30 Day Shred - Join me if you dare!! (Started 25.08.13)

Oh my days, my nerves were fried, lol. I can laugh at it now but yesterday I was up and down the high street then had to go to two supermarkets to get the ones he likes (read: the only ones he'll have). I got back after 8 pm expecting him to be asleep but he wasn't, hubby had him on his chest, stroking him but still he wouldn't sleep. I popped a washed one in his chops and his eyes closed, as if in relief, then he waved his hand and said, "night night". bless.

Ok, day 9 of shred done, I'm just going to carry on like yesterday didn't happen. Tomorrow is last day of level 1 of shred, still doing 2 mins of abs, going to try do some computer magic and double the ab workout so I don't need to keep rewinding the DVD to do abs again. Tmi alert, sweated like nobody's business but man can I feel it in my belly! Bye bye JellyB! Lol

Bless him, my sins the same he will only have the dummy's with the cherry teat.
where do I find this challenge I would like to try it out
x

Hiya Emmy, only saw your post now, sorry. I bought DVD (amazon, used, about a fiver) or you can get videos on utube and other places for free. It's brilliant!

I have dropped the ball again today, I had a manic day and was not able to do it and we had dinner guests this evening and they've only left now, it's too late. Tbh, I am kinda glad as I've hurt my knee and ankle. I've got ankle in one of those strap things.

I am too heavy to repeatedly do high intensity workouts like that (though I know Jillian says it's ok). I am going to give it a go for a few more days and reassess. Might have to change all cardio to 'punches' but am still motivated to do the rest of shred. Tomorrow is last of levels 1 and move to level 2 on sat!

Thanks ill look now, hope ur ankle feels better soon x

Thanks emmie, seems ankle and knee are still not up for it. I did vigorous marching, knee lifts, walking jumping jacks. Still heart rate up and did the trick. So that's day 10 done, so start on level 2 today. Will just continue doing modified cardio without jumping until knee and ankle heals. How's everyone else doing?

Sorry guys but I am dropping out of 30DS. I have sts for the last month and I have only been doing Atkins 6 weeks! I have nearly 7st to lose and I want to see some results. I might start walking in the am before sprogs up to see if I can shift it that way. If I get into 15s this side of Christmas I might take it up again but we'll see.

Sorry to drop out :( Good luck to you guys carrying on x

I totally understand you hunny, I gained while on the shred and even though I know it was healthy muscle it doesn't help the mind set when you have substantial amount to lose like us!! Ill make a deal with you, when we both get to the 15s, we"ll pick up the shred again!! Only 16 weeks until Christmas, even 1lb loss a week will get you very near those 15s. Hold that head up high and get ready to hear me tell you "told you so" when you get a bloody good loss next Sunday! Sending hugs x x

Right peeps, forget what I said above. I am going to continue the 30DS buy am going to alternate it with cardio sessions, ie. walking. I am going to try still do 6 days a week but will now do 1 day cardio, 1 day shred x 3 then rest on Sunday. So, since today is Sunday it is my rest day. :D Start a walk tomorrow.

Good idea,

i had to add in cardio to see any losses as the scales started creeping up as soon as I started the shred.

Yay! Well done you x

Me too. My old knee problem has resurfaced in the last couple of days so I don't dare try the shred at the moment because the lunges really aggravate it. Doing lots of cardio instead until it feels a bit better x

Well done you! *takes her hat off*.

Just posted on your thread, I found it did help with toning but wasn't kind to me on the scales.

I've not been back to it this week but I will try and fit in 2 sessions $this week. Might go back to level 1 though, as will have been out of it for a whole week (last one done Fri 6th). It also allows me to do exercise while hubby doing his. x

Yeah, the last time I did shred the scales went up and I didn't feel particularly toned but looking back I can see I was.

I went back to basics on the diet I was doing though and I got back to goal .

I've just been for a 45 min walk with the dog and my legs are pinging!!

Woop woop!

Day 3 of the shred done. I feel ACE!
Every time I start exercise I get this high!!

I am TRYING to see how my skinny (unforgiving) topshop jeans and favourite badda boom dress look and feel as opposed to weight on the scales which can just throw me off!

Kellmo xx

Back