5.5 stone less of Missy!

Your pics are so inspiring - you look great!

missy1978 said:
I think it depends on how the fertilisation goes - if there's enough they'll carry on transferring under the same funding until you get pregnant or they run out! That's how I understand it after having another read of my PCT's policy anyway :)

Ah ok, I understand now.. Still hope it doesn't get that far and IUI or natural is feasible first xxx

Bless you thanking everyone for being nice, it really helps to motivate people to see what a huge difference you've made. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm losing weight for fertility treatment so this is the most important thing I'll ever do. It gets me down sometimes and I get days when I resent that I have to do all of this when most people can just have babies but it is what it is and I have to accept that. This forum is a huge part in keeping me sane and motivated through those bad days and I love it so much. Thank you to the awesome people I have met on here! <3

There's more to come...

Hi Missy, just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement. In summer 2010 I finally went through IVF/ICSI having lost over 60 pounds in two years. It worked first time and our 22 month old daughter is sleeping soundly in her cot. I'm not saying it was easy, but it is so worth it. I'm now back here trying to lose some of the 3 stone I put back on in order to do a FET in April to hopefully give Phoebe a sibling. Go for it! Looks like you're doing incredibly, but just wanted to share my story in the hope it'll help keep you focussed. you can do it! Hannah x

Thanks for sharing Hannah and I'm glad you got your little one in the end. Good luck for your FET too!

Tbh I can't even imagine it working for me. I know that sounds negative but I almost don't even dare believe that it might work... Self preservation I guess! No use in thinking it will happen and being disappointed. For every lovely story like yours, I hear one like I heard at work the other day of the woman who tried everything and nothing worked. She never did have a child and her husband left her over the whole thing. I guess it can go either way but I really hope not to end up like her! x

Hey missy xx I'm also trying to lose for fertility x I have the same thoughts as you too xx I try to think of life without a baby and if I do fall It would be a HUGE bonus :) I find it so hard to not binge on chocolate and crisps when I'm feeling low but then I know if I don't eat all the rubbish I'll lose weight and have a better chance once we do try for IVF ( we have to save before we can go ahead) I really need a push in the right direction x

Donna sent from my iPhone

Hey girls, thanks for stopping by x There seems to a lot of us who are here for the same reason!

I'm struggling to get my head round it all at the moment! Being told you need IVF isn't be easiest thing to hear and it's all pretty raw and emotional. Just got to try my best and hope it's enough. Good luck with your journeys! xxx

I remember that feeling well Missy. There were times during the 4 years we were trying when I thought we'd never be parents and it was heart wrenching, but it did happen against all odds. I know when I did IVFwICSI I was the fittest and healthiest I've ever been, and I'm sure that helped so good on you for loosing the weight.

I've got no choice, they won't do anything until thr weight is off so I have to lose it! It'll be 7.5 stone off by the time I get there, I've already lost 4.5 in less than a year. Ideally the more I can lose the better really as I understand the closer I am to a healthy weight the better our chances are. I just can't let myself believe that it will work because I have no idea how I'll cope if it doesn't. And there's every chance that it won't work so I do need to be prepared. Nothing has gone right for us so far and I wonder if anything ever will...

So at the moment I try not to think about it. We're not even really TTC any more because there doesn't seem to be much point. Best off just trying to enjoy our lives and not think about having babies or not. x

missy1978 said:
I've got no choice, they won't do anything until thr weight is off so I have to lose it! It'll be 7.5 stone off by the time I get there, I've already lost 4.5 in less than a year. Ideally the more I can lose the better really as I understand the closer I am to a healthy weight the better our chances are. I just can't let myself believe that it will work because I have no idea how I'll cope if it doesn't. And there's every chance that it won't work so I do need to be prepared. Nothing has gone right for us so far and I wonder if anything ever will...

So at the moment I try not to think about it. We're not even really TTC any more because there doesn't seem to be much point. Best off just trying to enjoy our lives and not think about having babies or not. x

Big hugs Missy, although I do think in terms of your mental well being etc a few months of not thinking about things too much and focusing on enjoying life and getting healthy is positive, especially as I know IVF etc are a bit of a roller coaster

I really do believe that one way or another you will be a mum one day, and a brilliant one because of the journey you've travelled and how much you will appreciate your little one, and the way you're going you're most definitely going to be a slim and sexy yummy mummy too. Xx

Big hugs Missy, although I do think in terms of your mental well being etc a few months of not thinking about things too much and focusing on enjoying life and getting healthy is positive, especially as I know IVF etc are a bit of a roller coaster

I really do believe that one way or another you will be a mum one day, and a brilliant one because of the journey you've travelled and how much you will appreciate your little one, and the way you're going you're most definitely going to be a slim and sexy yummy mummy too. Xx

<3 I think mentally I do need to turn off from it all! It's too much and I'm getting to the point where the jealousy of other women who are pregnant/have babies is getting too much and too destructive. I get so angry and it's not helping!

I do feel a bit better at the moment so thank you for your kind words everyone xxx

Thank you to everyone has encouraged me along the way - I've got my five stone award now so only 2st 9lbs to go til BMI 30 and interim target!

This is my 'I lost five stone' happy face ;) x

Attachments

• image-3620961470.jpg
    image-3620961470.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 349
Congratulations Missy - Excellent news and its great to see your smiley face. Well done hun you deserve it x

wow well done!

5 stone less of Missy!

Thanks missy :) going to put my full Before after later

huge congrats, you look amazing x

Back