32 weeks of 100% - The scribblings of a wishful thinker.

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
I could probably kick myself in the face just thinking about the amount of food diaries I've started or how many times I've rejoined Slimming World and then switched to blah, blah, blah. It's pretty shameful but I'm never going to get anywhere unless I start thinking more about the future and less about the past!

I've got 32 weeks (and 6 days) until I walk down the aisle and 33 weeks and a few more days until I jet off to Mexico! It's really not that long, so I need to get my head in the zone and super focused. I'm going to start the 30 Day Shred (eek!) this evening and see how that goes. I'm really excited about it all. I've eaten so much junk over Christmas, detox January is more than called for!

I guess I'm starting this diary really because I know how much planning and being prepared helps me, so this will be half ramblings and half foodage! I've got about 5 stone to lose but I'm going to really push it and hope for the best.

Lots of red days, lots of exercise, lots of water and lots of fruit!

First target: 21lbs in 30 days.

This seems totally extreme but really, when you take in the initial first weigh in and stuff, I think I can just about do it! With the help of Jillian Michaels, of course. :)

Second target: 30lbs by March 1st.

This is also a bit extreme but needs must. I think if I don't hit this by the April 1st I'm going to go on some crazy milkshake diet, so I really hope I do it!

Third target: 3 Stone down by May 2nd.

Wishful thinking? ;) Anywho, I should probably go and do my first round of the dreaded shred! Any advice or tips or corrections are super welcome!

x

Thank you! :) I'm keeping both of my fingers crossed that I do hit the targets but to be honest, as long as I try my best and know that I've done as much as I can I'll still be happy if I don't.

Congrats on your future wedding RHALLAN84, I only just noticed there's a brides diary section!! Oops. I've got just under 8 months til mine, it's gone so quickly though. We've been engaged almost 2 years and it's flown by! Have you got all your plans sorted?

Today is the first day on the diet and it's a been a bit mad. I was up reeeally late working last night so I didn't get out of bed til 1pm and then I had to wait a few hours until my weekly shop arrived!

The plan is:

1 pack of Southern Fried Fridge Raiders (2.5 syns)
Roasted butternut squash, marinaded chicken and pomegranate salad
Wholemeal roll (HEXB) with butter (2 syns)
Mango
Fruit tea

Total syn: 4.5

I've not decided what I'll have my HEXA on yet but will see what I feel like later! :) So excited to start losing! x

Last edited:
Sooo...

Today didn't go too badly. I ended up having another roll (they're only mini wholemeal ones so you get 2 for a HEX anyway!) and chicken breast but I'm still within syns and stuff. Maybe more superfree could've been eaten. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!

Day 2: Red Day

Ready brek, milk and berries (HEXA and HEXB)
Mango
Orange soup
Grapes
Leek and chicken stew with brown rice (2 syns)
Fruit tea

:D

I've seen people with more extreme goals than that, 6/7lb a week or something...yeah it's doable i think (unless you're like me and lose impossibly slow :p). Good luck :)

Thanks. I guess I'm really hoping to get a big loss my first week. I did slimming world last year and lost over 3 stone, I put back on about 9lbs over the space of a month and then lost it all in the first week when I went back later in the year. This time I've put on 2 stone (sad times) so I presume it won't shift quite as easily as it did before but I'm keeping my fingers crossed to have the main bulk of it gone as quickly as possible! When I think back to how much hard work I put in to lose the weight before, only to gain it all back... I feel like a super chump. It's the first time I've done that so hopefully it won't happen again!

Bit of an edit to Day 2. I ran out of gas and couldn't get any until the boy came home, so I ended up having a packet of fridge raiders for lunch. So to readjust the menu:

Day 2: Extra Easy

Ready brek, milk and raspberries (HEXA and HEXB)
Southern fried fridge raiders (2.5 syns)
Mango
Wholegrain express rice (half a pouch), chicken and leek stew and asparagus (2 syns)
Camomile and vanilla tea
A handful of grapes

Total syns: 4.5

Preplanning for tomorrow.

Day 3: Red Day

Ready brek pancakes with some lemon and sweetener (HEXA and HEXB)
Lunch at my little sisters, she's preparing a super healthy salad with lots of fruit so hopefully it will all be syn free.
Gourmet burgers... flavour yet to be decided!

I've started a blog to post recipes and what not, combining my love for foods and cooking with my love for writing, so I'm hoping to come up with a whole bunch of 'gourmet burger' recipes as they're good for red days and carbs are not my friends. Can't wait to get going!

Yeah, i put on 8.5lb in 3 months...and i'd love for it to come off in one week, but doubt it will but who knows, when i went on holiday in july i put on 7lb and lost 8lb the next week...so it can happen!

Congrats on your future wedding RHALLAN84, I only just noticed there's a brides diary section!! Oops. I've got just under 8 months til mine, it's gone so quickly though. We've been engaged almost 2 years and it's flown by! Have you got all your plans sorted?

Well the answer is yes and no as we have the venue, photographer, I've chosen my dress(which will now need altering come November anyway) and chosen bridesmaids and flower girls. I had a mini stress come the beginning of Jan realising I would be married in under a year!
Suppose I'm focusing on losing weight when I should be focusing on wedding planning lol

I know how you feel! It'll be 7 months until the wedding on the 20th January and all I've got so far is the venue, some of the mens suits, bridesmaid dresses and the photographer. We're getting married in Scotland and I've not even booked our flights lol. Probably got just about another month before I go into full panic mode!

