7 Day Personal SS'ing Challenge - I'm Struggling

Hi all

Just to answer your question on the husks, they are a bulking agent so will help keep you regular, but if you are already really bunged up you may need something stronger to get you moving again first. Be sure to drink plenty of water with the husks.

Well done to you all on this thread for sticking with it.

Georgie
x

Question for anyone who can answer......I havent been to the loo in about a week but my tummy isnt sick or anything. Is this normal??
Sorry but I dont think theres a nicer way to ask :rolleyes:

Hi Laney

Not too sure if it's normal but I've been much the same as you...

I started using the Fibre 89 every morning. I just have one teaspoon a day mixed in my first glass of S/Berry. It doesn't taste of a thing so it's not an effort to drink it. I've been quite a few times this week (sorry if TMI) and it's not been as painful...!

Well done on your loss today... you're doing great and good luck with your 790 this week.

H x

Evening all

I've had a good day. Managed no nibbling, even when everyone else had Fish & Chips half an hour ago. I sat there with my shake and the clothes fund earnt another £1.

This thread is definitely helping me to stick to SS, I hope we have another thread the same for next week! Or carry this one on?

Sounds like you have a had another very successful day Hannah, well done :) Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. I'll be doing my usual scale hop but tomorrow it's my "offical" weigh so I am allowed :p

Mochaj - I think you need to put a fiver in the clothes fund pot for resisting Fish and Chips..!!

Glad the thread has helped - would be great for me as well to do another one starting tomorrow after WI's if you're up for it..

Good Luck tomorrow... I'm having to re-arrange my WI as I've got that interview tomorrow at 6pm which is when I'd get weighed. I'm hoping she'll do it for me a bit later if not it will have to be Tuesday evening.

Have a good evening.

I'm just under 3L down and have had 2 packs - 1 to go... decisions, decisions...

H x

Great girls thanks for the information. Its great to know there will always be someone to answer my questions!!

Glad the thread has helped - would be great for me as well to do another one starting tomorrow after WI's if you're up for it..

Definitely up for it! It's kept me going :)

I'll be skint if I put a fiver in the clothes fund. I spent too much today on a pair of new boots and some new jeans which are too baggy round the bum but the next size down won't do up!

The boots are weird, they are the exact same size as my last boots and same make but they are TINY compared to my old ones. When I put the soles together there is 2 inches difference in size! They look like they are about size 4 and I am size 7. When I put them on they fit once they are on but are almost impossible to get on. They are Florence and Fred from Tesco. I'm getting really annoyed with Tesco's sizing in clothes and now in footwear too! I wish I didn't live in the sticks and was nearer to some decent shops!! It's 5 hrs round trip to the nearest shopping centre! lol

I'm just having my last choc shake. 3 choc ones today. Next time I will order more of different flavours. I have 2 weeks supply left and they are almost all choc! I have one or two choc mint and strawberry and one soup left. I do have bars though and was so tempted to have one tonight instead of my shake. But this is my last shake of week 2 so I'm being really anal about it and not having my bar till tomorrow. :)

sounds like you are all doing well.

Ive had a busy day tidying up and got some packing done. We have found somewhere to rent and can move on 5th OCtober so only 2 weeks away, arghhh

We've had an intruder in our garage this evening. I had packed a load of Zoe's toys into a large box and put in the garage with the other boxes that I had packed. The garage is attached to the house and always left unlocked. Anyway these toys were in a box that a 28" TV came in so it would have looked like a brand new telly from the outside. Some cheeky git has come into our garage and taken the box. The dog went mental but I didnt realise what he was barking at quickly enough. By the time I realised it was too late. Its all locked up now but Im dreading incase they come back for more stuff. Poor old Zoe isn't going to be happy when she realises her toys are missing. It was a huge box and while theres nothing valuable in it Zoe will be gutted.

At least it hasnt driven me to the biscuit tin like it would have in the past. ive come on here to distract myself and to stop me looking out of the windows incase they come back.

Oh Sam that's absolutely awful... I bet you don't sleep tonight worrying.

Poor Zoe, I'm presuming you haven't told her yet....

Some people have got so much nerve - I once heard stories in the past of people walking into the co-op and walking out with colour tvs and fridges... how for gods sake?

Why do people have to be so cruel to one another...

