21 weeks to go.....

Samibum

I can't decide or stick on any certain diets and its really getting me down I have 21 weeks till my holiday to Las Vegas and I kno for a fact my pool will be full of little skinny size 0 woman in there small bikini's lol I'd really like to lose between 2-3lb per week I've tried weight watchers which I just got stuck on and slimming world which I don't really like I was wanting to do meal replacements but again don't think I would manage any ideas on what I can do?

sometimes for people who dont know where to start, calorie counting works really well. At least it lets you really look at your diet.
Good luck in finding something right for you.

Hi

I've started off today by counting my calories and eating more healthier which I have actually done well only thing I really missed was my sweet treat which I just cut up a banana and put in a fat free toffee yogurt which was actually yummy I've also started tracking properly of what I'm eating I'm determined to do it this time I'm not a big water drinker but was told this fills you up soo I'm actually starting to drink more of it! I'm hopeful I can stick to this and finally get this weight off

Drinking water doesn't just fill you up! It actually helps with the breakdown of stored fat in the body too, so the more you can drink, the better! I'm sure you can do it, you just need to stay focused. Stick a big picture of your hotel, or something Vegas themed, on your cupboards and fridge to remind you what is more important; food or feeling great on your holiday!

Hi samibum :) 21 weeks to Las Vegas how exciting! It gives you time to make a difference. Even if you lose an achievable 1.5lb a week that will be nearly 32 lbs off. WOW. Good Luck and take heart in the acknowledged fact that a lot of Americans are VERY overweight so pool might not be full of the stick insects you are imagining :cool: My advice would be to try to go for a eating plan that gives you choice, so everything is allowed, all be it in moderation. Chips xx

I would go for high protein low carbs, the weight will fall off you. Just eats lots chicken, turkey, fish, shellfish, eggs, Quorn, soya with salad and vegs. Loads water your lose loads. Just have carbs in moderation. I have in the past lost a lot weight this way and fast. In first week at least half stone. Good luck.

good luck / well done / and hi

Peeps have given you some really good ideas so far so i'm adding my few.

Create a want list - A list of the real positives for you to do it. Ive got things on mine like - i'll have more energy, i'll be able to fit in the seats at theme parks, i'll sleep better, My kids wont be ashamed to be seen with me.

write it, put it on your fridge, keep a copy in your purse. read it every day at least 3 times. It does help stop you from nibbling and binging.

Create a flower chart - Draw a circle with 6 petals (represents 1/2 a stone) do a flower for every 1/2 stone you need to loose. put it by the scales and colour a bit in for every lb you loose.

Or what about a penny pot. I have two identical glass jars. 1 has in a penny for every 1lb i need to loose and 1 has a penny for every 1lb i have lost. i see it every night before i go to bed and hopefully soon they will start to even out. (works with marbles or milk bottle tops too)

As for sweet things!!! i'm a crisps and choc monster. Eveb with calorie counting you can work in a single time out bar (85 cals) or some pom bear crisps (97 cals)

Use My fitness pal to log everything that passess your lips. and how much you move your body (exercise)

Hope it helps

BBK

Hi not been on was seriously stuck nothing was helping and was just constantly down because I was hungry all the time! Last Tuesday I went into my local holland and barratt and bought a big tub of usn strawberry diet fuel and wow I love it! Been having 2 shakes a day and a dinner and after each shake I am full couldnt even manage a banana weighed myself today and it looks like 4/5lb has came off so I'm sticking with this as its a lot easier for me I also bought the chocolate powder to have to substitute for my sweet tooth :)

What ever works for you hunni. Good luck xx

I have two identical glass jars. 1 has in a penny for every 1lb i need to loose and 1 has a penny for every 1lb i have lost. i see it every night before i go to bed and hopefully soon they will start to even out. (works with marbles or milk bottle tops too)

How about Jelly Beans or Maltesers? :eek: LOVE Pom Bears. Nice with low fat dips as they are great for scooping. Thanks for some good advice. chips xx

Back