6 week Summer Survival!

Went to another BBQ yesterday ... I was sort of good except I had a burger and bun (and free chicken). I did turn down a magnum for pudding which is a big deal for me : ). I had two fudge squares earlier that I randomly found in the cupboard plus licked the spoon after I iced a cake so total of 25 syns. Not great but could have been worse! It's the big one today, my sons birthday. Have asked my dad to be my conscience (as well as posting here!) so hopefully will stick to the plan which is 45 syns. And then stick to a better plan next week.. Except we're out for lunch and dinner on Tuesday then I'm going to France...

Enjoy the birthday - sounds like you have great planning!
We are off to a bbq later but hoping it will be sw friendly.

Turned down another McDonald's today.

Really not sure what to do about WI on Tuesday, going to be busy so will probably have a late lunch and possibly a big one as I'll be out with my mum. So may weigh heavier then normal, and I've already gained the past few weeks so don't want to depress myself. But my other options are to weigh on Monday (morning or afternoon) but I'd need to get a lift there. I am in my target range so could not get weighed this week... but I don't know

Sympathies - I lost it a bit too, up to about 65 synaptic cos after taking the smallest bit of chocolate cake, I then hoovered up some leftovers later... I intend to stay strong this evening and keep away from the party food at tea time. Super speed soup for me.

Another bad day ahead- leftovers from the BBQ are lurking around including a whole cake! I'm budgeting 45 syns for today. Hope I get back on track soon

Good luck getting back on track, was a nightmare after my little ones Birthday a few weeks ago, ended up taking most of the leftovers over to my nanna's for her and anyone else there to finish off.

Should be an easy day today food wise, not really doing much, going to toys r us to spend some of little ones Birthday money and have my last driving lesson before my test. I'm so tired though, need a couple of early nights I think.

So pleased to be back on track :) 10 syns yesterday, loads of superfree, back in control :) extra easy day today as it's my birthday and we're off out for tea somewhere :)

I'm way off track and will be for a couple more days - I've already had 3 cupcakes on top of a big breakfast... If its there I can't resist eating it!

Ok 135 syns and 5200 calories (including my planned dinner)! Off plan day to say the least. No more- will post again tomorrow to confirm that I didn't stay off the wagon any longer.

Just go with the flow, you can do it :) Youre aware that youre not on plan, which is much better than being in denial! New week tomorrow, new start.
Good luck for your last lesson Donna, whens your test? Is it your first one? I lost nearly a stone over the 18months i was learning to drive with stress and nerves...took my test 4 times lol. Maybe i should re take my test and lose some poundage, lol!!
Im not quite sure how ive done this week to be honest, no birthdays or bbqs in my way...sounds like some of you have had an eventful fun week :D Dont be hard on yourselves though, enjoy it and get back to it. Anyway, ive been slightly over my syns everyday this week i reckon...not done a food diary and counted things in my head, realised as i went to bed i never had a HEXB yesterday, kinda coasted along really, had lots of superfree ....and martini. Lol :eek: So its anyones guess what the scales will say on Tuesday! Had lots of melon today to get some SS in...dunno whats for tea tonight, but got loads of chicken in...ideas anyone? Something that dosnt inolve my fave ingrediant passata, coz ive used it all haha! xxx

It's my first test and on Tuesday.... I'm so going to fail lol.

I've had pains for a few months in my stomach and can't seem to find what the issue is, found a cyst but don't think that's it. Hadn't had the pains for a while but they're back now, wondering if its stress related :/ waiting for my lesson now... so could me. I've hurt my ribs as well and I have no idea how, feels like I've bruised them or pulled a muscle, but I haven't done anything to do either of them and how do you pull a rib muscle?

Awwwh dear donna :( ...maybe its stress related? Id go back to the docs if youre unsure though, thats about the best of my advice on that one, sorry :( hope you feel better soon! Think positive for your test! Just stay as calm as you can, talk yourself through everything and stick to what your instructor has told you, wishing you loads of luck :D xxx
I ended up experimenting for tea and made a chicken and mash pie thing with green veg...wa dead nice actually! Lol. Wrote down how i did it so i can do it again. Couple of glasses of wine to, nom :)

Well I have another scan coming up to check on the cyst so will see if I have the pains again or not, they have said I can have the cyst removed if I keep getting pains, but my pains are normally on the right and the cyst is on the left so I can just see myself having surgery to remove the cyst and still having problems.

Thank you, my lesson went okay, got very flustered at one point but knew everything I had done wrong, so hopefully that won't happen in the test or if it starts to happen I can snap myself out of it soon. I just need to remember although it would be great to pass first time, its not the end of the world if I don't, hopefully the less pressure the less likely I am to do something really stupid.

donna88 said:
Well I have another scan coming up to check on the cyst so will see if I have the pains again or not, they have said I can have the cyst removed if I keep getting pains, but my pains are normally on the right and the cyst is on the left so I can just see myself having surgery to remove the cyst and still having problems.

Thank you, my lesson went okay, got very flustered at one point but knew everything I had done wrong, so hopefully that won't happen in the test or if it starts to happen I can snap myself out of it soon. I just need to remember although it would be great to pass first time, its not the end of the world if I don't, hopefully the less pressure the less likely I am to do something really stupid.

It's often the case that the last lesson is the worst! The only time my instructor ever had to dual control me on the brakes was as I parked in the car park of the test centre- almost crashed into a bollard but passed my test with only a few minors half hour later! Sods law and I'm sure it happens to make you more focussed! Good luck hun- you'll be fine x

Still have an hour before the test, hopefully anything silly will come out then rather then in the test lol but yeah I'd been told to do 4 roundabouts in a row as I could be asked that in the test, on the first roundabout I waited ages before coming out, did the whole thing in second gear when I needed to go up one, forgot to signal that I was going right... and I got two more minors can't remember what for, but did the other 3 roundabouts perfectly

Hope the test went well. Ok so yesterday after an epic fail (135 syns mainly on cake!) I reeled it in and only had fruit and yoghurt for dinner (well I was stuffed). Back on plan today, just had a huge breakfast of egg, bacon and sausage (2 syns) plus rice pudding with fruit. And now I'm going to eat a grapefruit! So there will be no space for naughty things.

Hi all, back from my few days away.... Got a bit of excess baggage to get rid of now because I failed every evening to stay on plan! Did ok during day but couldn't resist temptation :(

100% from today though, got a few more weeks till we take kids on holiday :)

been to legoland today, was really good with food, just a few syns worth of coleslaw but weighed in and put on 2lbs. well and truly deserved after the last week!
although the holidays haven't sabotaged me, my plans with friends and family have! best friend back in the country for 10 days so two meals out and one night in with her (takeaway and wine), bf's mums birthday (non sw bbq) then night in with some more friends who have just got back from travels (more wine and another takeaway!)
Had no chance really... I know I could have made better choices but I don't want to be the one going- no i can't have that, or I don't want to go there even though everyone else is going so just went with it.
One week that I wouldn't have changed for the world (apart from the work bits! lol)
onwards to this week, I WILL BE BETTER! (after my peanut butter kitkat) :D

Back