30 day shred

Hi I have done the dvd (well started it) and yes the routine is the same for 1st 10 days x[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, thought I was missing something.

Hi. Sparkley, your doing really well. I think I might get a bike when I get back. The problem for me is that it's really hilly where I live. Nat, what day are you on with the DVD? Well done for starting it. I tried a couple of years ago but didn't keep it up. I will this time. Zoe , I'm pleased your back is getting better. I'm not looking forward to my holiday ending but am (in a wierd sort of way) looking forward to going back on 100% TS and starting the 30 day shred.

I have trouble with them too. I have a bad lower back anyway and haven't been able to do it for the last week. How did you find star jumps mine got better by day 3 but surprising how hard they are. Keep posting, let us know how you get on.
I don't find the starjumps too bad, or the skipping. It's the strength and abs which get to me! I really stuggle with all the lunge movements, can't see to master the technique!
Do you take any breaks?

Hi. Sparkley, your doing really well. I think I might get a bike when I get back. The problem for me is that it's really hilly where I live. Nat, what day are you on with the DVD? Well done for starting it. I tried a couple of years ago but didn't keep it up. I will this time. Zoe , I'm pleased your back is getting better. I'm not looking forward to my holiday ending but am (in a wierd sort of way) looking forward to going back on 100% TS and starting the 30 day shred.

Hi Lynne, spotted your holiday updates on other theads... sounds like you've had an amazing time. I know what you mean about feeling ready to get back on the plan, I'm always like that when I've been on holiday. Eating out here is a big treat, but if you're doing it all the time on holiday it becomes the norm and you kinda crave a simple tea!

Hoping I can get the hang of cycling and that will boost my fat loss. I hear you about the hills... I'm looking for flat routes to start. To be honest, I just need to be able to ride the bloomin thing... at the moment I am so wobbly and have little confidence. I think one of the problems is that the medium sized bike was for people up to 5' 7" tall and the large bike is for 5'7" and upwards. I am 5'7" so was undecided whether to be at the top range of the medium bike or the bottom range of the large bike. The shop convinced me that the larger frame bike would be better for me so I went with that. But even with the seat at its lowest position I can only just touch the ground with my tiptoes and because the seat is so low I find the bulk of my thigh meeting the bulk of my middle when the pedal is at the top uncomfortable. On the medium bike I could put my feet flat on the floor and that gave me more confidence should I have a wobble. I'll get there...

When are you back off your hols?

x

Back Friday morning. I worry about bike size as I'm only 5' 1''

I don't find the starjumps too bad, or the skipping. It's the strength and abs which get to me! I really stuggle with all the lunge movements, can't see to master the technique!
Do you take any breaks?

Don't think your able to have breaks of more than 5 seconds. I remember quite a few years ago I started a boxercise class organised at work. The first week I nearly died I was so unfit, by the end of two months I could do proper sit ups, proper press ups, the plank and quite a few other strength exercises I couldn't do on day one. And that was after just 1 hour a week.keep it up and you will c a massive difference.

Day 4 done! After it feeling a tad easier yesterday it felt as hard as ever today! Had zero energy and found the cardio a killer... Had to stop a few times as thought I would die!

x

Hi sparkley, did you manage day 5? Hope your doing ok.

Hi Zoe, all going well. Day 6 now done! Found it a bit easier today - certainly an improvement from day 1! Bought some proper hand weights too so the tins of beans are back in the cupboard!! How are you.

X

Good thanks, had a bit of a break today, I'm back at work on Monday after 3 week off so I have had a few treats but mainly salad. I have got a lovely bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge, may have to sample a glass later . Come Monday it will be 100% again for a while, we hoping to go away for a couple of days before kids go back to school but if bit I will remain 100% for as long as possible. I only had chicken and salad bowl and felt stuffed, can't get enough water down me today with the heat. Let us know how stage 2 goes.

Good thanks, had a bit of a break today, I'm back at work on Monday after 3 week off so I have had a few treats but mainly salad. I have got a lovely bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge, may have to sample a glass later . Come Monday it will be 100% again for a while, we hoping to go away for a couple of days before kids go back to school but if bit I will remain 100% for as long as possible. I only had chicken and salad bowl and felt stuffed, can't get enough water down me today with the heat. Let us know how stage 2 goes.

Hey Zoe

I was out last night with old work friends and just went for a chicken salad with no dressing. We went to ASK restaurant and their online menu was really good for checking calories before I went. There was a chicken and pancetta salad with mustard dressing that was about 700 cals, but without the dressing it was down to about 320! Ridiculous! Just drank water while everyone else was on the vino. But... not a big drinker anyway so that wasn't too hard - plus I was driving. Nowhere near ready for level 2 of 30 DS so am sticking to level 1 for a while, until I've mastered it (could be a while! Lol!)