Keep strong..!

oh sam thats awfull :hug99: for you and zoe xx

Hannah you have done fab this wk and so has everyone else well done to you all.
So wish i had taken up the challenge with you all are you going to carry on this as if you all are then i would really love to join in as of tomorrow if i can please as i have been BAD yesterday and today :cry: havent been hungry so dont no why i have eaten but i damn well have so peed off with myself now what with being so close to goal !! so i need a good kick in the backside and do this proply again as otherwise i am going to have another weigh-in on friday with either 0lb loss or i am gonna have out on!! but if fingers crossed i get it in check NOW that wont happen. But right now am so mad with myself.
Sorry guys

Sorry to hear about your intruder Sam, that's awful. I hope Zoe takes it not too badly :( What age is she, she might surprise you with her attitude about it. My little girl (6 yrs) had a goldfish which died last weekend when she was away for 2 nights staying with my parents. I was dreading telling her when she got home. I told her and her reply was "Oh great, that's the best news I've had." So I asked why and she said "Cos now I can have a new one and it can be a spotty one!" She'd seen some spotty fish in the pet shop. Lol. It was NOT the response I expected. Kids eh!

Tara, sorry to hear you've had a bad couple of days. This thread has been great for keeping me on track this week. It's just helped me knowing there are a group of us aiming for a 7 day challenge. I think the reason it's worked for me is (a) the support, which is fantastic! and (b) the fact its a week. 7 days isn't too big and scary in my mind, so it's more easily achievable than a big challenge :)

Thanks to Hannah for starting this! :D

Morning all,

Sam Im so sorry to hear about what happened. Some people really do have a cheek! Hopefully Zoe will take it ok?

Had a good weekend. Just starting my 2nd litre now. Im on the 790 this week and its actually hard to eat and have the 3 shakes. I know Ive had some comments that I should just stay ssing while Im away but at the end of the day I have to do what I feel is right for me. I just dread getting back into ketosis when I come home :eek:

Morning Guys...

My day started great as my scales (yes I hopped on this morning :)) said 13st 2lb which would mean I've lost 8lb this week... lets hope CDC's scales say the same tonight...! Hopefully, I'll be getting weighed about 6:45pm if I can get out of this 3rd interview quickly otherwise it will be tomorrow.

The best news is that if I do this 7 day challenge again, I could be out of the 13's next week.... what joy..! :D

Weather c**p here so was late for work (only 10 mins but thankfully boss out until later this morning)..

My DS has his first spellings test today.. he now gets spellings for homework on a Tuesday and tested on Monday... bless...! He sat at his desk last night doing last run through test and he seemed so grown up sat there writing...

Sam - how are you this morning, did you sleep ok? How was Zoe? Did she take the news ok? I thought about the intruder last night thinking how gutted he must have been opening a TV Box finding it full of Barbies and cuddly toys etc.. serve the git right...

Saff - forget about the weekend and join next weeks 7 day challenge.. how much have you got to lose before goal... we'll help you get there sweet..

Mochaj - my DS still thinks the vets looking after his fish.. I couldn't tell him they'd died (he was only 4 I didn't think he'd understand).. your DD's reaction was fantastic.

Glad this thread has helped you this week.. it's definitely done the trick for me... My head's definitely in the right place and when it's there the diet does it's work...

Fingers crossed for everyone getting weighed today... wonder how much we'll lose collectively...

Wishing you all a good day...

H x

Well folks,
Was missing in action yesterday, as I was out all day doing the Morecambe Bay walk with famous Cederic the official bay walk guide. For anybody who dosent know Morcambe bay is emormous and at certain times you can walk from one side to the other leaving Lancashire and walking into Cumbria. Its a stunning and dangerous 6 - 8 miles depending on the route, through thigh high water at times, that changes all the time due to it being the most treacherous sand walk anywhere, i.e. quicksand,deep chanels and the fastest tide ever. Unfortunately this leads to lots of deaths every year and must only be attempted with Cederic the officail guide, who volunteers his expertise at certain days throughout the summer. Well a big goup of us wanted to do it so off we went and we did it and survived it was 6 and a half miles and took about 3 and a half hours as you have to keep stopping. Loads of calories burned off , but I had to eat at a pub nearby afterwards and ordered salmon and vegatables thinking low cal.carb option (as on 790 ) , but it was a high cal disaster when it arrived, salmon smothered in thick creamy sauce, and veg awash in a sea of butter (I kid you not), but I was starving so I had to eat it, tried to scrap off the worst of the fat fest and washed it down with too much wine and soda (sob) as the feel of so much fat in your mouth after ssing feels horrible!
Never mind, put it behind me now, had my weigh in this morning and although I know I was in the 12's last week, this morning I had just tipped back over the damm 13's again so at weigh in I had only lost 1 and three quarters (damm, double damm). But hey, a loss is a loss and I know it I will have to be extra good this week to get it well and truly in the 12's for next Monday WI, gonna be hard though as going to Bath for the weekend to celebrate our 28 th wedding anniversary and eating will feature quite large.
Anyway hope you are all having a good Monday and good luck for the WI Hannah you deserve a good one babe with all your hard work.

