30 day shred

Hi sparkley, diet was going really well 1st week after Christmas, was really motivated then we had a close family member die suddenly, lots of stuff has been happening since, family get togethers etc. That's the reason for Zumba tomorrow were doing it to raise money for a trust fund. My new shifts have started so I am still staying positive. I've been trying to stick to the 5:2, using the packs. When I'm on days I have 2 packs then salad with something for tea. Then at least 2 other days I have just 3 packs. I'm obviously not in ketosis but I've lost total of 12lbs since Christmas. But it's better than nothing. I'm starting to exercise next week so hopefully my head will sort itself out. Need to get my skinny jeans back out and put them on my wardrobe door!! Your doing so well and just shows even with the meals your still losing, not far to go now. I'll be back on here when I'm back with it. Think if I could have 3 bars a day it would be better but I'd probably get bored of them.

Hi Zoe, so sorry to hear about the family death - such a sad time and puts everything else into perspective. You've done really well to do as well as you have done under those circumstances, not sure I could have done that.

I have some good news for you... Exante are now allowing us to have 3 bars a day so long as you up your water intake to cover that which you would have had in shakes or meals. Also, if you have 3 bars a day you are consuming around 70 calories more which might affect losses over a long time. But... if it means you can stick with it then I reckon it would be a good idea. Also, the new choc bars can have a laxative effect... Which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it!!

Get back on the shred Zoe, I can't believe I am still doing it! In fact the other day I did two back to back. Did level 2 and then went straight into level 3! Was knackered by the end if it but when I think back to how hard I found level 1 when I started it is amazing at how much fitter it makes you.

Enjoy those bars!! X

Thanks sparkley, did 2hrs today, Zumba, paloxing and konga. Wow it was amazing. Love paloxing. Might try the shred again just miss my day shifts out.

WOW Sparkley, well done! You look fabulous in your picture and it really does look like two different people! Amazing!!! x

Sorry it's piloxing, cross between Pilates and boxing, but it is in no way relaxing. It's great I really loved it.

Ooh, that sounds interesting if not a bit hardcore!! When I went to Body Pump last week I was early so saw the end of the class before which was a kind of kick boxing type thing that I think I might try. Looked like a good cardio workout which should burn off some fat!

Hope this week goes well for you x

WOW Sparkley, well done! You look fabulous in your picture and it really does look like two different people! Amazing!!! x

Hi Starshine... thank you soooo much! Feeling much better that this time last year. Still a fair way to go but getting there!

Looks like your doing really well too... you'll soon be at your target weight with Exante TS. We could both be looking forward to enjoying a slimline summer! x

Hi Sparkley. How well are you doing! You consistently lose every week! Yes, I did day 1 of the plank, squats and crunches yesterday! It's quite good for me as it doesn't take too long. I did start the shred again but then couldn't do it because I had pulled a tendon in my arm.

Hi Starshine... thank you soooo much! Feeling much better that this time last year. Still a fair way to go but getting there!

Looks like your doing really well too... you'll soon be at your target weight with Exante TS. We could both be looking forward to enjoying a slimline summer! x

I cannot wait for my weigh in!! A slimline summer would be absolutely fantastic! I am going to introduce exercise this week as I have been avoiding it for a while! Have a fantastic day and keep up the great work! :) xx

Hi Guys! Do I need to be on Exante to post here?

Thanks Zoe :) just ordered my 30 Day Shred DVD - scared! What are you restarting?

I have got this and I have vowed to start it on Thursday after being weighed. Tried it before and stuck to the Day SIX!! Going to do it all the way this time though!!

(I think)

Good luck UncleJohnBoy! Let me know how you get on. My DVD should be here by the weekend so will try it then, I'm scared as it sounds impossible! I'm incredibly unfit and really big.

Good luck UncleJohnBoy! Let me know how you get on. My DVD should be here by the weekend so will try it then, I'm scared as it sounds impossible! I'm incredibly unfit and really big.

You should have it by Thursday Cleo, we will have to stick to it together day by day!! You up for it????

Thanks Zoe :) just ordered my 30 Day Shred DVD - scared! What are you restarting?
Hi, I started this challenge believe it or not. But every time a do a couple of days I end up with a trapped nerve in my back (I do suffer with back problems) if you see the updates from sparkley she started the challenge with me a did and is still doing amazing. At the beginning she struggled so stuck to week 1 until she could do it all the way through, think she ended up doing 30days of each level instead of 7 days, but she has stuck to it virtually everyday since starting. I need to get my head in gear from all points diet and exercise before the summer is upon us. Good luck, keep posting your updates.

Hi Starshine, Zoe, CleoB and UncleJohnBoy, I started 30 Day Shred end of July last year and have done it pretty much 5/6 days a week since.

It is really hard going when you start... well it was for me at 22+ stones anyway! I had to take a breather in the cardio as thought I was going to have a heart attack! And some of the plank and push up exercises were too hard for me. I stuck with level one for a month, until I could do it all, before I moved on to level 2 and then level 3.

Now I alternate between the workouts... Monday level 1, Tuesday level 2, Wednesday level 3 and then repeat. The other day I did levels 2 and 3 back to back - hard to believe it really when I think how hard it was when I started it.

It is still hard but I feel like I get a lot more out of it. I can spend time perfecting the moves rather than just trying to keep breathing! I am still a sweaty heap by the end of it though!

It has made a huge difference to my body shape - especially my legs, bum and arms. Previously when I've lost weight without exercising my legs have stayed very big, but they have really toned up and trimmed down this time. I can feel my muscles and feel I have much more power in my legs. I really notice this when doing things like walking our two dogs - especially if walking up a hill, I can feel my muscles working and powering me on where as before I just felt like I was dragging these two big tree trunks around!!

Today I started on level 1 of Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. My OH has been doing this one for a while and he's just moved up to level 2. I thought it would give my body a change from the shred. The workout is good and there's still plenty of cardio to keep your heartrate up.

I also go to a body pump class 1 or 2 times a week which is weight lifting working all muscle groups. My arms really ache after that and I have built some visible muscle in my upper arms.

I bought a kettlebell the other day and want to start using that in a workout too.

So my advice would be to stick with it, regardless of how hard you find it initially. It really is worth it and once it becomes part of your normal daily routine you don't even think about the option of not doing it. I get up at 6.30am, drink a pint of water, do the workout, drink another pint of water then go and shower and get ready for work. I don't always do the workout on a Saturday as sometimes go to body pump on a Saturday morning, and I have Sunday off from exercise - other than a dog walk.

Post on here your progress... I'll be checking!

x

Thanks UncleJohnBoy and Zoe :) I'm definitely up for doing the Shred and posting my progress.

Sparkley - wow, you are a real inspiraiton! If you can do it at (formerly) 22 stone then maybe I can manage it after all. Bit worried about the fact it's daily - I've always had a day's rest after each workout day when I've made attempts at working out before; day on, day off!
I'm absolutely terrified as I am totally unfit and struggle with exercise of any kind, but you have really inspired me to give this a real go :) Thanks :)

Back