4 days late...question for the girls

fattymuso

Hi everyone,
Having a bit of a wobble as my, usually very punctual, period is 4 days late. Have done pg tests to make sure its not the obvious (negative) but is this normal?

I'm just coming up to the second week of 100% TS....

You have ruled out the obvious reason:eek:

It is quite likely diet related. There are all sorts of biochemical changes going on now, as your body gets used to the reduced calories. Glycogen stores are being depleted, and probably hormone production is changing. Not to mention how emotions can do strange things to you!

See how things go over the next few days.

If you are worried though, and you feel unwell in any way, you should have a chat with your GP.

Take care.

There are alot of stories of people starting vlcd's and getting pregnant not soon after!
I thought you had to wait 7-10 days after your period was due before you did a pregnancy test? May be worth doing another one in a week or so to be sure.

When I start a vlcd I get a period the very first week every time!
I have no idea why your period has gone awol though, maybe just because of the exante.

VLCDs do mess up your hormones , when fat is broken down more oestrogen is released and this can mess lots of ladies cycles up , I had the implant the first time I did a VLCD and bled for 5 months continuously .. so it could well just be hormone changes . However VLCDs are also well known for making you super fertile .. so definately worth doing another HPT in a week or so if still no sign .. you can get negative tests if you are drinking a lot of water , so make sure you do it first thing in the morning xx

If no sign in the next week definately do a re-test. I agree with Katie, you must test in the morning when your wee is more concentrated.

My period was 3 days late. Had a little panic as we'd decided to postpone our baby plans til after our wedding. It did eventually arrive though. It'll just be hormones playing games.

Back