61lb gone in six months!

Hi AJ - just popping in to say, hello. x

Hello, back:wavey:!

I had a lovely Mothers Day, although had to change plans of a picnic in Linlithgow - it was too blooming cold. So we went to a chinese buffet instead:D. I knew that would please the kids. Not surprisingly it was packed with families, but we booked before we went.

Then back to watch Dancing on Ice, sigh, perfect end to a perfect day.

My daughter made me a card with this verse in it...

You are my mother and my friend,
Which is unusual.
Somehow our characters must blend:
Your wisdom and my will.

I turn, and you are there for me:
I speak, you understand.
I feel cared for, but also free:
You lead but don't command.

I'm fortunate that I was born
To someone just like you:
I love you, not just as my mum,
But for what you are and do.

She searched the internet to find something that summed up what she felt.

D'you know what? That is exactly the relationship we have - how lucky am I? It is wonderful to realise that I have created this space for her to feel secure, confident, and ready to face the world.

Mmmm, life is GOOD!

AJ

aww thats so lovely.. i think i would have cried reading that! glad you had a lovely time.. you were amiss this weekend in Glasgow, shame you couldnt come xx

aww thats so lovely.. i think i would have cried reading that!

I nearly did!

glad you had a lovely time.. you were amiss this weekend in Glasgow, shame you couldnt come xx

I'd would have liked to pop along on Sunday, but I knew the kids had other plans for me:D. If it hadn't have been Mother's Day, I would have been up a ladder painting the kitchen walls;). After several months of faffing about, I finally decided what colour to paint the walls - not a deep blood red (chickened out), but a calming mocha. Bought all the paint and accessories on Saturday, had a lovely back and shoulder massage, and had lunch at Wetherspoons (as usual) with family and three of Jamie's friends. Did about 20,000 steps again - it's getting easier.

I was thinking (yes, I do that sometimes), that size wise I am feeling almost 'normal', even though I am still size 18, I look in the mirror and see someone who, although large, is in proportion. That's a real boost to my confidence. I have a black leather jacket and fits now, and I feel like a million dollars wearing it:D.

I was chatting to a friend who is the same size, but who was really depressed about how she looked - but she'd put on recently. I suppose it is not what size you are, it is how you feel about it.

When I was 'slim' - a size 10/12 I didn't feel slim, couldn't see it. How can I not see what is obvious? Sigh, the mind has a lot to answer for:confused:.

AJ

i totally understand where you are coming from there - i am really happy at a size 16 now, and although i know i need to lose some more, i'm not in such a rush to do it now i feel comfortable :) and i love the idea of a leather jacket.. i've always fancied a denim one but they're not exactly fashionable at the moment, so no idea where i would come across a nice one!

your kitchen sounds lovely.. mocha is a wise choice - i love neutral shades as they never go out and you can get so many different accessories etc to change your look without having to redecorate :) x

i totally understand where you are coming from there - i am really happy at a size 16

Hmmm, it is a difficult one. Surely that is the point, what size you are happy with, rather than what society says you should be happy with.

now, and although i know i need to lose some more, i'm not in such a rush to do it now i feel comfortable :) and i love the idea of a leather jacket.. i've always fancied a denim one but they're not exactly fashionable at the moment, so no idea where i would come across a nice one!

your kitchen sounds lovely.. mocha is a wise choice - i love neutral shades as they never go out and you can get so many different accessories etc to change your look without having to redecorate :) x

Yes, I could always get red accessories! I need a new toaster and kettle anyway.:D

AJ

any particular reason you want red? however.. i did see some gorgeous red glass vases the other day.. think it might have been in Next..

either way i will look out for red things for you :D x

My kitchen is now white glossy drawers, black worktops/splashbacks, stainless steel cooker/micro/fridgefreezer. A splash of red would be a great contrast. I tried a sample paint pot on a couple of walls and the mocha colour was best and complemented the black and white nicely.

AJ

Hi Aj

Just trying to catch up with everyone diaries. What a lovely verse you're daughter hunted down for you, you must have been really touched by her thoughtfulness!

Glad you are in a happy place with regards to your weight loss. I really think it helps keep you motivated when you are able to see results. Keep up the good work x

Hi AJ, glad you're doing so well. How sweet of your daughter to trawl the internet for that verse - wonderful! If my 3 are half as thoughtful in years to come I'll be over the moon. Take care xxx

Hi Aj

Just trying to catch up with everyone diaries. What a lovely verse you're daughter hunted down for you, you must have been really touched by her thoughtfulness!

Glad you are in a happy place with regards to your weight loss. I really think it helps keep you motivated when you are able to see results. Keep up the good work x

Hia CC!

Yes I know I am lucky:) and it is lovely to get a bit of feedback from her.

I do feel comfortable at the moment and do hope that I can keep going what I'm doing. Fingers crossed.

AJ

Hi AJ, glad you're doing so well. How sweet of your daughter to trawl the internet for that verse - wonderful! If my 3 are half as thoughtful in years to come I'll be over the moon. Take care xxx

Hello there, Jax. Nice to hear from you:). It is such a difficult balance to be a good parent, and particularly when children approach the teenage years and we have to slowly let them go but keep them safe.

I am still waiting for my two to become 'terrible teens', but so far only my son has given me a bit of 'attitude' (but always apologises later - still doesn't get his X-Box back though:D).

AJ

Morning AJ

Really glad its going well for you and that verse for mothers day was lovely.

The cruise is not far away now, soon be here and enjoyed

M

Morning AJ

Really glad its going well for you and that verse for mothers day was lovely.

The cruise is not far away now, soon be here and enjoyed

M

Hia M,

It's just about the time when I need to pay the balance of the holiday:eek:. Probably at the weekend. It will be hard to part with so much money;).

I've been on to the website to check out the excursions. They are SO expensive:( so we won't book any, just do it ourselves. It does not help that the £ is so weak at the moment.

Myself and Jayne have started checking out TK Maxx's for new posh frocks for the evenings... There has not been a lot recently though, perhaps because of all the Proms coming up. Still, we'll have to keep looking...

AJ

Another 1lb off:) even after the wonderful Yang Sing all-you-can-eat buffet on Sunday. That's me lost two and a half stone so far. If I lose another 1lb next week I'll be in the 13s:D.

Myself and Jayne are having facials tomorrow, and I think I'll make an appointment to get my hair cut. D'you know when it gets to the point where no matter how carefully you do you hair in the morning, it just doesn't go the way you want it? Well I'm there this morning:cry:. But at least the sun is shining and IT's FRIDAY!!!

AJ

I haven't posted in your diary before, So thought I'd pop in and say hello and congratulations on you loss this week. x

Kitchen sounds lush! :O)

Well done on another lb. This is really suiting you isn't it :)

Enjoy your facial, I love being pampered :D I know what you mean about your hair though, mine is like that all the time. Should have seen me yesterday. Left the house and it was perfectly straight but with the wild weather, by the time I got to work I looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards :eek:

I haven't posted in your diary before, So thought I'd pop in and say hello and congratulations on you loss this week. x

Kitchen sounds lush! :O)

Hia Ugg!:wavey:Thanks for your best wishes. How long have you been doing WW?

Yeah, I love cooking in my kitchen now;), but it hasn't improved my cooking skills:D.

AJ

Back