4 stone less! Fandabbydozzy!

Its the weekend!

Thanks for replying about your cycles. I had a low (ish) day yesterday as I keep convincing myself I can't have children (part of my reasons for losing weight) after reading about fibroids on the internet. I really would like to have children and friends around me are falling pregnant straight away. I blame myself for being so big and getting into this mess.

After a good cry (or 2) we went round DIY shops and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if my sense of smell has grown stronger...or I'm not used to smelling food smells anymore so when I do I notice more. There were burger vans, McDonalds and Frankie & Benny's all churning out smells to lure us but I'd taken some water which satisfied us.

Our first evening at my parents who used to (over) feed us once if not twice every weekend and...WE SURVIVED! We were strong, keeping busy as they tucked into salad, lamb and chips. They NEVER had that meal when we were there. Typical!

Today my hubby has noticed his 2nd man-boob has reduced so his world is not so lopsided. I was so pleased for him when he tried his Everton shirt on and it was loose!!!! He is going to watch them play against our hometown, Peterborough on Tues.

Have kept busy so far today. Doing housey stuff and washing 2 cars. It'd better be worth it! lol

Helen x

Its been a while!

Well its been a while since I posted on here. I've been busy with work stuff and we are about to start a decorating project so not a great time to spare really. My 2nd week weigh in and I lost 6 lbs!!! I'm in shock as I had been weighing even though I told myself I wouldn't. I did dream about a big chocolate cake that I ate and I've had weak moments 2 evenings this week where I would have normally caved in and had a takeaway. My class have been hard work lately and I eat comfort foods for the feel good factor...STOP STOP STOP
I used to eat comfort foods!!!!!
I've gone off the spicy tomato soup this week. It was making me grimace which wasn't a good feeling hehe. Have told 2 people at work today about the diet. They had lots of questions but seemed impressed.

Helen

Hi

Fantastic weight loss, 20lb in 2 weeks you should be very proud of yourself, keep up the good work. You'll be shopping for a slinky outfit come the festive season!

Its the weekend!!!

Thanks for your support and kind comments. I can't imagine too far ahead right now how I'll be but it sounds good to me. I've been stuck at the 28/30 size for about 3 years now. I found a 'before' pic of me and hubby when we were about to embark on Weightwatchers (for the umteenth time)
I have a stone to lose and James has just over to get to where we were then. Its strange really as we look better now in our faces as well as other features.

I wore a pair of trousers that had been bought for my hols in August yesterday. I'd resigned them to the DON'T WEAR AS THE SEAMS MIGHT SPLIT PILE and it felt GOOOOOOOOOD as they fit with a little room to spare. I have kinda got used to wearing trousers that are baggy but it felt nice to wear trousers that fit better. I'm itching to buy new clothes but know its not for the best YET!

We are gonna hit the gym this week now that our new diet has well established in our systems. One of the last time I went I discovered I liked the rowing machine. I'd always wanted to give it a go but didn't want to look an idiot particularly being so big. I don't go on it for long but it helps to strengthen my legs particularly my bad leg. Its a long story ... but in a nutshell a tumour was wrapped around the main nerve in my leg (nearly lost my leg!!). The nerve had to be cut so have partial feeling and can't lift my foot much. A few years later fell down stairs 5 weeks after moving into my new house and broke my ankle. In serious pain and living on painkillers just put up and shut up because of my weight. Eventually (4 yrs on) had physio and was given an ankle support which stopped the pain most of the time. Doctors are always moaning about my weight although my lovely physio told me that losing weight would help but not totally stop the pain. I've been warned that if I end up in too much pain (its become arthritic) my ankle will be fused and I'd have to wear a raised shoe. I'm determined this will not happen. I'm 30 yrs young and still have lots of life to live.

Anyway, be pleased I didn't give the long version lol We are taking my nephew to go on a monster truck today. Its a Chrimbo present from last year! I'm looking forward to it and he is sooooooo excited. For a 13 yr old who has become a bit like Kevin and Perry lately its nice to spend some quality time with him although he eats non-stop. My mum is giving him a packed lunch as she knows we don't have food. He keeps telling people we are on the 'Dust and air' diet hehe

Feeling good :)

Helen

Helen,great to hear you sounding so full of life. You are doing brilliantly and really getting the results. I have lost 20lbs too but it has taken me 11 weeks cal counting to do it! So well done you, every lb will make a difference and you will feel so much better in yourself. I do already, I am so chuffed to see those scales dropping! keep up the good work honey, love

Moley you are doing fab. keep that enthusiasm and you will do this!