I did a sneaky weigh this morning and it was showing at 14st2lbs - so that's like... 7lbs down from Wednesday morning! I have been extremely good this week though. Little bit proud! My biggest 'first week loss' has been 9.5lbs so if I can beat that I'll be super happy!

I'm also finding that writing a recipe blog is amazingly encouraging. It's making me really focus on trying new food and come up with new ideas, I love it. I feel like this is more of a long term project than a diet! Just hope I don't burn out in the first month.

Day 4: Extra Easy

(No breakfast, woke up late!)
Roasted butternut squash soup with a wholemeal roll (HEXb + 2 syns for butter)
Wholemeal spaghetti with a red wine and basil bolognese, topped with 30g cheese and a heap of spinach (HEXa + 2 syns for the wine)
Bowl of strawberries, grapes and raspberries
Mullerlight greek strawberry yogurt (1/2 syn)

Total syns: 4.5

x

Good luck Hun, what a fab incentive to lose the weight for.
i did it back in 2010 for my wedding :) and if I can do it I know you can too...
im off to Mexico in April too, sooooo can't wait.

Keep up the good work xxx

Thanks MrsW! I've been a long time Minimins lurker and I remember seeing your before and after pics and you looked uhhhmazing, definitely inspirational!
Let me know how you get on in Mexico too! It'll be the first time I've ever been, crazy excited about it. :)

Today has been a triumph. I'm still really full from my dinner and I've got some berries for later. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the new Mullerlight Greek Style Strawberry yogurt. Maybe it's cause I've not had anything overly sweet the last few days but it tasted reeeally chemically and dare I say it, too sweet? I've got three more so I won't give up just yet!

Tomorrow will be a bit trickier as I'm having dinner at my Mums but she's done slimming world before and is now calorie counting, so everything should be SW friendly. The only thing I'm worried about is that her husband serves up portion sizes that would probably feed the whole town and he makes the most amazing SW roast potatoes. Will have to show some restraint! Other than that, here's the planning so far:

Day 5: Extra Easy

Ready brek pancakes with lemon juice, sweetner and strawberries (HEXb)
Roast dinner... I'm going to guess 6 syns for any gravy or stuffing they have!
Apple and orange
Fruit tea

Total syns: 6

In other news, the fiance is trying to force feed my cat spinach... doesn't seem to be going down well! x

Urghh I woke up late again today!! Can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and get a proper routine on the go! I'm about to do the 30 day shred again, it's killing my thighs. Argh... wish me luck. :sigh:

30 Day Shred :(

So I didn't have any breakfast because I woke up late. I had my roast dinner at the folks, kept it low in syns. Teeny bit of stuffing, removed all visible fat from the pork and took my low syn gravy. I then forgot to eat anything else because I've been so busy working all evening! So no HEX! And it's too late to eat now... blurgh. Nevermind.

Tomorrow is my first day back in the actual office, so I'm hoping it will keep me on track. I'm planning on having a red day but I'm running out of foods! I don't get my food shopping til Tuesday! So I've managed to make some sort of coronation chicken concoction out of some cold chicken chunks, a few curry powders and spices and a muller greek yogurt! 1 syn for the whole bowl!

Day 6: Red Day

Readybrek with milk (HEXa + HEXb)
Pita bread with coronation chicken, cucumber, onion (HExb + 0.5 syns)
Spanish omlette with cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms and maybe 1 sausage (HEXa + 2.5 syns)
Sugar free jelly with strawberries (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 4ish!

Some meals planned for next week:

Lamb and lentil curry
Pork and apple burgers
Mushroom risotto
Salt & pepper chicken
Crispy chicken salad
BBQ beef burgers

Sleeps! x

So my Spanish omlette last night turned out to be 4 slices of ham. Nutritious! I have pretty much no food in at the moment so I've had a couple of slices of ham for breakfast. Foods are coming tonight though so I'll be fine for the rest of the week! I'm going to take some cereal to work for lunch and count down the hours til the shopping arrives. :(

I've been given a shopping list to go sainsburys after work cos we're running out of food too, only problem with SW, you eat far to much :p

Haha, yeah really. My stomach feels like it hasn't eaten for about three weeks! Roll on shopping o'clock...!

Okay, today I've probably eaten more than I have in the last week. I don't even know my syn count but I'mma try and work it out.

Day 7: Extra Easy

2 slices of ham
Southern fried fridge raiders (2.5 syns)
Banana
Apple
1/3 pack of Creamy tomato and basil wholegrain packet pasta (2 syns??)
Salt & pepper duck fried rice (1 syn aprox.)
Glass of Oatly Chocolate milk (HEXa)

Total syns: 5

I didn't have a HEXb :( I've been sooo busy though, tis 2am and I'm still working. Silly website launch! I've got my first weigh in in the morning, bit nervous. Hoping for a decent number. I have tried really hard this week and I've done loads of exercise. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrows plan is to be super good and not get too disheartened if the scales decide not to be my friends for the day.

Back