38lbs to go diary!

Nearing the end of Day 8. Feeling really good today after my WI this morning. I think I must be in Ketosis as my appetite is virtually non existant. Last night it got to 9pm and DH asked if I was going to have my soup!!! Didn't feel particularly hungry but ate it anyway. Today I had my shake at 11:30, bar at 4pm and will try to have my soup about 8pm. Not had much water today so will try to catch up by the end of the day. My poor son is a little confused at the moment and asked me why I only eat soup now????? He keeps trying to give me his food and can't understand why I'm not taking it when I usually help clear his plate. But that is why I am overweight!!!! (or at least one of the reasons).

Positive vibes all the way :eek:

Day 9 so far...............up early with DS so gave him this breakfast, showered and did the chores etc etc. Strawberry shake at 11ish then decided to contact my hairdresser as I deserve a treat (or at least I think I do). Devastated that she cannot fit me in until 12th July so hope that i keep being good or my treat may be taken away from me :(

Went to local fete this afternoon. Why do they all have so many cupcake stands. I am the queen of cupcake makers and I love nothing better than baking with my DS but have resisted so far whilst on this diet to avoid temptation. However its not fair on DS that he doesn't get to do it as he loves it so may have to bake for DH's office again (they don't mind).

Anyway manage to abstain whilst DH and DS ate icecreams and had my bar when we got home. I think my water helps me get through it. I carry a bottle everywhere with me and when feeling tempted I have a large swig. Another plus point of this diet is that my 4 year old now drinks far more water than ever :)

DH is in bed with a headache (I though us women did that) so not sure if he wants his dinner. He is having curry so may be a blessing if he doesn't as I love curry. I shall sit beside him with my mushrooms soup !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wavey:

Last edited:
Well done on a fantastic first week weight loss. Sounds like you are really into it now chick. Huge pat on the back your way. Keep up the good work xxxx

OMG - decided to have an impromtu BBQ today as the weather is so fantastic!!!! Planning just to have 1 maybe 2 burgers (150 cal each) and some red pepper, cucumber and carrots and Coke Zero. No bread, dips, crisps etc. My cousin will be wandering what is wrong as usually do a huge spread, think I will have to explain!

Wish me luck.....will report back later.

Well I survived the BBQ and feeling proud of myself. I have to admit that I didn't put too many tempting things on the table to make life a little easier for myself. Only ate 1 burger and 1 sausage with a plate of cucumber, carrot, pepper and celery. My treat was about a litre of ice cold Coke Zero. It was such a hot day that none of us really felt like eating but everyone was laughing at me that my 4 year old ate more than I did! Saying that I was stuffed which is a good sign.

It's now 7am and I have been up since 6:15 despite only getting to bed near 1am. Going to Take That tonight :woohoo: so trying to plan my eating. Think I will have a soup about 12:30 then a shake at 5 when I get to my friends house and then eat my bar at the concert. Perhaps with all the excitement I will forget to eat! Also got a day out planned for tomorrow to a mini theme park with my DS. Will take him a packed lunch and my bars. I bought a flask type thing the other day that has a middle section that you freeze and therefore keeps drinks cold. I will test it out today!

Bye for now (if anyone is reading this.....if not it's good for me anyway) :wavey:

Forgot to say that I also managed to resist the temptation of mini choc chip muffins!!! Only problem is that there are 5 left!!!!

Hi elmer
Well done, you're doing great! I have to cook for my DH and son every day as well and its soooo hard! Will have to start making them things I don't like, I think!
Have fun at take that tonight, I think its supposed to b such an amazing show that eating will be the last thing on your mind!

I think I am slightly sadastic cos I keep cooking DH all my favourite food.....tbh there isn't much I don't like :)

SOooooooo looking forward to Take That.....all that dancing should get rid of a few lbs :)

I'm back....haven't posted for a couple of days as been so busy. Its now Day 13!!! On Day 11 I went to see Take That in concert and was very proud of myself as I stayed 100% even though my friends were eating and drinking around me. They cannot understand how I can do this diet but one of them started SW a couple of days before I started this and W1 lost 3lbs and W2 gained 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely my diet is better!?!??!?!?