Well done x

Help! I NEED to poo!!!!!!

Well, after my second week weigh in I have become constipated which is a very new concept to me as I have IBS and am usually the other way inclined. I've been taking fibregel type stuff which my CDC recommended however it seems to have done very little. I've just ordered some psyllium husk as it has been recommended so much on here. Hubby had toilet probs for just a couple of days then after explosions (sorry TMI) he was sorted.

I'm worried as its my weigh-in tomorrow and I think I've stayed the same. No output since Saturday is gonna add to the pounds surely...?

I have an appointment with my doc and nurse tomorrow where they are looking for fibroids. I have calmed down about it but probably by tomorrow I'll be a wreck.

Helen x

((hugs)) for tomorrow's fibroid checks. Will be thinking of you.
You are doing great on your weight loss, and hope the constipation doesn't hold you back tomorrow... drink lots of water.. as this helps too :)

Its been a busy time!

Well...after my trip to the doctors I am now waiting for a pelvic scan. I've been to the gym tonight and managed 1012metres on the rowing machine. I really enjoy rowing and am getting better at lasting longer.

We went to my in-laws for the weekend and spent time looking after a 3yr old and a 16 month old. They certainly kept us busy. It was strange really as I've not had to prepare food for someone else since starting CD but as I made some toast for the kids I wasn't tempted especially when they had marmite which I really can't stand. We managed to survive food being eaten in front of us.

Tomorrow its my nephew's 13th birthday. We have had a meal arranged for a while. We are gonna go for it with meat and veg. Its our first bit of food since starting CD a month ago. Hubby has lost 25 lbs so we have list 3 1/2 stone between us now.

I bought 2 new tops last weekend in a size less 26/28 and they have plenty of room. All my trousers are so baggy and long now but when I tried on some size 28 trousers they fitted me but I didn't feel confident in them.

I went to a body shop party on Friday and the host made a huge chocolate cake with strawberries on the top. Only 2 of us refused however this started a discussion about dieting. After sitting there tight-lipped as people slated diets I was trying not to think of the crisps, liquorice allsorts and jelly babies that were in front of me.

Later on I ended up (somehow) telling a group of colleague friends about CD. They were good and supportive, one was quiet as she had previously gone on the most. It was strange but I'm feeling like I'm finally coming out of the CD closet. lol

Helen

Hi

So glad that things are going well for you.

Funny isn't it that once we discover for ourselves that CD really does work we find we want to shout it from the rooftops so everyone can have a slimmer body if they want!

Sometimes I long to whisper in the ear of an overweight person I pass in the street about this secret club I stumbled across. I don't, obviously, as I'd have hit anybody that did it to me!!!!!!:eek:

Keep up the great work.

Hi Helen,

It is so exciting when you see how quickly you get results and your clothes begin to get lose and it is so motivating.

Your husband being a man will naturally lose more weight than you each month.

You both are doing very well and it is great when your partner is doing it with you as you can both support each other.

Congrats' and well done.

Love Mini xxx

1 month in and 2 stone loss!! Yippee!!

Well, I am so pleased with myself as I have lost 2 stone 1 lb in 4 weeks. My husband and I have now lost 4 stone 3 lbs combined. We are feeling so good and are now embarking on the AAM week really taking time to enjoy our food.
We went out for a meal this week for my nephew's birthday and it was quite strange as I was looking forward to it and then just before we got there I felt quite nervous...almost afraid as I was worried I'd put weight on. Our counsellor had advised us well and I chose steak which I wouldn't normally have. My hubby requested a side salad instead of the chips we were meant to have and after 1 month of not eating the usual kinda food it didn't live up to my minds expectations. I enjoyed the food but not as much as I thought I would.

My mum is really annoying me at the mo as she went from constantly talking about our diet and asking if we were ill to now telling the world and his dog that we are doing well on the diet. I know she is proud of us both and she has seen how great we are feeling but she is kinda stealing our thunder. Family and friends we see all know because of my mum. I had hoped that people would notice our weight loss first then she could maybe say something. I'm gonna have to say something to her VERY tactfully or she will take it the wrong way.