Morning all,

good luck with WI Hannah, and with the 3rd interview for the job. If there asking you back a 3rd time I reckon its in the bag mate. Fingers crossed.

Zoe hasnt realised her stuff has gone and Im not going to tell her that somebody stole it. To be honest, it was nothing valuable, just a load of old tat really, but Im still annoyed that its gone. I would love to see their faces when they opened that box last night though, expecting a telly and getting, well, a load of junk really. Bloody well serves them right though.

Im afraid that after posting about how I wasnt going to eat the biscuits thats exactly what I did. Loads of them, And Ive made it worse by having a bacon sandwich and a penguin this morning. I dont know whats wrong with me, Its the first time I have had a proper "fall" off the wagon that hasnt been planned and its like I cant stop.

Hello all

I had my weigh in this morning and I'm 5lbs down this week, so I'm delighted! That means I am quarter of a pound short of losing 2 stones in total. Almost halfway :)

Sam, sorry to hear about your blip. I hope you manage to get back on the wagon quickly. Good Luck.

HCW the walk sounds good. I've been to Morecambe a few times and would like to do that walk one day!

Hannah - Good luck with interview and weigh in!

Tara - I hope you're having a better day today :)

:wow:

WELL DONE MOCHAJ

How pleased must you feel today - 5lb in one week is absolutely fantastic...!! A good fee P's today and you'll have lost that quarter pound by the time the Eastenders theme tune plays tonight...!! :)

SAM - Stick with the thread and I'm planning on doing another next week as well.... none of us can afford to give in. We're all determined and have our own personal goals why we want to do it and we can do it. The support from here is fantastic and something we all couldn't do without... You've lots going on right now so don't beat yourself up, don't let it spiral out of control and think about getting down into the next stone bracket.... :)

Saff - you've done so well and you'll get to goal sooner than you think if you stick with it... I'm really pleased you're still visiting this thread :)

HCW - Those 12's are calling you misses.... :) keep with us this week and you could be there by the weekend which will hopefully make you think and eat sensibly whlilst away in Bath. I went there on a short break after my wedding and it's absolutely lovely - have a wonderful celebration :)

Laney - you'll do great on 790 as you're so focused on doing what's right for you.. :)

I've had my tetra now which was split into 2 with hot water and I'm 1.5L down - bit slow on the water today, not sure why...

Hope everyone else doing ok?

H x

I'm doing ok thanks Hannah. I'm also a bit slow on the water today. Just finishing off my 2nd litre. I hope to drink 5, so I better get glugging. I haven't started on my packs yet. So I should go and make one really!

Hope your interview goes really well.

How is everyone else this afternoon? :)

Hi guys,

Hannah good luck with your interview later. As Sam said its your 3rd so youve probably got it in the bag. Good luck x

Mochaj well done you!! WOW amazing!!

Sam dont worry about falling off the wagon just make sure you jump back on again tomorrow! Thank God Zoe hasnt realised yet...you never know she may not notice at all!

Im only on my 2nd litre of water but I plan to drink 4 today. Good luck with the WI's if anyone has one tonight!

Thanks Hannah & Mochaj
I am deffo haveing a better day today still feel mad that had junk over wk/end it were stupid bits, pringles,1 small pack mini pringles, 5 mini choc brownie bite thingies, 6 jaffa cakes and 3/4 of a peice of cake!! and i actually didnt enjoy them that much but still had them.
But after joining you all properly today rather than just posting well dones to you all i feel so much better about it and have had 3ltrs water so far today just starting the 4th wooohooo

Back