5st Lost, 5st Lost, 5st Lost! I really cant believe it

girlsbig98

Silver Member
Ok its probably took me a lot longer than it should of, as I have had lots of ups and downs as well as a non supporting OH so I have almost given up a couple of times but today I got weighed at 191.4lb on Boots and 192lb on my new scales so either way I am officially 5st (70lb) lighter!!!

Trouble is I still feel as fat, I have looked at before photos and can see the difference but still not happy as such though l am happy with what I have achieved so far. I think looking in the mirror and seeing what I still look like naked is still dissapointing but i know i do look better in clothes :)

Fantastic loss! You should be chuffed to bits!!!

This is a journey and you are part way through. I'm on my iPad app and so I can't see what your goal is. Why be even a little disappointed with how you look? You now not only look better but are far healthier and likely to live longer too. This is a huge achievement - celebrate it without reservation!!! Enjoy!

Well done Girlsbig!!! Great achievement. I'm hoping to join you soon (2.4 pounds to go for me).

Why is your OH unsupportive? Mine isn't supportive exactly but he's never discouraged me from doing this or moaned because he has to cook his own stuff.

I still feel fat when naked too but like you feel much better in clothes. Luckily no one has to see me naked (apart from me and the OH) :)

Wow well done!!! xxx

That's a fantastic achievement, well done to you for sticking at it. It will take longer for your mind to catch up with your weight loss, so don't worry about that at the moment, just celebrate what you've achieved.

thank you everyone I do feel good but still feel fat if you know what I mean :)

The way i currently look im not convinced im going to be at goal at 140lb but i wont know i suppose until i get a lot closer.

The OH just tells me im going to gain it all once i get to goal so whats the point and that it makes everyone misereable because im on a diet! (in other words when he comes home im not happy to go out for a meal everynight or get a takeaway!) he has never had a weight problem and always just eats what he wants :(

Just ignore him girlsbig. Men are ar**holes sometimes xx

This isn't about him - it's about you. It's about you living longer, being healthier and being happier. I still go out for a meal with my OH - I just don't eat. Perhaps that might help? Mind you - if he said the things to me that yours has said to you I'd have a few choice words for him!!!

Well done on your massive achievement! I hate it when people say 'you'll pile it all back on.' After any diet if you go back to your old eating habbits the weight will go back on. It's a change for life we are all making, and you and everyone else on here including me should be proud of themselves for making a change. Just ignore negativity we don't need it!!

Lets just say he isnt part of my 10 year plan :)

Weight loss => all children to leave school => Bye bye OH!

He works offshore so I can bear his crap for the sake of the kids but once they are old enough to understand then i will get out of it slimmer and without the kids seeing too much to upset them. x

Sounds as though he wants to keep you fat and at home with the kids....then nobody else will find you attractive and you'll always be there for him when comes back on shore. It's more his problem than yours hun and I like your 10 year plan!

God I sound like a man hater!

wooo !!! well done you !!
5 stone (you have lost a small child !) - it's amazing enjoy the feeling and let it drive you to goal - xx

5 stone is amazing anyway but to do it without any support is fantastic, you should be proud of yourself hun. I'm at the start of my weightloss journey, just wondering how long did it take you? xx

Back