She has suggested she might start the CD diet. I'm sure she wouldn't like it if EVERYONE knew before she'd told them. She even asked me at a party if I was feeling ok in front of her friends. I said yes and why. SHe said that we might be feeling ill as we are HAVING to eat food each day at the mo. GRRRRR

I got my appointment for a pelvic scan arranged... for 2 months time! In the meantime I will just suffer long, heavy periods. Hey ho.

Enjoying the gym and have been peeling wallpaper off the front room walls so plenty of exercise! Had a photo taken of my niece and I yesterday and I liked what I saw (was only our faces) even though I couldn't believe it was me.

Thanks for the support

Helen;)

congratulations and well done on your fab weight loss both yourself and your husband.

We have a few couples here and it is great to have the support of your partner.

Your doing good.

Love Mini xxx
n10.gif
n10.gif
n10.gif

Weigh-in tomorrow after AAM

Well, tomorrow its time to weigh again. I've had 2 things against me 1)AAM week and 2) my period. I don't think I've lost much and neither does hubby. I told him that we know we have followed the diet 100% measuring out the different foods and all that so hopefully if its not so great this week it will pay off next week.

I feel I am making progress emotionally as I told my mum how much I used to weigh. I knew there would be a time when I would want to reveal my old weight to her and today was that day.

It seems my usual 2-3 week long periods might've returned back to the usual 4-6 days. I'm really pleased as it gets me down and I'm getting fed up taking iron tablets. I had read that mega stress can make your hormones imbalanced and it takes up to 3 cycles to return to normal...well its been 3 cycles now.

It was quite sad for me as a few weeks ago hubby and I had decided to put trying for a baby on hold while we concentrate on losing weight. I am also awaiting a scan to see if I have fibroids or cysts although it might not be either now if things are returning back to normal so the decision was made for the best. As my period started it was then clear that I'm not going to be a mum until hopefully next year sometime. One of my many reasons for losing weight is so that I can get pregnant more easily hopefully. After trying since January I've convinced myself I can't have children. I would so love to have a baby (or 2!) and my hubby would too however it just hasn't happened.

Well, I'd better get on with some marking (no rest for the wicked...or teachers!)

Helen

P.S. I really do appreciate the messages of encouragement...especially from people who have lost so much weight. I respect and look up to you all.

3 lbs loss so wasn't so bad!

Well, I have been soooooooooooo busy I've not had time to write a message on here til now. My hubby and I had a great time yesterday going through all our clothes adding more to our 'yes they fit' pile and some went away as they are now too big. A few pairs of trousers need about 7 lb to go to be worn and I can't wait. James kept saying he liked playing the clothes game as he was so pleased to be wearing stuff he'd previously regarded as too tight/small. I must be officially a size smaller although some clothes were so different in size from the same shop.

We took my parents to the airport at 2am this morning. I thought how when I next go abroad I shouldn't need to ask for an extender belt which I always felt bad about. I have always felt that planes are one big reminder of how fat I was (I said was!!!!) I still have a long way to go but I really am gonna get there. We have been wondering about how much weight we will have lost by the time my parents return in 2 weeks time. I'm getting my hair cut so hopefully it'll all have a big impact.

Our front room is being transformed this week which I have wanted to happen for such a long time. At the checkout with loads of paint in tow hubby suddenly told me 'You've gone smaller'. My mum keeps saying I'm going smaller too. SHe has always said that I am quite small built. Me and small have never been in the same sentence but I'm liking it alot.

I mowed the lawn today and didn't even break out in a sweat. I'm so chuffed that I have energy and feel so good. My aim is to be 20 stone by Christmas. I'm currently weighing around the 22 stone mark as I have lost 3 lb since being weighed on thursday. I'm rolling back the years as I was last the weight I am now in 2003.

James and I keep saying how we will be soooooooooooo happy to walk into Next or Gap and choose what we want. After years of shopping in Evans and Simply be I'm gonna have no money all the time but bulgin wardrobes instead of bulging me!!!

Anyway, TTFN

Helen

P.S. Parent consultations this week so I will use my ketosis breath to breathe on parents who chat longer than their 10 minute slot! lol

Hooray! Its half term

Well, as a teacher I look forward to holidays. Its been a long half term and I've lost nearly 3 stone during that time. I'm so impressed with myself and what makes it even better is that the compliments are rolling in now. I am past caring who knows now and feel grrrrreat!

