4 litres is your lot water intake please read

monique's memoirs

hiya i posted a thread about 3 litres is it enough well yes it is more than enough ive just been on the lipotrim website and watched the dvd clip and it tells you not to go over 4 litres ive been drinking 3 litres of water not including the shakes and icecubes so im gonna cut it to 2.5 litres and then that should take me to just under 4 litres all in (water shakes icecubes) hope this helps monique ;)

originally posted by beckym on '' is 3 litres of water enough''

Drinking too much water can deplete your body of essential salts that your body needs in order to function. There have been cases where people have died as a result of too much water or water toxicity. It can also cause the brain to swell and cause you to fit. I dont want to scare anybody but you have to be careful with your water intake. 2 -2.5 litres is the recommended level, anything over that isnt recommended.

I get worried if I am out. I find I match my friends drinks (their vodka's!) with water. I couldn't sleep last night cos I was so worried I'd overdone it. I'm a bit of a worrier though!

Sh*t... I've been drinking 5+ litres a day, lol

Ah well :D I'm still alive *thumbs up*

Aye, I mean if I get another massive 8lbs or so loss this week, I think I'll just stick to what I'm doing :)

Hope this helps ......

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It! The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

Three quarts = 6pts
Bear in mind we need more to (indirectly) help break down the fat we're using for fuel instead of food and that we're not getting any from any food.

Hope this helps ......

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It! The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

Three quarts = 6pts
Bear in mind we need more to (indirectly) help break down the fat we're using for fuel instead of food and that we're not getting any from any food.

Sorry but I just want to check something please, when you say 'its how quick you drink it' How quick is dangerously quick?
I count my pints of water (its the only way I can keep track) My first drink is boiled water so I sip that as it is hot but I'll drink it within 15 - 20 mins. I then drink sparkling water, I cant gulp it as its too fizzy but a pint will last me about 20-25 mins then I'll leave it an hour for my next pint.
I was out with my friends the other day and I drink 2 and a half pints in 4 hours. I was more thirsty because of all the chatting I was doing!!! Is that ok or should I slow down? Thanks xxxx

I tend to be a bit of a binge drinker - in water terms that is!
I realise I haven't had enough and gulp down a couple of pints in quick succession. Hmm, perhaps I need to make an effort to sip at them all day instead?
I aim for about six pints a day - not sure how many litres that is - but haven't had any side effects from that.
Having said that, a few days ago when I drank quite alot in a short space of time I did start having pain in my kidneys. I thought it was strange cos I associate that with dehydration and I knew I couldn't possibly be dehydrated but perhaps it was my kidneys asking me too give them a break!!

i was drinking loads at one time too because I hated water and wanted to get it over with. But now i spread out 3 litres over a day. i keep a litre bottle and fill it. I drink half a litre per go until I have finished off three over the day( within 12 hours or so). I actually like water now even though I hated it my whole adult life!!!

I cant drink more then 2 litres, 3 if im having a good day, but saying that..i tend to gulp rather then sip.

But anywho, i think if your silly with it, say a litre in twenty minutes then thats abit ott.

The lady that died on lighterlife apparently drank 4litres in 1 hour in the evening to make up for the rest of the day. Sure if we spread out 4litres over the day it wont do us any harm, will it?

Sorry but I just want to check something please, when you say 'its how quick you drink it' How quick is dangerously quick?
I count my pints of water (its the only way I can keep track) My first drink is boiled water so I sip that as it is hot but I'll drink it within 15 - 20 mins. I then drink sparkling water, I cant gulp it as its too fizzy but a pint will last me about 20-25 mins then I'll leave it an hour for my next pint.
I was out with my friends the other day and I drink 2 and a half pints in 4 hours. I was more thirsty because of all the chatting I was doing!!! Is that ok or should I slow down? Thanks xxxx

Advice on this seems to vary but in general half a litre every hour - 90mins seems to be okay. x

I'm drinking 3 - 4 litres a day sometimes maybe slightly more as I find that I get really thirsty. Is it normal to be so thirsty?

I drink 4-5 litres of water a day from 7am - 10pm. I don't think this is extreme because I find I actually want to have a drink of ice cold water. Probably if it was winter I wouldn't feel the same... I do however find I am much colder now, both hands and body so perhaps this is due to the cold drinks and shakes as opposed to hot tea (I can't drink this black but I do coffee)???

omg someone died on lighterlife diet ????????????? well who in there right mind would gulp down 4 litres in one hour thats mad but very scary !!!!!

People have been hospitalised after drinking 2-3 litres over about an hour as it dilutes the blood chemistry too much; now this is rare (so not to be obsessed about) but should be a note of warning; if at 9pm you realise you have only drunk a litre don't neck a litre or 2 in the half hour before bed.

As Jan says it's gradual intake that is important over the 12 or so hours you are up; obviously a pint here and there in one go is not going to cause problems as long as that's not a pint every 10 mins!

I have to admit to being hopeless with this fluid intake..Im filling my litre bottle at the start of the day and amazingly for me I have just finished it..... thats early for me....

Im splitting my shakes and making them with about 400mls fluid each day... so theres some extra fluid there and Im getting through about 4-5 mugs of green/peppermint tea...

now idea if thats enough...but hopefully it works

sounds good; you're getting over a litre from tea/coffee (average mug is 180mls) so with your water and your extra in shakes adds up to more than 2L

Back