38lbs to go diary!

Off to Egypt 5* so can't wait :D Just made DS & DH a picnic to take with us today and didn't pick at the ham......visions of a bikini keep floating through my head :)

Wow, 5* sounds like heaven. Since I was pregnant with DS we've only had UK breaks, looking forward to when he's older (and we have some cash again!) and can start seeing some more of the world!
Keeping thinking of that bikini and you'll soon be in it!

Holidays are our one treat so we save every year to ensure a good one. DS is a bit of a jet-setter already at the age of 4. His first holiday was to Mexico at 8 months and he's now also been to Kos, Dominican Republic, Egypt (already) and Mauritius. Now I am no longer working though the holidays may have to be downscaled although we are planning Florida with family for next year. Suppose I had better get a job when he starts school :eek:

Wow, you're brave! No way would I have managed a long-haul with DS when he was 8 months, mind you he's a bit of a screamer! I'm definitely planning on taking DS to see the world at some point when we've got some cash again - I think every holiday I had til I was a teenager was in the UK or camping in France!

Wow, you're brave! No way would I have managed a long-haul with DS when he was 8 months, mind you he's a bit of a screamer! I'm definitely planning on taking DS to see the world at some point when we've got some cash again - I think every holiday I had til I was a teenager was in the UK or camping in France!

I know what you mean....we upgraded to premier class and got loads of dirty looks from other flyers for bringing a baby but he was really good on the way there although screamed blue murder on the way back. But as I said to one woman I paid as much to upgrade as she did and if the airline had had a policy about not having babies in premier then we wouldn't be there but as we were talk to the airline!!! That shut her up.

We holidayed in Mablethorpe every year until I was 11 and then dad announced we were going abroad for the 1st time. My sister and I were all excited as all our friends were going to Spain etc, that was until he told us we were staying on a farm in Denmark!!!!!!!LOL! Think that's why I am making up for it now.

:wavey:

Well it's nearly the end of day 20. DS has been fed and DH's dinner made just needs to be reheated when he gets in. He will be late tonight as on a training course in London. This always used to be my weak time as I would sit and eat crisps and crackers before he got in and then still eat a full dinner with him despite feeling full already. Just made a cup of oxo to keep me going and will have my soup about 8pm......Tomato tonight which isn't my favourite but alot nicer now than the first time I tried it.

Little bit worried today about my dog. All day yesterday and today she has refused to jump up and she normally spends most of her life laying on the sofa. Yesterday I had to lift her into the car as well. She goes up and down our stairs no problem and she has seemed fine on her walks (even running) so really don't know what her problem is. May have to take her to vets tomorrow if she isn't any better. DH did suggest that she is knackered from all the extra exercise she is getting now. She used to get a 30 minute walk and yesterday we were out for 3 hours with her!!!!

Good day today.....stayed 100% and really looked forward to WI on Friday.

Back from vets and they think she has hurt her back. Got painkillers for her and told to only walk her for 10 minutes a day for the next week!!! Will have to walk on my own now as I having been going out for 1-2 hours a day!!! Probably why she has a bad back!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor thing. May have to get my bike out but was waiting until the gel saddle I bought arrives and its a big painful on my bum!!!

Have promised DS that I will take him to McDonalds for his dinner tonight as a treat. This actually doesn't bother me as I never really liked McD's.........BK I love!!!!!!!! WI tomorrow morning so have to stay on the straight and narrow today. Praying for a reasonable loss :)

Soooo proud of myself. Decided to pump up my bike tyres and go for it. DS was so happy to go for a bike ride with mummy. We were out for 45 minutes although there was a lot of stopping and starting on DS's part. Did get a bit out of breath so that must be good. If it's not raining tomorrow I may go out on my own while DS is at nursery. Also not tempted by any of DS's chips at McDonalds! Not a single morsel of food has passed my lips today except for a shake and a bar. It's now 9:15pm so must have more soup as I will be in bed soon. DS had me up at 6 this morning so he was in bed an hour earlier than usual.

WI in the morning, hoping for a good result.

So, so, so, so happy this morning..........5lbs have gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now lost 15.5lbs so have passed the next one of my mini goals and lost a stone! I am absolutely thrilled :D :D :D :D

I am starting to see a difference in my clothes although I am not kidding myself that I still have a long way to go. Ideally I want to lose another 20lbs in the next 6.5 weeks so that I weigh 11st 12 before I go on holiday. Can't remember what weight I got down to for Mauritius last year but it was the low 12 stone area. I am in two minds whether to be good on holiday or just enjoy myself? I did contemplate taking shakes with me but DH told me not to be ridiculous!!! I think he is getting a bit jealous as he could do with losing a couple of stone. He told me yesterday to stop buying him icecream but then announced he was going to have a chinese tonight to celebrate the first week at his new job!! I think I might celebrate too.....toying with the idea of having a ham omelette. Just drooling at the thought of it. Isn't this diet crazy, this time 3 weeks ago a treat was crisps, chocolate, a chinese/curry, a pizza etc etc but not an OMELETTE!!!!!!!!! I like this craziness though :)

May treat myself tomorrow and take my measurements to see if they have changed much. Got 1/2 an hour before I need to leave to pick up DS from nursery so a quick 15 minutes on my powerplate and my lovely vanilla shake before I go.

