4.5St Gone

Chris Judson

Hi Guys/Gals

Not very good at the self praise/credit thing so i guess i need to leave that up to you. I got to 4.5st gone and i think fell off the band wagon. Still try and attend image theropy where i can at my local slimming world group. I have attached my awards so far, my progess chart and my before and after (right is before)

Attachments

• my awards.JPG
    my awards.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 116
  • my progress.JPG
    my progress.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20170324_101000_887.jpg
    IMG_20170324_101000_887.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 136
@Enough not so brilliant though being at 13st8.5, i am 1st3lbs overwight from where i want to be but ive become lazy, i havent been to the gym in over a year, i need a good ass kicking.

how about a hug instead? :) .. and maybe a gentle plan? .. answer these questions:
- do you actually LIKE the gym?
- do you actually lie THAT gym or is it worth looking into others?
- are there other activities you might enjoy?? swimming? horse riding? learning to dance? learning to rock climb? hill walking? ...??
- what would you like to find out about in your local area?
- How could you find out? library? council? tourist information? sports centre? google?
- what would you need to buy? trainers? outfit? what else??
- could you line these up and use minimins as a record of lining this up over the next few weeks?
- what else do we need to think of? do you prefer to go alone or with friends? can you put a shout-out to mates to find out what they do??

Hugs xxxx (and gentle planning) xxxx

@Enough i used to love/hate the gym, i used to go three times a week (minimum) and go for two hours at a time on those nights inc. a 45min rowing session, i hated every minute of it, but i LOVED the weight loss results from doing it.
I quit the gym ironically because i thought it would be a good idea to save myself £17 a month by not going, so now i go home and do nothing...leads to bordom and leads to snacking/eating.

I need to go back to the same gym as its cheaper compared to other gyms. i love like virgin gym cos i can swim after gym but financially its not viable at this point in time.

- are there other activities you might enjoy?? - Photography - mostly landscape but need to improve my portrait/people photography.
- i try not to buy anything because i never seem to be able to justify the money side of things.

I bought some trainers today and I'm going to download the nhs 'couch to 5k'.. That's cheap ...

@Enough this is the thing, i have no excuse not to put my trainers on when i get home and go for a walk, esp since i have a fitbit watch which counts my steps and often goes nuts once i have hit my 6k steps target.

Hill walking with your camera? Now it's all digital there's no expensive film processing etc.. There must be somewhere worth walking near you? :)

Oooh id love a fitbit!!
So it's all about motivation.. and habits.. Could you stick the gear by the front door? And just promise yourself that you'll go just today? :)

i have lost a massive amount of motivation. and nobody else can be to blame for my lack of it, nobody told me to quit the gym or that its ok for me to eat crap, its lack of motivation and lazyness. yes i need to go 2night and hope to some sort of SWGod that i can at least maintain.

what do you use to motivate yourself? If thats you in your main picture, how do you need to loose weight?

Lol thats definitely not me in the picture!
I'm generally motivated by other people, so if i have a plan to tell someone im going to do something, then i generally stick with it.. Putting things on here definitly motivates me..
I like solutions to problems rather than self blame :)

Chris looking great there bud :)

Motivation is the end goal, being able to shop anywhere and everywhere without having to struggle to find your size, being able to run a marathon, being able to outperform the younger kids at running, football, boxing whatever it may be and also being less tired, all these in itself are motivating enough, obviously alot more other things that can motivate you.

Wow Chris you look amazing and you didn't get there without some serious motivation x We all get stuck in ruts mine lasted 45 years lol x I remember the feeling I get when I weigh in and its a gain I hate it, so that motivates me and I have a really great family and some amazing friends who are in this with me (not literally but figuratively) . I am so not a gym bunny I never go, I don't mind the odd fitness class if pushed. I do walk a lot and I have quite a physical job, but I do basic weights at home (cheap) to tone any wobbly bits, and basic core strengthening (youtube) about 10 minutes most days thats all I can squeeze in! I'm hoping as I lose more I will want to do more x I hope you get your mojo back soon x

Nice work Chris. I can be hard to get back on it once you've been out of it for a while. You need to find your inspiration again and what drove you last time?

@Sam Little last time i lost major weight, if im honest it wasnt a healthy thing, i starved myself as self harming after a hard year in May/June 2015, the whole idea of coming home and cooking for one was hard work if not emotionally challenging.

Weightloss is a journey like a roller coaster, sounds cliche but thats pretty much how it is, its hard work, and now im in a new relationship, including date nights and wanting treats has resulted in now being half a stone or more than where i was at my lowest.

Back