4th week result

topcat7000

Today is 4th weigh-in day and another 2.5lb has gone (despite a business lunch on one day). So that's 12lb in 4 weeks so I'm pretty happy. I am running 3x a week too which I was before but the weight wasn't really shifting until I changed my eating habits too and changed to Diet Chef. My second month's box of Diet Chef arrived yesterday so will be interesting how month 2 goes. It's freezing cold here today but the sun is shining and it's nice to think I will be wearing some nice summer clothes this year (for a change!).

Amazing!

Really happy for you. Well done on the running. I can't even run for a bus!

I like dancing/aerobics type things tho but haven't done any for about 6 weeks cos I hurt my ankle, and now I'm ill :( boooo

But I figured that when I plateau I can get it started again with exercise :)

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon goingforit.

I have a tricky week coming up as my mum and her husband are coming to visit today and he's a great cook (makes fab curries!) - eek! Then tomorrow I have a business trip for 3 days (so mum is cat-sitting!) so I have to prepare some food to take later. Breakfasts are quite easy (just pack some washed blueberries and take some granola or muesli) but lunch and dinner is tricky as I can't pack them in handluggage (and I try not to check anything in at the airport). So that rules out the milkshakes unfortunately. I'm going to go to M&S later to get either a salad or some Count on Us 'solid' (rather than liquid) stuff that I can have on the plane tomorrow. I'll try to have soup the next couple of days and that leaves the dinners. One will be in the hotel so I'll just have to choose carefully and I'm going out with some colleagues on the other evening in a Thai restaurant so again I'll just have to be sensible!! I'll just have to run further when I get back!!! These trips away are a bit of a challenge but if I plan ahead, I can try to make them less damaging that they might have been! I really want to reach the 'stone' milestone on Saturday but I'll have to see how this week goes.

Get well soon.

thank you :) feeling a lot better today actually, Got a cold still but at least I dont feel like death!

Im sure you will be fine on your trip. You are obviously a lot more aware about better choices and portion sizes now so you will just have to keep that in mind but dont worry that much

Dunno how i'd manage having someone round who is ace at curries though! hahah

Fantastic RachyRoo - well done!! I'm not expecting a good result this week as I've had a 3 day business trip so have been restricted to having food other than Diet Chef for most meals! Still, I'm back on it today - weigh-in's on Saturday!!

Hey, it's a long term thing, right? Tonight I had 2 pints and 2 glasses of wine.... So I have prob put on a bit again, but that's ok so long as it's not every night! Did you have some good options on your trip or was it all fried/ heavy food? And you have a few days to make good.... You might hit the stone barrier this weekend!!

Yeah, I need not be disappointed if one week I don't lose due to eating out. But hopefully I won't have put on this week - that would be good!! In the hotel I ordered cod and vegetables both nights and I'm not that keen on fish! I was pleased with myself that at least I chose what was probably the lowest calorie option on the menu, with sorbet to finish so at least I could satisfy my sweet tooth a bit! Oh, and a glass of white wine :)) But interesting how, if I wasn't watching my weight, I would have had a completely different menu! Then my stepdad cooked roast chicken when I got back as he and my mum have been catsitting for me while I was away. I did have less than usual (and my mum kept saying it was mostly veg anyway!) but it still felt a lot more than the portions I've been getting used to on Diet Chef. Still, they go home tomorrow and while I'll miss them, I'm back in control of my food until next Friday when it's my brother's birthday and we're all going out to dinner!!

Have you been trying on any clothes that were a bit tight before? I have taken delight in being able to button up shirtly fairly easily that were straining a bit before, and getting into some fave summer trousers that were also looking less than flattering before!!!

I'd love to hit the stone barrier tomorrow but let's see. I'm back on the treadmill later today!!

Back