Hope you manage to get that mini break in, something to look forward to. x

I've only got 2 days left of level 1 :( dreading moving on to level 2! But can see a big difference in my stamina so far which is good! Which day are you on now sparkley?

I've only got 2 days left of level 1 :( dreading moving on to level 2! But can see a big difference in my stamina so far which is good! Which day are you on now sparkley?

Hey Becky, about the same as you, just completed day 7 so should be moving up on Tuesday! Dreading it too! There's still a point in the first cardio session where I have to stop for a min as too much. But overall much better than in the beginning. Not sure whether to stick with level 1 until I have completely mastered it then move up. I started it with 60 days to my hols so thought I would do 20 days on each level - make it a 60 day shred instead! My OH is doing it too and can really see a difference in his body shape. I'm still too fat to start seeing muscles!! x

Well day 8 done of the shred. Can't quite believe I've stuck with it every day for 8 days, but in a strange way I kind of enjoy it. I do it first thing in the morning and although I feel I can't face it I tell myself that in 20 minutes time I will have finished it and feel all the better for it.

It takes me ages to cool down afterwards.... especially in this weather. I've been having a cold shower afterwards to cool off.

Really hoping that doing this hardcore 20 mins of exercise a day will have an impact on my weight loss. Looking forward to Mondays weigh in as do feel like I have lost weight this week - will be disappointed if it's not much!

How's everyone else getting on? Lynne, are you back and raring to go?

Going on a bike ride this afternoon. Well when I say bike ride, I mean trying to stay on it for more than 30 seconds before having a wobble!

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Hi sparkley, your found really well with the shred, all I will say is don't be too disappointed if you don't lose as much as you had hoped, but you will have probably lost more inches than in previous weeks and it all adds the cause, keep it up, ill be joining again soon.

Hi sparkley, your found really well with the shred, all I will say is don't be too disappointed if you don't lose as much as you had hoped, but you will have probably lost more inches than in previous weeks and it all adds the cause, keep it up, ill be joining again soon.

Hi Zoe, thanks very much, am pretty pleased with myself for sticking with it. Plus... did 7 miles on the bike this afternoon... it nearly killed me! I think my OH has turned into my own personal trainer and kept saying 'just a bit further, you can do it' which I did, but then we had to turn round and do it all the way home again. The last mile or so I felt like I was running on empty... I probably was having only had a shake this morning before we set off. Plus did the 30 day shred first thing as well. Now feel exhausted! I managed to get over my bike riding nerves and we went along a canal path that was flat and wide and gave me chance to get used to riding again after so long.

Think my legs and bum will be killing tomorrow!

Yeah, I keep thinking it will be just typical for me to get on the scales on Monday and not have budged, or not budged by the amount I think I deserve for the level of effort! But slow and steady and we'll get there in the end. I did a ketosis stick test yesterday morning and it was very dark purple so think I am in a good ketosis-wise.

Have you dropped your 1lb yet to 2 stones? I am hoping to hit that on Monday but will need to have lost 3lb to achieve it.

OH has now gone on a 15 mile ride at his own pace after babysitting me this afternoon. He's just bought a road bike and thinks he's the next Bradley Wiggins!!

Hope sun is out in Chesterfield, been a bit mixed here today but on the whole sunny.

x

Daren't get on the scales yet, had two picnics this week, could have been worse as OH was off too and we have been out most days, I really enjoyed the picnics but was glad to get back on the packs today, not drank much water though. I'm back at work Monday so dreading that, at least I've probably picked the best 3 weeks of year to have off. I would like to lose another stone by end of August before we go to legoland, so I need to buckle down, and start the shred, would like to do some running but not sure my body would take that and the shred.

Daren't get on the scales yet, had two picnics this week, could have been worse as OH was off too and we have been out most days, I really enjoyed the picnics but was glad to get back on the packs today, not drank much water though. I'm back at work Monday so dreading that, at least I've probably picked the best 3 weeks of year to have off. I would like to lose another stone by end of August before we go to legoland, so I need to buckle down, and start the shred, would like to do some running but not sure my body would take that and the shred.

Well I found it very hard doing shred and the bike ride in one day... but I am nearly 22 stones so its going to be hard work shifting that lot around! Love picnics too! Fingers crossed for your WI on Wednesday. Reckon if you put your mind to it you could do a stone by end of August. You might find it easier when you're back at work Zoe X

Hi, I'm back from holiday and back on exante from today. (Only put 4lb on while I was away so well chuffed.) Don't feel particularly motivated to manage 100% but will just have to make myself do it. Zoe - do you want to start doing the 30 day shred today or tomorrow? Let me know and I'll do the same. I would prefer to start tomorrow.

Back