4lb a week for 9 weeks??

XxKirstxX

Gold Member
Hi all!

I am 15st 11lbs and want to lose 3 stone for my mother-in-law's 50th bday party on 2nd October.

I have 9 weeks to reach my target, which is 12st 13lbs.

Is it possible/healthy to lose 4lbs a week for 9 weeks?:confused::confused:

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?
I am on the weight watchers diet and my first weigh in is on tuesday.

thanks v much! :p:p

Kirsty xxx

the only way i know how to lose that much consistently is a total food replacement diet hun, Lipotrim, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, W8, Exante etc etc.

you specifically say safe way, in my opinion these TFR diets are safe, you just need to be careful about weight rebound. take a look a my losses below though, these diets are only for the 100% committed as, if you eat ANYTHING it wont work. any questions let me know! xxx

Hi Sarah!
Wow you are doing amazing! I really admire your committment! Is that by the food replacement diet? I wish I could have the dedication to stick to a food replacement diet but sadly I would not last! lol

At the weight watchers meetings they say to aim for 1/2 pound loss a week and my thinking is that if I do a strict work-out regime at the gym, :character00116: lol, for example 1 hour at least 4/5 times a week I might be able to lose double that?

Kirsty xx

thats very ambitious on something like WW, dont want to put a dampner on it, but dont be dissapointed if you fall short of your targget. I always thought Id never ever ever be able to do a VLCD (dont know why i tried as i was so negative) but hey look at me now - i've done it and you could too x

I know, I thought so too lol I like a challenge!
My parter has assured me i can do it with the amount of exercise im doing as im not using up the activity points but I won't be too disappointed if I can't, I'll just have to wait and see! and take it week by week!
My first weigh in is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

You have done so well! :D:D. I'm just not sure in the long run that I would be able to keep off the weight once I have lost it on one of these diets.

Kirsty xx

I agree that your best bet is a VLCD. I did CD and sat down and ate a meal every night with my family on the SS+ plan and lost a 1 stone 5 in the first month!
I'm just not sure in the long run that I would be able to keep off the weight once I have lost it on one of these diets.
You can keep the weight off but It's all about not going back to the old habits. I lost my weight on CD and am now using SW to maintain.
Good luck in what you decide and hope the WI goes well:D

Exactly what TT said, yup Im losing the weight on LL, then going on to SW to lose the last bit and then maintain x

I would doubt very much you can lose that on WW. If youre doing a lot of activity and using none of the points it could actually have an adverse effect on your losses. The only feasible way to really lose that amount in that time is on a VLCD.

There are a lot of people on WW who do a lot of exercise and NONE of them have those kind of losses

oh well i can only do my best and hopefully this will show in my results at the end of the day!!

I dont understand how doing a lot of exercise and not eating more could have an adverse effect? As don't they say to lose weight you have to burn off more than you consume??

thank you triple trouble and Rainbow, that sounds really poistive! i wish i had your determination to do the diet!

Kirsty xx

Thank you Starlight, I'm still eating my regular points so hopefully won't go into starvation!

Kirsty xx

If you don't think you can stick to a really low cal. diet, then don't go there. You'd be heading for defeat IMHO. I'm doing WW and I would suggest that you accept a slower weight loss in the knowledge that it's sustainable. It's a change of life. Coupled with the exercise, just think how fit you'll be!

Thank you Starlight, I'm still eating my regular points so hopefully won't go into starvation!

Kirsty xx

also worth remembering hun, if you will be hammering the exercise - dont get too hung up on the actual number on the scales - try body measurments as well. we all know muscle weighs more than fat and in my experience the weight can stay really similar but your body changes massively.

good luck hun! really keen to see how you get on!! you can do it! xx

not to put a dampner on your enthusiasm, (meant to put this before) but 4lb a week is above the 'expected' for a VLCD - they say if you averaged 3lb a week that would be classed as a good loss x

Thanks so much for your support Sarah, its my first weigh in tonight! i'm really excited! :D

Thats such a good point you made about the measurements! I took and wrote down my measurements two weeks ago and going to measure again next week. How often do you think I should do this?:confused:

I really admire everyone who has last a lot of weight on these diets I just don't think I could do it so well done!:) xxxx

Hi rainbow, thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone for your support! I have decided that 4lb a week may be a little optimistic but am still going to aim for this! If I don't manage it I won't be too disheartened as long as I lose!! lol :)

Will keep you all posted on how I am doing!

Kirsty xx

Hi Cara! Good luck! We can keep eachother motivated with having the same goal!

How does the Slimming World extra easy diet work?xx

Thanks so much for your support Sarah, its my first weigh in tonight! i'm really excited! :D

Thats such a good point you made about the measurements! I took and wrote down my measurements two weeks ago and going to measure again next week. How often do you think I should do this?:confused:

I really admire everyone who has last a lot of weight on these diets I just don't think I could do it so well done!:) xxxx

I do my measurements once a month - that way the numbers are always bigger!! ;) but if you are on a 9 week target and are hitting the gym hard etc do it as often as you like!! let us know how you're get on at weigh in tonight!! xx

Back