Day 12 was spent with DS, friend and her DS at a mini theme park. I took DS a picinic and a bar for me. Was sooooo tired last night that I fell asleep on sofa and DH woke me at 9:30 asking if I was eating today!?!?!? Had tomato soup quickly then bed.

Day 13 started badly...........decided to dig the scales out of their hiding place but so wish I hadn't. I've only losst 1.8lbs :( and only have 2 days before WI. Not looking good for more than 2lbs this week which I can't understand as I've been 100% everyone day except one when I ate a few chopped carrots, pepper, celery and cucumber, 1 sausage and 1 burger!! Mustn't give up hope :eek:

So far today I have had my shake and will have my bar shortly. Ran out of Tesco bars last week and I have been there 3 times since and still no raspberry ones! Had to buy the choc ones today so will give it a try.

Out of the day again tomorrow with DS so need to stay focused.....will take him a picnic again as can't cope seeing him eat fast food :(

Hey Elmer
Don't give up hope yet! Could easily drop another couple of lbs by weigh in through water, hormones, etc. I've also noticed on a few people's signatures that week 2 they only lose a couple, then from week 3 onwards lose 4-5lbs... maybe its our bodies adjusting after the initial shock! Either way a few bits of meat and veg aren't going to stop you from burning fat, so it'll drop off at some point!
Enjoy your day out tomorrow, how old is your DS?

Hi Lasteverdiet,

DS is 4 and a real handful. So loving one minute and a devil child the next but then I suppose most 4 year olds are the same. He starts Reception class in September so I will be going back to work then hopefully. Not sure how easy it will be doing this diet whilst working especially when you are the new girl but maybe I will have got to target by then.

However...........confession time!!!! I ate a raspberry muffin yesterday (no icing). My mum came to visit to look after DS whilst at concert on Monday night and brought raspberries from her garden. DS doesn't like them and I'm not allowed so yesterday decided to do some baking with DS for DH to take into work. Made the cakes but when they came out the oven they looked really pale although seemed cooked so I cut one in half to check they were cooked and it then accidentally slipped into my mouth!!! :( I am feeling very guilty but won't let this one slip up set me back. Today is last day before WI tomorrow morning so will be 100% and drink loads of water.

Off to Woburn Safari Park today so will be doing lots of walking and will try to fit my power plate in when I get back. Need to go and buy a new hairdryer as mine blew up half way through drying my hair this morning. Nearly had heart failure and there was a huge bang! Wouldn't mind so much but it's only a few months old and I can't find my receipt!

Anyway I will remain positive, I will NOT lapse today and I will have lost some weight tomorrow. If it's only a small loss it's still a loss and I will hope that W3 is better and it seems to be for some people.

It happens honey. The big things is being able to draw a line under it and pick yourself up and carry on with the plan. Hope you have a lovely day at the safari park- certainly the weather for it babe xx

Back from Woburn........good day except DS was bitten by a monkey!!!!!! :( Apparantly about 2 or 3 people get bitten a year so typical it was him. He wasn't even touching them he was just standing there with his hand on the fence and it jumped on him!!! Staff were very apologetic and called a first aider who cleaned him up (lots of blood bless him).

Got home just after 4pm so have just eaten my bar. Stayed 100% so far even though I have to buy DS a donut from Tesco as a treat. Didn't really want to visit a shop today but as hairdryer blew up I had no choice.

Really focused today. Had a chat with my best friend and she has persuaded me to move on and not allow myself to slip up again then I won't feel awful again. Like Gaga says it happens to everyone, just angry with myself that it happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to start DS's dinner now....chicken, roast pots and veg!!!! DH will have same except pork chops.
I will be having a lovely veg soup which is my favourite and I am actually looking forward to it.

Well done for remaining string. Your poor son...have you had him checked out other than with the first aider? If the monkey penetrated the skin then best to get some antibiotics as a precaution babe (sorry paediatric nurse head comes back on!) happy cooking too and steer clear of those donuts hehehe!!