One compliment (I think!) was from a colleague who said 'I think its time you got some new clothes'. My top was a new one a few weeks ago but when I put it on it had a spare bit that kind of stuck out but with no tummy so it felt like I'd been pregnant and put on a top afterwards if you know what I mean. (Never been pregnant tho) Certainly gave me food.. no shakes for thought! lol My trousers were very baggy. I now call all my trousers that just hang on me my clown trousers. I liked them feeling baggy but after going through all my clothes last week I prefer wearing ones that fit as they make me feel smarter.

The Headteacher was in a conversation about dieting (he's doing slimming world and lost 2 stone). He's 30 like me!!!
He said 'whatever you're doing its certainly working'. From a man who is also your boss I was chuffed with that but I spose he's also getting comments and feeling great too.

I'm determined to be disciplined this week. I had seen it as a time to get loads of housey and school stuff done, keeping busy and drinking lots of water as I don't always go much beyond 2 litres although I try my best. Still got my 6-7yr old kids in class using their water bottles more so its all good.
My CD counsellor seemed to panick me about being out of routine and how I might not cope. I so desperately want to lose 4 lbs this week even though it would break my pattern just so that I can reach the 3 stone mark.

My goal that I set when I started was to be 20 stone by Christmas. I'm currently 21 st 10. Its looking promising. Got my niece (10) and nephew (13) this weekend. We are staying at my parents house as they are away and our house is being decorated. There is such tempting food in the cupboards but I still feel stronger for resisting it as long as its behind a cupboard door out of my sight. Gonna take em to Hunstanton tomorrow. Its a place where we have always associated it with food, fish and chips, icecreams, sweets, donuts, pick and mix from Woolies. Its almost become a tradition. I'm determined to undo that tradition. I've raided my mum's cupboards so the kids have food and I'm determined we won't buy ANY food while we are there. Have noticed my niece and nephew drink more water when around us too!

Well, yet again its a weekend long one from me. No doubt I'll keep reporting how my weeks going and I do like to read what going on in the world of minimins too.

Helen x

Eeeeek! Weigh-in tonight. Have I made 3 stone mark?

Well, considering its half term so out of routine I've been very good considering. I've got a minute snivelly cold that hubby gave me. Makes a change as I normally pass on germs I've got from kids at school.

We stayed at my parents last weekend and it went well. I totally take my hat off to parents or couples where a)food is in the house and b) food needs to be prepared for others to eat. My mum's house has so much food she wouldn't need to worry for months if she was snowed in or if there was a
food shortage.

We looked after my niece and nephew for the weekend which was interesting as they didn't seem to scoff like they tend to when my parents are there. It seems its a routine that they have got used to but only associate it with my parents, not necessarily their house where all the food is there to have.

My niece is 10 and she chose to watch a programme about obese children and how they were given a fitness regime and diet to improve their health. It led to my niece starting a deep conversation about weight and exercise. I was desperate to make it clear to her that she is an adorable child who is popular and she isn't fat. She had mentioned being fat a few times over the weekend. I realise that her worst person for reminding her of being 'fat and ugly' is her 13yr old brother. Typical nasty brother! He is joking but I can see it is going in deeper. Made me realise that my brother who is 5 yrs older NEVER commented on my size even tho we argued lots. My niece is aware of the need to exercise and she said her friend had encouraged her to join a dance club which she really enjoys. She told me about her cousin (my brother is with their auntie if that makes sense) so she is in weekly contact with her. The cousin is a socially challenged child who demands lots of attention. It appears the cousin has made comments which have gone deep too. I can see my niece heading in the same direction as me and we discussed how to deal with said cousin. It was quite a discussion as my nephew even went on about the cousin and her personality traits.

My niece and I are together again this weekend. She is very aware of what she eats and even told me that she only eats badly at my mums. For some reason my mum feels she should nurture the children with what she thinks they will like e.g. choc, crisps, cakes.

How do I deal with that? Finding the diet difficult in the evenings now as hubby and I both consider what meat we could potentially eat and still stay in ketosis. I think its that point in a diet where I usually begin to find ways round cheating which then spiral.

Helen

Back