28g of oats isn't really much but I have a tip

slimandhappy

I am not really experienced on the sw plan, but I have noticed, if you soak the oats overnight, they double in volume.
I make an old sw recipe called Swiss Bircher, its when you soak the oats in milk, fat free yogurt overnight. In the morning, I chop my fruit apple, pear, strawberries.
There is so much in my bowl, that it can take me 30 minutes to eat it. Lol
I hope I am doing the plan right, and not messing up the energy density.
If any of you more experienced sw people are here, can you let me know. Thanks

I make mine with water in the micro and then stir in a fat free yoghurt and some fruit. It's yummy.

I don't see why pre soaking them would affect their SW value, you should be okay. Do you eat it cold or cook it in the morning?

I make mine with water in the micro and then stir in a fat free yoghurt and some fruit. It's yummy.

I don't see why pre soaking them would affect their SW value, you should be okay. Do you eat it cold or cook it in the morning?
I have it cold. It sounds disgusting, but it tastes lovely. I take it out of the fridge about 15 minutes before I eat it, to get it to room temperature.

I make mine with water then stir in a greek yog(fat free) makes it much more and is really creamy o then I add raspberries or something too .

okay, its nice to know that there is something else that i can do with my breakkie.

I've started adding 1 scan bran to mine, bulks it out a bit.

Really like the sound of Swiss Bircher, will give that a try tomoz! Thanks for sharing :)

Hi
I agree 28g of oats is not much at all wonder if you could have more and count the extra taken from your syns

Oooh I really like the sound of this - so you put your yog in along with the milk to soak overnight? What type of yog are you using, plain or flavoured? Cheers, Jo x

I eat this every morning! LOVE porridge, cold in the summer, hot in the winter! :D

Thanks for posting this. It sounds really yummy - will definitely be giving it a try :drool: x

hi, where do i find scan bran ?? what are they ??

Scan bran is Scandinavian bran crispbread. You can buy it at meetings or in Holland and Barrett. Beware though, lots of people hate them! I really like them even though they're really chewy and not at all like ryvita (imagine instead a solid square piece of allbran-like material).

We call this 'magic porridge around here' - there is a lengthy thread about it in the recipe sub-forum. Lots of people swear by it but I must admit it's not my cup of tea at all.

I have 'magic porridge'. I dont add the milk though. i just stir in a muller and put it in the fridge overnight. add a bit of fruit in the morning and of you go.

Back