Hi Elmer
Well done for getting straight back on track after muffin-gate! I've realised that everyone has occasional slips when dieting, and the secret is just to get back on with it (and not turn it into an excuse for a month-long binge like I have always done in the past!)
Your sensible approach is an inspiration to me... I'll try to remember it when I have my inevitable slip!
Not surprised to hear your 4yo is a handful, mine's only 1 and he already gets up to loads of mischief! Boys eh?

Well done for remaining string. Your poor son...have you had him checked out other than with the first aider? If the monkey penetrated the skin then best to get some antibiotics as a precaution babe (sorry paediatric nurse head comes back on!) happy cooking too and steer clear of those donuts hehehe!!

No didn't get him checked out....tried to get an appointment with his GP but nothing until next Thursday. There are 2 small puncture wounds but he seems fine today. I will keep a close eye on him and if need be take him to a walk in clinic. x x

Hi Elmer
Well done for getting straight back on track after muffin-gate! I've realised that everyone has occasional slips when dieting, and the secret is just to get back on with it (and not turn it into an excuse for a month-long binge like I have always done in the past!)
Your sensible approach is an inspiration to me... I'll try to remember it when I have my inevitable slip!
Not surprised to hear your 4yo is a handful, mine's only 1 and he already gets up to loads of mischief! Boys eh?

'Muffin-gate' lol! I have never been an insipiration to anyone so am honoured - thanks x

DS is amazing and the light of my light but boy there are times I feel I can't cope. DH isn't much help in the week as he leaves home at 6:45 and isn't back until 7ish. I just try to spend as much time outdoors with him so wear him out and help me burn that fat!!!

Anyway had my W2 WI today and not a happy bunny...only 2.5lbs this week :eek: Been 100% except for the muffin-gate incident but I will not use this as an excuse to give up or fail. Looking at others diaries it seems some people do better on weeks 1 and 3 then W2 so here's hoping for a better result next Friday.

Still can't get Tesco bars so surviving on Slim fast bars which are ok.........maybe this is the reason for the poor loss! Are Slim Fast bars OK??????????

Going to watch Andy Murray in wimbledon soon as a treat. Will put a DVD on for DS and have an hour to myself for a change while I eat my bar.

Hey Elmer
Not sure if slimfast bars have more sugar in? Even so 2.5lbs is a pretty good loss - on any other diet I think I'd be chuffed with that, its just doing exante that sets our sights so high! Yeah I've noticed that week 2 is often 2ish lbs, then week 3 is more like 5lbs, so thats worth keeping on track for!

Didn't get chance to post yesterday as dashing about all day. Was 99.9% yesterday as I sneaked a slice of ham when making DS an omelette. I don't think that will hurt :)

I am certainly hoping for 4lb next WI as then I will have lost a stone and be over the moon. Another huge incentive is that we booked a holiday yesterday. I now have 7.5 weeks to lose at least another 14lbs but pref 21lbs! Is it achieveable???????? Only time will tell but I will do my damndest!

My next dilemna is clothes............if I leave shopping until just before my holidays then most shops will have moved to autumn/winter clothes but if I buy now what size???? Actually I don't think I need to buy anything as I have a wardrobe of clothes I can't get into so will just have to hope they fit by the time we go. Also a bit worried that if they fit at the start of the holiday will they still fit at the end when I have been eating normally. I think DH will go mad if I take shakes with me. I will leave it until nearer the time and see how much weight I have lost and what I can afford to gain without busting out of my clothes. Will wear the tightest clothes at the start of the holiday leaving the loosest for the end :)

Anyway to today......going out again for day to country show. Will have my shake before we go and take a bar. Cooking a roast for DS and DH today but will envisage that bikini if I have cravings.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and enjoy the weather.

Lovely, a holiday! Where are you off to? 21lbs definitely achieveable, won't it be lovely to be so much lighter, especially if you're going somewhere hot!
I'm the same, have everything from size 12-20 already - can't wait to do a bit of free 'wardrobe shopping' when I drop a size!
Have fun today x

Back