. I seem to have an on off relationship with dieting, i lose a bit and then relax far too much and put half of it back on.

Last year i lost 4 stone, and this morning was gutted to realise i have put 2 stone of it back on!
I have since phoned my local SW group and going to join tomorrow evening. So fingers crossed for that.
In total i want to lose 7st 9lb.
Good luck to all xx
Nat

Hi Nat,

Firstly thank you, and good on you for signing back onto SW!!

I'm trying to stop using the word diet because it feels like I'm depriving myself. You've just decided to focus on eating healthier and changing your lifestyle.

And what's better is you've done it before and it worked!! So stay positive and don't pressure yourself too much.

Vix

Hi vix :) just thought id pop in and say hi :)

I am around the same weight as you, i would like to lose at least 8st

im not following a slimming plan just healthy eating/exercise, just joined here a few days ago and all going well.

take care for now and hope you continue to lose :D

jane x

skinny-me-at-30 said:
Hi vix :) just thought id pop in and say hi :)

I am around the same weight as you, i would like to lose at least 8st

im not following a slimming plan just healthy eating/exercise, just joined here a few days ago and all going well.

take care for now and hope you continue to lose :D

jane x

Hello Jane!!

I'm a bit off grid this week as am away with work for the week...its a bit of a struggle as we are all cooking together so comprising a bit much on the healthy opts.

But going for a run tomorrow so hoping to balance it out with regular exercise.

Have you got a short - term goal? Mine is 10% of my body weight.

Hope your weekend (food/exercise wise) was better than mine!

Vix :)

Hi vix, i know it is hard to stay on track at the best of times never mind being away for work, but going for a run etc... should balance it out :)

yeah well would like 2st off at least before christmas, so lets hope i can do it :eek: 1st weigh in today, and i lost just over 7lb so really cant ask for more than that.

do you have a diary of your own? :)

skinny-me-at-30 said:
Hi vix, i know it is hard to stay on track at the best of times never mind being away for work, but going for a run etc... should balance it out :)

yeah well would like 2st off at least before christmas, so lets hope i can do it :eek: 1st weigh in today, and i lost just over 7lb so really cant ask for more than that.

do you have a diary of your own? :)

Back to civilisation! No diary of my own, would you recommend it? 7lb off is amazing - you are clearly doing a lot right!

Hope you keep up the momentum :-D

First day back at the gym and feeling better for it already!

Now I'm back home I'm feeling more in control of my diet and back to food optimising!

Vix

Hey, I'm a Vix too and I also have loads to lose. I've been dieting on Slimming World for just over a year and had almost lost 4 stone then totally blew it so now just the 3 stone. Am trying celebrity slim for a few weeks to try and undo that damage. Fingers crossed. I see that you enjoy going running. I have been wishing that I could run, I do go to the gym and have a wee walk on the treadmill but I dont really like it. I tend to stick to the exercise bike which I love pedalling away while reading my kindle lol. I wish I had the courage to just burst into a jog on the treadmill but I cant. Im so unfit! Im currently 18stone 8lbs (was 17 stone 9lb the other week :(...)and I just dont know how much more I have to lose before I will be fit enough. I also just quit smoking 16 weeks ago so maybe the unfitness stems from that too. I duno. You're doing so well though! If you can give me any tips about running please do :)
xx

vixter said:
Hey, I'm a Vix too and I also have loads to lose. I've been dieting on Slimming World for just over a year and had almost lost 4 stone then totally blew it so now just the 3 stone. Am trying celebrity slim for a few weeks to try and undo that damage. Fingers crossed. I see that you enjoy going running. I have been wishing that I could run, I do go to the gym and have a wee walk on the treadmill but I dont really like it. I tend to stick to the exercise bike which I love pedalling away while reading my kindle lol. I wish I had the courage to just burst into a jog on the treadmill but I cant. Im so unfit! Im currently 18stone 8lbs (was 17 stone 9lb the other week :(...)and I just dont know how much more I have to lose before I will be fit enough. I also just quit smoking 16 weeks ago so maybe the unfitness stems from that too. I duno. You're doing so well though! If you can give me any tips about running please do :)
xx

Hiya!

Not heard of celebrity slim before, what is it? I can't run for toffee...I tried the nhs couch potato podcast which was good but better if you're training for a run.

I run in the gym on the treadmill but not fast at 3/4 kilometres per hour on a high incline, between 8 to 10. This burns lots of calories without putting a strain on your knees.

If that's too technical, find some space run up and down ten times and touch the floor each time (shuttle runs). Stop have a break and do it again.

I only ever do either for tenish mins, I also use the cross trainer, rower, bike, skip then do some tummy exercises. That's takes me 45-60 minutes.

Have you tried a personal trainer? Just a few sessions to sort out a personal plan for you?

Vix

thanks for the reply, nah I can't afford a personal trainer but I'll try some of the tips you've given me here :) Celebrity Slim is a meal replacement diet, you have 2 shakes and a meal with snacks in between (similar to slim fast but the meal has to be carb free) xx

The feeling you get before a weigh in, when you've put on for the last few weeks...eek!

Holidays are such a great idea, until the weigh in when you get back!

Back