22 stone and miserable....

Hi Leilak,
Welcome to the best place to be.
You can start today!!
Clear out your cupboards of the things that are there just for YOU to eat.
Make sure that there is nothing that you find particularly tempting hanging around.
Have a rummage around in your wardrobe and chose the nicest thing you have in a seiz smaller than you are wearing now and hang it up prominently in your bedroom where you can see it to remind you of what you are doing.
Get yourself some water bottles. I use three 500ml water bottles and I fill them up and set myself the task of drinking them and really feel pleased with myself when I need to re-fill them.
If you can afford to buy a water filter jug thingy for the fridge then thats nice, knowing that you are doing yourself a lot of good and not having to buy bottled water.
Have a sort through your old clothes and throw away anything that is remotely 'past it' to make room for all the clothes that you are going to be wearing on your way DOWN the scales.
At the end of the day, have a lovely bath or shower, scrub yourself from top to bottom and when you have finished, shake yourself, and say to yourself, 'I have just washed away the old me and emerged brand new and ready to begin being a new me'
OOpsssss, i rambled lol
Good luck xx
Lynne x

I started yesterday at 22stone7lbs so I would love to keep in touch on this difficult but fabulous journey ! xx

good luck to everyone starting

ust so you know it is always 3 packs a day (unless your a guy or over 5'8) and then you have the option of having a 200 cal meal on top of that of green veg and white meat/fish (this will all be in your booklet and explained to you when you see your CDC)

basically Sole source is nothing but packs, sole source plus is the packs plus the meal. someone said on here the difference is about a pound a week. altho some people have still lost more on sole source plus than others on sole source. its whatever works best for you and everyone is different.

i have a lot to lose and some weeks i sole source, others a sole source plus. the plans are interchangable and if followed shouldnt take you out of ketosis.
sometimes that 200 cal meal is enough to stop you raiding the fridge when the desire to have food gets you!!

good luck again and use minis for support.. its great

Hi there Leilak

You have made the best decision of your life. I was nearly 18st, 5ft 1 and all of my life was in place, nice flat, great job and happy marraige, but i was heavy, miserable, my health was seriously beginning to deteriorate and my optimistic, outgoing, and happy nature was gone for good. I no longer remembered the me I was as a kid. I found cambridge by accident and thank God I did. It made a real difference. It has been a really emotional journey. I wont say it has been easy, in fact some days are really really hard, but not as hard as spending the day resenting myself, feeling old before my time and unattractive. Compared to having those thoughts every day, this has been a breeze. Go for it kid, you will never look back. What have you got to loose apart from bad feelings - forget the fat - the diet will take care of that. Take some well meant advice
Log on here every day, even just to read. It helps.
Write a blog or diary - helps you work your tangled thoughts into straight lines. Take the great advice already given by mini's members much better qualified to help than me. And one more thing. I got hold of a copy of a book called Adventures of Dietgirl. I read and read over and over again in th first stages - it really encourgaed me.
Good luck.

thanks so much everybody great advice and tips there, its up to me now! I find it so diffiucult going out as l feel all eyes are on me lm not a nice person anymore, its like l have a protective shield around me.

Hi and welcome.
Let us all know when you have made the appointment. If it can't be for a few days you could prepare yourself by cutting down on carbohydates - it will help you get into the magical world of 'ketosis'.

me too!!!

I am painfully shy....always have been a little shy but the extra weight just made it worse. It took a long time for me to pluck up the courage to phone a CDC and in the end i actually emailed her!!!! She sent me her phone number though so i still had to phone and im so glad i did!!! I go for my first visit tomorrow and i cant wait....im so excited at the thought of no food....how weird!!!!!
So im at the first step and if i can do it so can you!!!
good luck x

hiya :welcome: to minimins :)

Get started asap hun, the sooner you do it the sooner you will be on the road to slimdom. i started at over 20stone. im in irl and pay about 70e per week but get all tetra's there dearer than the sachets so it might be bit cheaper than that. CD has changed me so much. i hater going out and that felt everyone was always staring and talking etc parnoid totally but you no what im getting there and i will be slim :)

Best of luck hun :) xx

yes truds i know what u mean good luck with your weightloss, wow becky u have done brilliantly well done! lm so inspired by u all its great to know that theres always support out there n people who are in the same boat n know wat u are going thru. i cud never talk to anyone about this so openly before but here at minimins u can just be yourself

Hi Leilak, Welcoma and good luck with your weightloss. Everyone on here are so friendly and supportive. Good luck with contacting a CDC. x

Hiya Leilak, Hope you have found a cdc. We're similar weights and it's great to read this thread and see how well the others(who WERE as big as us) have done.Inspiration by the bucket load !!
Good luck-Shrinkle
xx

Hi all!
Well lve stuck to my diet 3 days now - l find keeping a food diary is really helping l will keep u posted, l find reading the posts is really helping and also looking at the slide show

Hi Leilak

Welcome to the wonderful world of CD and this site (it's the best part!). I too am in Dublin - my CDC is on the southside and really great. I started on SS+ (3 CD meals and a small 200kCal meal of chicken/fish and green veg/salad).....I found that having a meal really helps keep me on track. Am now 38lbs lighter (and moved up to the 810 plan, which is similar to SS+ but with a slightly bigger meal). I feel SO much better for losing and you've taken the best step ever by deciding to do this for YOU. Let us know how you get on and why not start a diary to keep a record of how your doing and so we always know where to reach you. All the best hun. x

Keep up the good work leilak.
Lynne x

i wish you all the best with your cdc, i started at 14stone 6lbs 5 weeks ago i have lost 24lbs in that time it works believe it do it go girl x

hey there. have you decided against cd then hon? remember that there are different plans. i'm on the 1000plan and get all my nutrients and stick to a fairly regimented food plan for 1000kcals a day but i get to eat quite a bit and feel satisfied. ss didn't agree with me hormonally at all and my cdc recommended moving up the plans a bit.. cd isn't all about sole source although that is the fastest way. i am only on 2 packs a day so i pay slightly less to my cdc and slightly more in grocery shopping but i feel the one to one meeting is incredibly helpful in staying on track.

good luck on your journey, however you decide to make it :D

abz xx

Back