5th July 2013... 350 days to get myself into my dream dress!

Thank you Ellen, I've been 100% so far and intend to do so up until weigh in on Monday - fingers crossed!

Hope you're having a good weekend whatever you're up to xxxx

Well it's weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping for a good loss although as long as I get 1lb off I'll be happy as that will take me into the 16's woop. Ideally I'd like 3.5 but my body has been really strange the last few weeks and isn't playing fair so who know's!

Good luck for wi today!

Thanks hun, gonna need it, feeling really bloated. Not sure if having cous cous for lunch was a great idea...

Hi Elllen, how did you get on at WI?

Hey chick, I had a disappointing and undeserved STS. My consultant thinks it's a combination of factors, upping exercise, feeding Miles lots due to him being poorly and possibly not eating enough for those two iykwim?

How are you getting on? This heat is mental!

OMG I'm so excited. A while ago I went to a bridal shop to try on so dresses, including the one I've been using as my 'thinspiration' and unbelievably even in a 22 it looked fab and I knew it was the one. Anyway, they wanted about a grand and a half (that's WITH the 20% discount cos the were having an event).

As much as I loved the dress, I couldn't justify that much money and had planned to get it made by a lady off the Internet and it was going to cost about £300.

Right, so popped on Facebook earlier today and the bridal shop having a sale... And 'my' dress is there for £650... It's obviously more than the Internet one but will have a better resale value. OH says we can't afford it and I was gutted but thought I'd ask what size it was in and if they would do a payment plan with it being a sale dress. Well they get back to me and its a 14, the size I was looking to get to (or smaller-corseted back!) anyway... they also said they would do a payment plan over 6 months and a deposit of 100 would secure it, so called my parents... The deposit has been paid!

To say I'm excited is an understatement! Am going to go on Monday to give her a cuddle lol... The dress, not the lady! I am concerned they will look at me (size 20) and be dubious about me fitting it... But I have over a year, I should easily be a 14 by then right?

ellen83 said:
OMG I'm so excited. A while ago I went to a bridal shop to try on so dresses, including the one I've been using as my 'thinspiration' and unbelievably even in a 22 it looked fab and I knew it was the one. Anyway, they wanted about a grand and a half (that's WITH the 20% discount cos the were having an event).

As much as I loved the dress, I couldn't justify that much money and had planned to get it made by a lady off the Internet and it was going to cost about £300.

Right, so popped on Facebook earlier today and the bridal shop having a sale... And 'my' dress is there for £650... It's obviously more than the Internet one but will have a better resale value. OH says we can't afford it and I was gutted but thought I'd ask what size it was in and if they would do a payment plan with it being a sale dress. Well they get back to me and its a 14, the size I was looking to get to (or smaller-corseted back!) anyway... they also said they would do a payment plan over 6 months and a deposit of 100 would secure it, so called my parents... The deposit has been paid!

To say I'm excited is an understatement! Am going to go on Monday to give her a cuddle lol... The dress, not the lady! I am concerned they will look at me (size 20) and be dubious about me fitting it... But I have over a year, I should easily be a 14 by then right?

Sounds like a top motivation to me doll

Wow! That's fantastic about your dress!

Are you still on top of the world about it?!

That's such great motivation for you, you'll do it no probs at all!

LOL technically we're not engaged yet but my dress is already picked :) I put a few quid aside for it everyweek since I stopped smoking not sure how much is in it now but by the time it actualy happens I'll be able to get the dress without too much scrimping YAY!!!!!

Sounds like a top motivation to me doll

Oh yes, never wanted to wear something more lol!

Wow! That's fantastic about your dress!

Are you still on top of the world about it?!

That's such great motivation for you, you'll do it no probs at all!

Oh yes, totally buzzing. I just can't wait until I fit it!

LOL technically we're not engaged yet but my dress is already picked :) I put a few quid aside for it everyweek since I stopped smoking not sure how much is in it now but by the time it actualy happens I'll be able to get the dress without too much scrimping YAY!!!!!

Planning ahead is always good. Wish I'd thought about it lol.

Well back from weigh in and am reporting back with a 1.5lbs loss. Not as much as I'd hoped (especially after last weeks STS) but it's still a nice healthy loss and I'm really hoping for 2lbs next week so I can get my 3st award.

Compare.jpg

The image on the left was from about October (started SW in the Dec - Sorry it's not a decent photo, don't really have many of me at my biggest) and the one on the right was taken this week. Apologies for bad hair and lack of make up, I'm not girlie enough to bother unless I have to and I don't have the time or energy most days with my 2 crazy children! I'll take one again when I get under 16st to see if there is much of a difference then.

Well done hon every loss is in the right direction! :)

Wow you look fab, you can really see the difference! xxxx

That is a stunning dress, it looks fabulous and you are doing so well on your journey. Keep visualising a beautifully slim you in that dress and it will happen. Good luck

How are you doing Ellen? How did you get on at WI this week?

BlondeGem said:
How are you doing Ellen? How did you get on at WI this week?

0.5lbs off. Bit disappointed but won't stop me having another good week this week. Am on a mission to up my water this week too. Bring it on!

Excellent, it's still going in the right direction and you have a good attitude!

BlondeGem said:
Excellent, it's still going in the right direction and you have a good attitude!

Thanks hun. Although I'm not sure what my body is doing I know that as long as I carry on being good it will soon catch on lol

Every week you have a loss, it doesn't matter how small it is, it all adds up and think about how much that will be over a year or two!

BlondeGem said:
Every week you have a loss, it doesn't matter how small it is, it all adds up and think about how much that will be over a year or two!

Exactly... Every loss counts. Its just about seeing the bigger picture!

Back