28 stone 10lbs Bloke Refused Surgery Wanting to lose 14 stone My Journey!

Ooh I love Paignton, haven't been since I was a little girl but I remember it was lovely. Glad you and the kids have had a good time! Looks like you're doing well at sticking to plan too, give yourself a pat on the back - it can't be easy with all those seaside fish and chip places nearby! Like you say if you're back tomorrow you've got a few days to try and undo any damage, but sounds to me like you've done great. The coconut chicken curry sounds yum, do you have a link to the recipe?

Ooh I love Paignton, haven't been since I was a little girl but I remember it was lovely. Glad you and the kids have had a good time! Looks like you're doing well at sticking to plan too, give yourself a pat on the back - it can't be easy with all those seaside fish and chip places nearby! Like you say if you're back tomorrow you've got a few days to try and undo any damage, but sounds to me like you've done great. The coconut chicken curry sounds yum, do you have a link to the recipe?

Regards to the recipe

Chicken diced up fry in frylight add mushroom onion etc
sprinkle couple oxo over chicken and I use a mild curry powder or a korma branded one little bit of water into pan
once cooked let it cool down a bit then add 1 pot fat free yoghurt and 2 mullerlight greek coconut and vanilla (1 syn for the 2)
stir and cook on low (To high and it will curdle) finish off with coriander and serve on a bed of boiled rice

I really enjoy this if you do it let me know what you think :)

Back from Holiday today great time very difficult at times as we seemed to walk past every fast food establishment in paignton at times very testing but stayed strong
I even said to my partner if I wasn't on SW it would be scary to see how much I would have spent on rubbish

Even visited a sweet shop(Really do make things difficult for myself) where they had everything stood there and chose gifts for little nephews back home again a real test but pleased and shows how far I have come

Need to knuckle down and hit the gym again after a week off got till weds to shift as much as possible no idea on how its looking at the moment food wise very good but I did indulge in a fair few alcoholic drinks over the week so we shall see

Have a great weekend :)

Recipe looks good, thanks for posting, its been added to my "must try this" list so I promise i'll get to it eventually, when I do I'll let you know how I found it!

Glad you had a great time, you did so well to avoid all the temptations! On a side note from what you mentioned about how much you would have spent, I've found although I'm buying more expensive healthy food I'm saving so much compared to takeaways, chocolate and general rubbish. Before I started SW a trip to the cinema would involve a big sugary drink and popcorn, now it's diet soda and grapes. It's great to know I'm saving money AND getting healthier too! :)

Anyway enjoy the gym and have a good weekend!

Morning :)

Feeling good this morning really looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday need a 5lb loss for 5st not overly confident on getting it due to alcohol I consumed over the last week whilst away but whether its this week or next its coming

Breakfast Banana yoghurt 1/2 syn banana and alpen light 3 syns
Dinner 2 wholemeal bread HEB chicken and salad sandwich lighter than life Mayo spread on bread 1 syn
Tea Spag bol syn free

No idea on what syns to use for rest may have a pack of quavers think they are 6

Really enjoyed chicken sunday dinner yestersay loads of veg and SW roasters were nice had courgettes which were lovely

Tuesday tomorrow all about gym green tea veggies and using as few syns a poss Need to start consuming a lot more water I rarely drink it think results could be even better should I consume more

Have a great day keep smiling :)

I'm trying the drinking loads of water thing today, I've heard it can really help shift any extra water weight and give you the best possible reading on the scales. As I get weighed tomorrow I'll soon know how its gone! Food diary looks good, crossing my fingers for your weigh in - 5lbs would be amazing!

Just had a read through your diary, well done with your weightloss so far! You're doing really well.

You asked for tips, here are the few I have, not that I think you need tips as you're already doing an excellent job...

1. When times are tough and you feel like giving in, just remember you were probably unhappier when you were bigger and that meal you want to eat isn't going to help you feel any happier in the long run (I tell myself this almost weekly haha).

2. Make small targets, it's easier and a bit more fun that way. I'm sure I read you're under 30 so you could make one of your main targets to be at your ideal weight for your 30th birthday depending on how far away it is.

3. One meal off plan isn't a crime, going out and having a drink is fine. You shouldn't restrict yourself as a little bit of what you like is good for you. This is a life style change not a diet so a little bit of what you enjoy isn't off plan just count it into your syns :)

Hope that's kinda what you were looking for. Good luck with your journey x

Just had a read through your diary, well done with your weightloss so far! You're doing really well.

You asked for tips, here are the few I have, not that I think you need tips as you're already doing an excellent job...

1. When times are tough and you feel like giving in, just remember you were probably unhappier when you were bigger and that meal you want to eat isn't going to help you feel any happier in the long run (I tell myself this almost weekly haha).

2. Make small targets, it's easier and a bit more fun that way. I'm sure I read you're under 30 so you could make one of your main targets to be at your ideal weight for your 30th birthday depending on how far away it is.