Made myself an omelette.....big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After eating 1/2 of it I felt really full and a little bit sick! At least it puts me off eating food and will keep me on the straight and narrow (hopefully).

Still got another soup to go today but don't normally have it until 9pm so got a few hours to go yet so may be able to stomach it. Also DH is having a chinese takeaway tonight so don't think I will be craving any of it :eek:

On a positive note Tesco's have the raspberry mean bars back in stock so bought 4 packets. Actually quiet like the chocolate ones now but it was nice to have a raspberry one today. Think I will alternate them.

Off to make jewellry with DS :)

Great job Elmer - you'll be feeling fab on that beach in no time :)
Interesting to hear about the omlette - am trying food for the first time tomorrow! Hoping like you I don't enjoy the experience!
Hope your jewellery making went well!

Great job Elmer - you'll be feeling fab on that beach in no time :)
Interesting to hear about the omlette - am trying food for the first time tomorrow! Hoping like you I don't enjoy the experience!
Hope your jewellery making went well![/QUO

Hope you get on better with the food than I do. Saying that I was very tempted by popcorn today but resisted. :)

Just sending a little parcel of encouragement before I head to bed, you are doing great! :D

Thanks Littleone, very much appreciated x :)

Well it's nearing the end of day 23 and I've been a bit naughty!!!!!! We were invited to a BBQ and I really let myself down and had 2 burgers and 2 sausage, about 5 carrot sticks and about half a pepper! I had planned to just have 1 burger but got carried away. To be fair the 2nd sausage was DS's fault as it was his but he only took one bite so I had to finish it off. I'm heading back to old habits :( :(

Still, I cannot and will not let this make me fail. Tomorrow I will be back 100% on TS!

Also, in my defence I have had nearly 3.5l of water today when I normally only manage about 2 - 2.5l. Bet I will be up all night weeing!

Going to have my soup now....don't feel in the slightest bit hungry but I suppose I need it for all my vitamins/minerals etc.

Off to hang my head in shame :(

Be easy on yourself! Maybe it wasn't the best thing to do - but that's ok.

First look at what you have achieved and don't forget those things. Good on you with the water - enjoy your wees tonight! And look at your signature. I'm positively jealous. :)

Don't look at is a failure.. twist it on it's head, it's a learning experience! Did you enjoy yourself in spite of it all?

You might think you're going to back habits BUT you notice that so you have power over that. One day is just one day.

So yep, all in all what I'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up and take another step forward tomorrow. Just think, you are getting closer and closer to where you want to be.

Sleep well. :)

Be easy on yourself! Maybe it wasn't the best thing to do - but that's ok.

First look at what you have achieved and don't forget those things. Good on you with the water - enjoy your wees tonight! And look at your signature. I'm positively jealous. :)

Don't look at is a failure.. twist it on it's head, it's a learning experience! Did you enjoy yourself in spite of it all?

You might think you're going to back habits BUT you notice that so you have power over that. One day is just one day.

So yep, all in all what I'm trying to say is don't beat yourself up and take another step forward tomorrow. Just think, you are getting closer and closer to where you want to be.

Sleep well. :)

Thanks Littleone :)

Woke up this morning feeling very positive, yesterday was a mistake, I won't say that I won't do it again but I will try my very best. No, I didn't actually enjoy it either!!! Silly isn't it!

I am a little worried as a week on Friday we are off to Great Yarmouth for a long weekend! Friends were supposed to be joining us but they can't now which is maybe not a bad thing. It seems that if front of DH and DS I am ok but when friends are involved I am naughty! I plan to have one small protein meal if we eat out but may just eat in the caravan when I will stick to my soups.

Anyway, thanks for words of encouragement, they really do help.

:wavey: xx

Just wnated to stop by again and congratulate you on your huge progress. You are doing an amazing job chock and I'm so proud of you. Please don;t be hard on yourself about food at the BBQ. You need to live whilst on this diet and I think you made good choices. Just think how bad it could have been. Try not to focus on what you have done and just be on what's ahead. Here's to an other great week of losses for you babe. Well done indeed. Go Elmer xxxxx

Just wnated to stop by again and congratulate you on your huge progress. You are doing an amazing job chock and I'm so proud of you. Please don;t be hard on yourself about food at the BBQ. You need to live whilst on this diet and I think you made good choices. Just think how bad it could have been. Try not to focus on what you have done and just be on what's ahead. Here's to an other great week of losses for you babe. Well done indeed. Go Elmer xxxxx

Thanks Gaga, you are right it could have been worse. There was bread, coleslaw and potato salad which I resisted so maybe I didn't do too badly.

Thanks for your encouragement, it's nice to know that people actually care! Not sure I will have a great loss but will be happy with 2/3lbs I think although ideally 4/5lbs! Will post my WI on Friday as usual.

:wavey: x

Back