3. One meal off plan isn't a crime, going out and having a drink is fine. You shouldn't restrict yourself as a little bit of what you like is good for you. This is a life style change not a diet so a little bit of what you enjoy isn't off plan just count it into your syns :)

Hope that's kinda what you were looking for. Good luck with your journey x

Thanks for the nice comments

That's fantastic advice and yes definitely what I'm looking for especially of people like yourself who themselves have fantastic results

Will take your points on board and agree to them 100% I always try and remind myself how far I have come and do have times when I doubt myself but I have a strong support network and always ensure I see the positives at all times

Major difference in your sig picture well done you look great!!

Thanks for the nice comments

That's fantastic advice and yes definitely what I'm looking for especially of people like yourself who themselves have fantastic results

Will take your points on board and agree to them 100% I always try and remind myself how far I have come and do have times when I doubt myself but I have a strong support network and always ensure I see the positives at all times

Major difference in your sig picture well done you look great!!

I should have added:
If I can do it anyone can. I used to have no willpower, I spent up until my 30s being unhappy & in that awful vicious circle of being unhappy so eating and being even more unhappy. I wasted my life doing that. Now I'm the happiest I've been & I have much more confidence and I really wish I had done it sooner.

You really have come so far & you should be proud of yourself & the hard work you've put in. There are times when we all wanna throw it in but that's what this site is fantastic for! Motivation :) xx

Thanks Missemma my motivation is really good at the moment its took me ages to get to this stage but now I'm very happy everything going well and this site is fantastic soo glad I found it and have good people contributing and supporting really helps having a good network of support

Today I have been lazy and spent majority just relaxing and playing a new computer game (Big Kid) really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow no idea how its looking for me but hoping for the best dont think I will get 5st loss award tomorrow (5lb needed) but That will come in time

Food today very basic plenty of green tea bit of cereal and fruit this morning Mugshot and french fries for dinner with yoghurt after and alpen light and Extra lean lamb cassarole tonight plenty of good veg consumed

Have a great evening will post up results tomorrow :)

Just been weighed and lost 3lb which I'm pleased now only 2lb from 5st loss which is pleasing should be next week hopefully

Going to really push myself this week plenty more exercise getting back into the gym side of things going to try some new recipes over the weekend aswel

Have a good one guys got a split shift today so back into work later

Wooohooo, another fabby loss for you this week! I think you've got that 5 stone certificate in the bag next week. Just think - 5 stone in 19 weeks - that is insanely good! :)

Been a few days since I have updated this as have been pretty busy

Everything still going along nicely will be delighted when I finally get my 5st loss hopefully this week its going well so far Did attempt the gym today but a power cut forced it to close on my arrival

Food wise ticking over as usual nothing out of the ordinary last night had Jacket potato Lean pork steaks fat removed and some onion mushroom and tomato (Got a real obsession with onion lately cooked of course in frylight)

Need to get to the gym tomorrow though with weigh in approaching also trying to up my intake of water

Tea tonight I have spicy chicken with salad in a wholemeal pitta and sw chips cannot wait for this closest thing I can get to a kebab haha

Have a great weekend :)

JMA I have just read your story through from the begining and just wanted to add my congratulations on your fantastic weight loss.

Good luck for the 5st+ this week.

Doreen x

Ooh SW style kebab sounds yummy, I'll have to give this a try one night. Having said that I'm experimenting with red days at the moment, I want to see if they help to up my losses at all!

Have a great weekend, bad luck about the gym! x

Hi guys

Quite an uneventful few days feeling pretty rough at the moment a fair few people coming down with flu like symptoms I'm due to weigh in tomorrow hoping to get my 5st award (2lb to go) way I am feeling at the moment I'm unsure whether I will attend

Had the usual stuff on pre weigh in day green tea water nothing to heavy small spag bol for tea feeling pretty bloated atm though hoping that changes If i do make tomorrow

Mrs said achieve my 5 and she will treat me to an indian (Synned of course)

Hope your all well :)

Hope you feel better soon and manage to make the WI. A lot of colds and flu going round near me too at the minute, this change in weather isn't helping.

Fingers crossed for your 2lb, I was over the moon today as managed 3.5lbs at WI! :eek:

I could kill for an Indian, with only 2 weeks 'till I go away though I'm trying to be 'good' and enjoy a splurge on hols instead.

Looking forward to see how you get on tomorrow!

Very pleased today as lost 2.5lbs and got my 5st award also slimmer of the month(4th Consecutive month) and slimmer of the week

Cant put into words how happy I am I knew it was last chance after turning down surgery and Im delighted at how far I have come the support and warmth of family friends and group and the people who take time out to read and post has been fantastic nothing will stop me getting to my target and living a healthier life

Having a indian tonight(Popadom chicken tikka and rice dont worry nothing creamy and no Naan's lol) and maybe a beer to celebrate (Mrs treating me) tomorrow the hard work continues

Enjoy the rest of the day/ week guys

image-2646916446.jpg

Fantastic, I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your curry tonight! :)

You are an inspiration Jma - honestly. You are a real life success story! Your boys must be so proud of you. It won't be long til you are running just as fast as them again lol...

Achieving a 5 stone loss in 19 weeks, it really is amazing.

Don't forget to update your statistics... if I had a 5 stone loss I'd be shouting it from the rooftop in work :D

You are going to be one of the headline stories on the SW magazine some day in the near future, I know it!!!

Back